Awoo.

TwitchPlaysPokemon (Couple minutes passed, guess it's time to save again!)

Goldenlink64

While we wait for the start of the Epic through Johto, they are currently playing the Pokemon Trading Card Game on the the Game Boy.

People want to use Pysduck, others want to use Exodia, or I'm sorry...Helixodia.

I feel like Twitch should take a break before jumping into G/S. It's exciting that they finally finished Red, but people should take more time to enjoy the post-E4 period before starting up what is essentially season 2 of TPP. I'm personally not too stoked about having to start a new adventure so soon.

• Thumbs Up 5

Seems that in the wait for the Generation II playthrough, we'll be playing other games. Trading Card Game was just on, now we're playing a shoddy Pokemon bootleg of Link's Awakening DX. Hoho.

Here's a top post from r/twitchplayspokemon I think is good idea:

However excited you may be that we've beaten the game, for those of you who don't know, we are entering Generation 2 tomorrow.

This is a new game, with a new character. We can't even hold the Helix fossil this time, so we shouldn't try to make whatever happens part of the Helix religion lore.

This should be a rejuvenation, and we're starting a new game. Let the game's random occurrences manifest themselves into a new story.

And maybe once we fight Red at the top of mount Silver, the battle against a god will begin.

In the meantime...

TPP is playing an assortment of games; from Puzzle League to the TGC to even...Link's Awakening?!

bhdc.png

CURSES ME BE-A NINJA'D ARRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

I am SO glad I was randomly watching to see how the chatroom exploded when POKÉMON appeared on the title screen instead of Legend of ZELDA.

Here's a top post from r/twitchplayspokemon I think is good idea:

I love the sound of that. There can be continuity between this and Red of course, but it's not going to hinge entirely on Red's story and rely on the over-used Helix Fossil. Leaves plenty of room for expanding the universe, like Marvel's current cinematic universe! By telling a new story that, given we do eventually clash with Red, will run head on with an old legend, in a battle that will be a "Big Bang" of sorts, birthing even more than before! Come to think of it, I can't wait for the Jaw Fossil eventually!

Of course, there's nothing guaranteeing that we won't have trolls, fanatics, or just straight-up hard heads, etc still barking up words and unnecessary connections in defiance, but alas to that.

Regardless, like the inhabitants of the LEGO Movie, together we have the potential to create a new world of Pokemon, brick by brick, theory by theory, and gen by gen! each gaming experience shall form a piece of this world that will worked into place of the grand scheme. Who knows, maybe the creator will find a way to story-wise link to Emerald/Ruby, with a loose but coherent "word of god" tidbit. Maybe a reincarnation.

I do hope that we get to do a Twitch playthrough of a Pokemon game featuring the "walking pokemon" gimmick as seen in Yeloow, my favorite of the Gen 1 pokemon games. Especially if you can talk to it like you could with Pickachu.

Speaking of which, is there a "special" game out of the Gen 2 series, like how Yellow is the stand-out amongst Gen 1 or how Emerald is the most unique and varied experience as opposed to the identical story and gameplay structures of Sapphire and Ruby? Funny, how out of the 3 pokemon gens I've played prior to my revived Pokemon interest ala Gen 6, Gen 2 was the one I remember the least about.blush.png 

Random thought: if they start G/S/C, i wonder what creative name will they use for the rival.

I've been mulling a little about how little time we have to rest between games, on one hand my personal view of it is something akin to "Oh Mastar! At least give me 2 weeks to breath, sleep and have a life besides this stream!" and I can bet I'm not the only one who thinks like this, after beating the game we were hyped but now I feel a little overwhelmed by all the stuff that happened (and are happening since we have so little time to talk about the events that occurred here) and I'd like to take a breather before jumping again.

But on the other hand I can see where the mysterious admin might be going for by taking so little time between seasons, if you look at the post Symbotic quoted there is currently a discussion (and a bit of a worry) about how "organic" this second season will be, if we were to be given time to speculate, talk and even form a whole lore before the second series start we could end up having some pre-scripted events (especially if you consider every fanon in TPP is canon) and that's not something I personally want. Giving people so little time between plays might ensure that things stay as chaotic as possible.

Having said that, I bet people will be fighting to catch a Pidgey ASAP. >_>

I can't help but wonder if the next game's coming so soon, also out of fear that the hype might die down in a longer interval.

