Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I'm still finding it hilarious how Ken's best excuse for bad dialogue is simply characters not being native English speakers.  Does that mean that all the bad dialogue in his Sonic run was simply because not even Sonic's spoken language was English?  He really shot himself in both feet with that kind statement.  Actually, it's likely more a lie if it's Ken Penders.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm still finding it hilarious how Ken's best excuse for bad dialogue is simply characters not being native English speakers.  Does that mean that all the bad dialogue in his Sonic run was simply because not even Sonic's spoken language was English?  He really shot himself in both feet with that kind statement.  Actually, it's likely more a lie if it's Ken Penders.

• Thumbs Up 4

Really? Even Knuckles? All you need to do is slap a goatee, shirt and loincloth on a character and the law will leave you alone? 

• Thumbs Up 3

It's an excuse. The one thing he will put any REAL effort into.

• Thumbs Up 3

Technically he's not doing anything illegal, you know. He has changed them 'enough' from their previous designs. Just because we can obviously see the roots (having experienced them), they are 'different' now.

And honestly, his story is nothing like anything in Sonic, so that's not something he really has to worry about.

They would. But, and again, as this has been stated repeatedly before. 1- SEGA doesn't care- this all relates to the Archie branch of things 2- Even if Archie were to win, they'd have spent money on court fees.

That's the hitch here. The reason they don't pursue isn't so much that Penders has a leg to stand on, it's that court is expensive.

So whilst searching for something... I found this.

I present to you, Sonic the Hedgehog X Wonder Woman as drawn by Ken Penders.

sonic.jpg

Before people go nuts, this was almost certainly a fan request sketch...

But I just found it too funny not to share.

It's also old news. It's the drawing of "Wonder Woman the Hedgehog" he did at a con by request.

Finally seeing it and...

Oh.

I thought it was gonna be Wonder Woman x Sonic as in a coupling.

I'm sad now, I had hoped that was a thing... oddly. :P

Yep. I see it.

It's pretty average on the whole. Sad that his work managed to go downhill from here even.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god. That's terrible. Plus the way he draws the hair makes Sonic look like Cruella De Ville attempting a Wonder Woman cosplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

What in the fuck...?

Okay,I realize that he probably didn't make that for fun, but... What?

It's honestly not that bad, at least by Ken Penders standards. But then maybe all the artwork he's been putting out recently has lowered my expectations somewhat.

...I still do question why it's even a thing in the first place though, fan request or not.

• Thumbs Up 3

So let's see that pic Hoggy was talking about in the stat- (quoting for the new page)

So whilst searching for something... I found this.

I present to you, Sonic the Hedgehog X Wonder Woman as drawn by Ken Penders.

Edit: Damn, won't link... 1 sec

gKHaP08.jpg

Before people go nuts, this was almost certainly a fan request sketch...

But I just found it too funny not to share.

tumblr_m4rocyT1XD1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Not specifically because it's drawn bad or the concept is weird or anything, but out of all of the art I've seen from him it is this picture that actually looks the most on-model to its source material.

• Thumbs Up 2

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/593592316863975424

Seems that Ken's been busy making a new Data File (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDzdEQDUkAAEMTy.jpg:large). Will update once I read.

EDIT 1: THE PREATORIAN'S NAME IS F###### K'NOX! IS HE EVEN TRYING?!?!

EDIT 2: He's still measuring his characters in Marks and Stone. Metric or US Customary I don't care which just use one of those two!

EDIT 3: Echyd'nyaplis... I can't even begin to describe the stupidity.

EDIT 4: Apparently Kragok is not dead.

EDIT 5: Luger is also not dead.

EDIT 6: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! WHY IS JANELLE NOT DEAD?! THAT WAS THE ENTIRE DRIVING POINT BEHIND WHY SABRE AND ATHAIR DIDN'T GET ALONG!

EDIT 7 (FINAL EDIT): So apparently not only is Lara super smart, and a master combatant, but he's also explaining how all the futures are the same with spacial distortions, WHICH WOULD MAKE THEM ALTERNATE REALITIES!!

K'Nox? Really? It's not THAT different than Knuckles... <_<

I've seen that picture before, and it's not a pretty sight. 8I I mean it looks okay, but who the hell would want Sonic to dress up as Wonder Woman? Wouldn't Flash make more sense? Argh, it's so weird.

I just realized. Is Sonic wearing lipstick?

Robotnik_and_sonic_1.jpg

?

• Thumbs Up 7

Ok, just three issues right off the bat with that picture.

1.Why is Sonic wearing lipstick and what's up with him in Wonder Woman's costume. I don't understand it, is it meant to be a genderbent Sonic cosplaying as Wonder Woman or what?

2. What's up with the hair? Sonic looks like Cruella De Vil cosplaying as Wonder Woman

3. It just looks badly drawn and weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

Perhaps my greatest fear is that Penders won't ever be relieved of his delusions. We all know that Lara-Su Chronicles has a sub-zero chance of being even remotely successful, but he'll probably just pull another "blame Wal-Mart", maybe even criticize his online opponents for spreading "false rumors".

That previous statement was, of course, assuming he ever gets around to releasing it, which I personally think is unlikely given his track record. He'll never officially stop working on it, though, and it'll just be another one of his "projects" for all eternity. Thus, he'll never even be able to see it flop. Sighhhh.

Oh well. Personally, I like the reboot a lot, and it never would've happened if not for Penders, so I'm not exactly raginingly angry at him. It still would be nice if he had to realize he's an untalented jerk, though. But at least the Sonic fandom (i.e. the only people who might've had even a chance of being interested in his work) realizes it, even if he doesn't.

THEY REBOOTED AN UNIQUE UNIVERSE INTO A SHITTY CLONE OF THE GAMES.

*instinct to defend new universe rises*

*realizes that anything I'm going to say has already been said before a million times*

*decides to let it go*

Finally seeing it and...

Oh.

I thought it was gonna be Wonder Woman x Sonic as in a coupling.

I'm sad now, I had hoped that was a thing... oddly. :P

Well it's better than Superman x Wonder Woman /shot

• Thumbs Up 2