Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I have read the bio and I shall say this.

I have never concentrated this hard in my life.

Okay I'm not that much of a long reader. But I HAD TO SAY THAT. I'm sorry.

That Bio is so long. Especially the Known Family Section. It's like her family tree is the size of an Oak Tree or any bigger tree than that!  K'nox? That sounds like Knuckles. The even bigger dead giveaway is this description on HOW he got the nick name:

Acquired as a young lad due to the unusual bone structure in his hands

Now, I'm thinking the 'unusual bone structure' is his knuckles, like how SEGA!Knuckles' knuckles are like. Now moving on to the drawing.

Lara Su looks a LOT older than just 15-16, especially in the face. The eyes are too big and that glasses visor thingy is covering most of the face. What I think Penders is trying to do is to add more detail into drawing the character. And it has gone wrong... again. And the color scheme. IMO, I think it needs work in some places. Granted he got the skin color right, but let me point out some things here from the bio:

Eyes: Deep Violet, Hair: Fiery Red

I don't see the violet in her eyes. Maybe that was an error, or maybe it's because of the visor/glasses she's wearing, although I'm thinking it's the first one. It could be just me, but I think her hair is a too deep red. Shouldn't it be a wee bit brighter? Now the attire. I can't tell which is worse, the Su-Kini, or the fact that she's wearing a loincloth with nothing underneath it. So, she lives in Echyd'nyapolis. (I'm calling this Echidnapolis, I don't care, I can't pronounce that or spell that with apostrophies). Okay moving on.

There's a lot more to this biography, Penders has given us a sneak peek, and looking at his twitter, He's definately making an app AND A WEBSITE.

Are you honest to God kidding me? Really? How the hell is he not getting sued by SEGA again? 

He's not getting sued because SEGA/Archie are ignoring him. As mentioned a million times before, they can't do anything unless Penders finishes and sells copies of the book. All Penders is doing is showing previews of LSC material on the net. He's even planning a website.

Which reminds me: I wonder why he's posting a Biography, a patch, some Character drawings, a preview page, when he should be finishing that who-knows-how-many-pages Shattered Tomorrows Graphic Novel? He should have the second page of the Prelude ready, but a month, (soon two months I think) has passed and we have a sneak peek of Lara's Bio. He's trying to make an app and and a site, but he can't work on the novel, which is the core of the entire series.

No, I think it might be that knife she had. 

Though who the fuck knows anymore. Nothing makes sense. Red is blue. Up is down. Hate is love. Freedom is slavery. 

I'm guessing it's the knife too. Which reminds me (again) Dagon. I almost misread it as 'Dragon'.

I really wonder why Penders can't use 'Dagger' or 'Knife'. Why 'Dagon'? It's clear he's trying to get people to know the new language and see to it that this language should be a trend to this... series or something. But it would be a good idea to use several objects and name it to the tune of understandable language.

Looking back at the Shattered Tomorrows cover, Lara has a knife on her leg (or ankle), I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of belt to place weapons. Because NOBODY puts a knife on an ankle. Granted Lara may have quick reflexes and all that stuff, but suppose you fight someone, and you try to reach your weapon, you'll be dead within a minute (or quicker than that).

TL:DR

facedesk_gif_by_katetls-d684dcx.gif

I'm scared to see the rest of these Biographies. The longer they get, the more everyone's heads will hurt.

• Thumbs Up 3

There's a lot more to this biography, Penders has given us a sneak peek, and looking at his twitter, He's definately making an app AND A WEBSITE.

The site's actually been up for a while. It's just completely devoid of anything but a message saying something will be put there eventually. 

Looking back at the Shattered Tomorrows cover, Lara has a knife on her leg (or ankle), I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of belt to place weapons. Because NOBODY puts a knife on an ankle. Granted Lara may have quick reflexes and all that stuff, but suppose you fight someone, and you try to reach your weapon, but you'll be dead within a minute (or quicker than that).

He already gave her the ability to speak a dozen languages and hunt at age five. The ability to draw a dagger from an inconvenient spot within a second is sure to follow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The site's actually been up for a while. It's just completely devoid of anything but a message saying something will be put there eventually. 

He already gave her the ability to speak a dozen languages and hunt at age five. The ability to draw a dagger from an inconvenient spot within a second is sure to follow. 

Oh. Didn't see that. The site's closed? Who knows how long it was like that, and how long it will take to get it open.

Say, how long did it take to get SSMB back to normal after the recent explosion?

Well that's a lot of abilities... I still find it weird it's place on her leg though...

It baffles me how he honestly thinks people will buy this, when however I look at it, there's basically no market for this thing whatsoever. The general public won't give two shits about it, and the Archie Sonic crowd who he's trying to pander to all hate him, aside from maybe the five Ken Penders fanboys out there. 

Also, I know people have raised this issue a lot, but what the hell is taking him so long? He's been prattling on about this for nearly half a decade now and he's not put out a single volume/ issue/ chapter. 

I think he does know deep down that this is doomed to fail, but he's too deep in denial to admit it...or he's hoping that some millionaire sap will look at his work and get him a movie, com-I mean graphic novel, and tv series deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, as I've said before, what exactly is his source of income during this time? Considering he can't be earning a single penny from his 'creations', he's as good as unemployed, and has been since he left Archie.