I KIND of hope just to be consistent with the Gen 1 playthrough, the creator does the opening gameplay and we have Gold and Silver as the characters, then open the floodgates to Twitch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man I was rewatching the final battle and the coordination the mob acquired at that moment is almost scary, they totally mopped the floor with Blue and at moments it felt they did the right switches and they used the right moves... All while Blue kept spamming Withdraw as if he was the one being guided by a bunch of monkeys fighting over a controller.

My favorite part has to be how Bird Jesus spammed sand attack to blind Blastoise and then ATV spend a bunch of turns leching the turtles life and finish it by disabling hydro pump, leaving Blue's starter with only Blizzard and Bite to attack (and Blue didn't use any of those).

EDIT:

I KIND of hope just to be consistent with the Gen 1 playthrough, the creator does the opening gameplay and we have Gold and Silver as the characters, then open the floodgates to Twitch.

The only problem with that would be that Silver gets introduced a little later into the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

My guess is that things will get more difficult now there there's a tad more competent AI now, so I doubt we will see the rise of a ATV-esuqe hero again.

You know, speaking of that, is there any specific reason Blue's Blastoise spazzed out in the final fight? I thought it was out of attacking moves at first, but Disable revealed it still had at least Hydro Pump left. It's an AI quirk I don't think I've seen anywhere other than the Elite Four, and I'm curious.

You know, speaking of that, is there any specific reason Blue's Blastoise spazzed out in the final fight? I thought it was out of attacking moves at first, but Disable revealed it still had at least Hydro Pump left. It's an AI quirk I don't think I've seen anywhere other than the Elite Four, and I'm curious.

Gen 1 AI can be funky at times.

Typical that I would be sleeping during the final battle! ><

But by god, they actually did it! I'm very impressed considering how much coordination this would take. I'm disappointed that they aren't going to try and capture Mewtwo though. It's been a wild ride and now I'm ready to see what their next game will be!

The only problem with that would be that Silver gets introduced a little later into the game.

Oh, do you not name him at the start regardless?  Ah well, can't be helped if so.

The Gen 1 AI is programmed to use what's "Most Effective" against the type of pokemon it's fighting. EVen if those particular moves don't do a lick of damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

My guess is that things will get more difficult now there there's a tad more competent AI now, so I doubt we will see the rise of a ATV-esuqe hero again.

Pokemon AI can do stupid stuff even nowadays, even if it isn't as common, so you never know...

Oh, do you not name him at the start regardless?  Ah well, can't be helped if so.

Yeah, the rival introduces himself to the player character but instead of a name it's just "...", and when the protag later tells someone what his name is, the naming screen comes out. Or, that's how I remember it, anyway.

I'd laugh if the mob co-ordinates long enough to literally name him "...", if that's possible.

Pokemon AI can do stupid stuff even nowadays, even if it isn't as common, so you never know...

Y'know, one cool moment in Y, I actually had, when I beat AI, Lysandre, actually playing deadly competent, and I somehow beat his Mega Gyrados with my Mega Charizard Y dodging and giving it the 'ol riposte (I wanted to do it for the "story epic-ness" sake of the moment).

Screw that, I can't wait to see what they name the rival. I'm just waiting for them to come up with something like FAAAAAGGG OR FUUCKKKKKKK or something ridiculous like that. I personally told TPP to myself in the style that a Mystery Dungeon game would tell a story. Gloriously. Who will our lord be this time?

Screw that, I can't wait to see what they name the rival. I'm just waiting for them to come up with something like FAAAAAGGG OR FUUCKKKKKKK or something ridiculous like that. I personally told TPP to myself in the style that a Mystery Dungeon game would tell a story. Gloriously. Who will our lord be this time?

Noctowl, Furret, maybe Bellsprout. But I wouldn't doubt them making a Wooper one.

Speaking of which, is there a "special" game out of the Gen 2 series, like how Yellow is the stand-out amongst Gen 1 or how Emerald is the most unique and varied experience as opposed to the identical story and gameplay structures of Sapphire and Ruby? Funny, how out of the 3 pokemon gens I've played prior to my revived Pokemon interest ala Gen 6, Gen 2 was the one I remember the least about.blush.png 

Crystal is the Gen II equivalent of Yellow/Emerald/Platinum.  Gold and Silver came first and then they made Crystal later.  It was the first game to let you choose a female main character and added a bunch of other things in addition to having an expanded Suicune subplot.  I hope they're doing Crystal - at the very least, being able to select their gender is one more choice I'd like to see the chat given, and my memory of Crystal is of it being all-round better, anyway.