I know we suspected that his wife has been supporting him, but even so, that's an awfully long time to leech off of your other half with no results.

Honestly, if he weren't being so stupidly arrogant and pigheaded about all this, I'd almost feel sorry for him. The guy has about five people on his side and his dream 'masterwork' that he's apparently pouring so much time and effort into is doomed to tank (if it even gets off the ground at all). He's never found any real success outside of piggybacking on a licensed children's comic which he was eventually driven out of and his work on is now lambasted as some of the worst the comic had.

• Thumbs Up 3

Whoa...  This is just the cyberspace equivalent to Ken dancing naked, wearing only a sandwich sign saying "Give me ALL the lawsuits!" and screaming out all the reason why he should be sued.  And I can only guess the thought that's running through Sega's mind right now (assuming they've seen this coffee spit inducing horror) is-

Urge to sue and/or kill: rising.

omfg I thought it couldn't get worse but it just bloody did! I couldn't be arsed to read most of that bloody text because it's WAY too long and I got more important stuff to do (namely coursework) so I'll just go over some other stuff.

• First of all, Lara-Su looks fugly and old. That is THE most unappealing character design I've ever seen and she's supposed to be the main! This is who the comic is named after people, a middle aged wrinkly old space echidna. Also what the hell is his obsession with loin cloths? Women look terrible in those and it just doesn't fit! Her eyes are awful too, like some rip off anime BS.
  • Gotta love that profile description right there, I mean wow she is PERFECT isn't she? Lara-Su? More like MARY-SU amirite?
  • Oh look, he outright SAYS she's from Sonic Archie comic! Pendurrs, fucking make up your mind! Is this a whole new original project or are you leeching off of Archie and making a spin off without their permission? Cos it looks like you're doing the latter!

And--oh oh oh. Oh. My. GOD WHAT IS THIS K'NOX? K'NOX?! That's your replacement name for Fuckles?! And he got the nickname from the unusual bone structure in his hands--IT'S KNUCKLES! KNUX!

csx1mFxXJn2qQ.gif

I'm just baffled by the unoriginality and laziness found in this text, no, the ENTIRETY of Pendurrs' comic. Sega/Archie might not do anything about it right now, but if he actually gets off his ass, finishes his comic and somehow manages to release it and sell it in newsagents and such, I will gleefully laugh at the C&D's coming his way.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't even read the 'Family' section of the file without thinking that it's some kind of obituary. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Knock Knock it's K'Nox Unlike Oglivie I can't chuckle because I have a Nickname acquired as a lad due to unusual bone structure on my hands. 

• Thumbs Up 9

My head probably would have exploded if he decided to go for Knux instead yah, but K'nox is still really, REALLY lazy and just stupid. He's not even trying with that name!

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point, K'nux would actually have been less insulting.

I'm honestly kind of surprised he didn't just do that. Everything else so far has been pathetically transparent as to who the Praetorian is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

At this rate, I bet that the king is going to be called S'awneek.

This has reached self-parody levels…

• Thumbs Up 3

You think he'll make a character called E'on Fal'inn and then have that character brutally killed by one of his Sues for some contrived reason?

• Thumbs Up 2

You think he'll make a character called E'on Fal'inn and then have that character brutally killed by one of his Sues for some contrived reason?

I wouldn't put it past him. Or maybe he'll just alter Ian Droid towards that end... a lot of people tend to think that before learning what year he debuted in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, he's rightfully getting called out, but of course he's still banging the creators' rights drum. Or a trash can with "creators' rights" painted on it. One of the two:

You got that backwards. SEGA benefitted from the use of my material all those years. The comics industry isn't a charity where Creators turn over their work for a 1-time fee. Marvel and DC right now are certainly discovering that fact of life at this time.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/593793760917491713

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/593794787880280064

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/593795367726002176

Uh huh. SEGA benefited from your material... how, exactly? Because they let them stay in the background? These characters, much as I liked most of them, were not a selling point of the book. Ever. Even Chronicles isn't a good defense because the Nocturnus aren't just copy-paste jobs of the Dark Legion. Inspired, sure, but not wholesale rip-offs. And I would think Ken Freakin' Penders of all people could understand that, but clearly my expectations are just a little too high for a man who is purposefully drawing SEGA styled Echidna with little to no changes or outright stealing a SEGA character to use in a story that's somehow totally original and divorced from Sonic the Hedgehog while simultaneously piggybacking off of it in the most glaring way possible.

I almost miss the days when I sort of pitied the man, but I can't even fake that shit anymore.

It's also funny seeing him include SEGA in his @replies. I sincerely hope someone there is documenting this crap to use against him whenever this thing does come out.

At this rate, I bet that the king is going to be called S'awneek.

This has reached self-parody levels…

Nah, his name'll obviously be O'gil'Vie

On that note, glad to see the LARA-SU CHRONICLES wiki is being kept up to date--Definitely Not Knuckles' page mentions the K'nox name, heh.

• Thumbs Up 3