Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Ahh yes, it's my turn to do the episode review as well because I have to fill a status quo for everyone else!

Another good episode as usual but still not part of my top favorites.

A reoccuring problem I am seeing with the show is the fact, the liquids looks so not-liquidy(?) if that's a thing. Though I'm pretty sure it was mentioned back when Buster was a thing.

Also what was up with that werid screech Tails made? Not that it was bad, what was up with that?

That timing with the montage was pretty great with the music, to be honest. Sonic dancing was incredibly silly but when are we gonna his lovely singing voice?! #askingthebigquestions

Also that late knee jerk reaction was just as silly.

Also that entire walk sequence was just absolutely great, Sonic sure doesn't like going slow.

One other problem, I have is I feel that Amy and the others were a bit mean to Sonic but it could just be me. Again, Eggman steals the show once again with his appearance.

His plan was actually pretty interesting and I was really curious on how Egghead made that noise? Damnit Amy, you gave the show another plothole!

Also Soni doesn't get why talking in third person is creepy, Soni gets that it might be weird but Soni is still okay with it. But whatever, Soni guesses. Soni's out with Soni's half-baked review.

Soni's ready for good ol' Hedgehog Day!

• Thumbs Up 4

There are some new episode screenshots on Tumblr, unfortunately I can't repost them from this device (boo!)

I can! I'll put them under spoilers.

CvDkojE.png

Orbot and Cubot chatting with Tails

W7wN8W3.png

Tails Runners. In Japanese!

atCOVFC.png

Those 16-Bit graphics just don't hold up.

OskWHiD.png

"Sonic's a shmuck! You're my new BFF now!"

ZkzQDe9.png

Shipping. Shipping everywhere.BTW, this scene looks familiar.

EmoeEDG.jpg

Oh yeah! From Shattered Crystal. (Not the new episode)

9uVHd9j.png

Oh dear. It would appear that my feet are ON @#$%ING FIRE!!!

psdHWxQ.png

This isn't what it looks like.

ngVSXtP.png

KNUCKLES STOP MAKING IT LOOK LIKE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!!

• Thumbs Up 8

http://i.imgur.com/ZkzQDe9.pngDang it! I wish Cartoon Network would quit slacking off, and start airing full new episodes every Saturday. It's bad enough they stopped showing episodes for no legit reason last December, but now they only air half a new episode every Saturday. Since then, France has been airing full episodes weekly, which makes me mad to think about. I thought this show was made for American audiences, so why is France being catered?! I thought the show was made in cooperation with America and France!? Seriously though, that image is cute, and I wish there was a way to see these episodes that we should have gotten already. CN is treating the show like crap, despite how popular it has become in the ratings and fan response. They still don't advertise for the show on TV, they don't give it decent rerun hours, and they air new episodes at an easy to miss time (especially on Sundays...) 

CvDkojE.png

W7wN8W3.png

atCOVFC.png

OskWHiD.png

ZkzQDe9.png

EmoeEDG.jpg

9uVHd9j.png

psdHWxQ.png

ngVSXtP.png

Looks like:

*Eggman fixed/built a new gaming device, not sure about Orbot and Cubot, they might be chatting while Tails is waiting (or might have broke it.)

*Sonic and Amy are either filming themselves or taking a selfie (Sonic has a camera)

*Sonic and Knuckles try to set the leaves on fire, they set Sonic on fire

*They set EVERYTHING ON FIRE

*Sonic rescues Knuckles from the fire, also nice to see Sonic's strong in this canon too.

CvDkojE.png

W7wN8W3.png

atCOVFC.png

OskWHiD.png

ZkzQDe9.png

EmoeEDG.jpg

9uVHd9j.png

psdHWxQ.png

ngVSXtP.png

Those have to be from from episodes 'Let's Play Musical Friends' and "Sleeping Giant".

Also Tails, What are you doing with Eggman.

Wait, THERE'S MOAR:

tumblr_nm4ujgB8W61u32s2mo10_1280.pngGIVE ME THAAAAT.

tumblr_nm4ujgB8W61u32s2mo6_1280.png

That building looks familiar, was this there in Don't Judge Me?

tumblr_nlrms5C4ci1u32s2mo1_540.png

HEAVE!

tumblr_nlrms5C4ci1u32s2mo2_540.png

What are you doing?

tumblr_nlrms5C4ci1u32s2mo3_540.png

What are you talking about? (crash).

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it was the building where the League of Eggman ripoff villains/fanboys met in How to be Evil Without Really Trying. It looks like the same area where Sonic & Amy looked through the window and saw Tails with the villains.

Sonamy goodness for meeh Wow I cant wait! So many interesting episodes coming. Yes Knuckles and Sonic episode!

[in Sonic's voice] No, no. Sonic and Knuckles episode.

[Knuckles confused voice] and Knuckles?

I so could not help it.

Either way, if that episode title for this week is right, we've got an episode where the gang sit around their computers all day waiting for Sega to announce something, then get all upset when nothing happens. Eggman phones Sega to ask if he can be the star of the next game. Dave the Intern is doing the same thing.

I wonder what Hedgehog Day will be about? Most probably it'll be having same plots to a movie, or it could be something else...

Maybe it's a holiday where hedgehogs get special treatment and Sonic and Amy make Tails, Knuckles and Sticks their unwilling slaves.

What? It's the best I can make since we don't have a synopsis to go on this time.

Maybe it's a holiday where hedgehogs get special treatment and Sonic and Amy make Tails, Knuckles and Sticks their unwilling slaves.

What? It's the best I can make since we don't have a synopsis to go on this time.

Or maybe...

Eggman gives the Hedgehogs a really nice vacation, and Eggman himself goes to attack Sticks, Tails, and Knuckles, hoping that without Sonic's Speed and Amy's Hammer power, they'll have a hard time defeating him!

Okay is it just me or did anyone else get a Hatsune Miku vibe from when they read the synopsis for "Let's Play Musical Friends" I swear if they make a vocaloid joke I won't sure how to react.

So, the show has now aired in Australia at the same time for me in AWST but in AEST the time is better. there it airs at 9:30 AM and then again at 4 PM.

https://youtu.be/CnH7HqajN1wInteresting, did anyone else notice this? I rewatched the video that introduced Sticks. I noticed  the story board at 

is likely a scene from the episode Soul Power? It looks like the part where Sticks throws her boomerang at the Giant Robot, but it gets deflected, and she catches it. Then she holds her palms out, and questions how the robot still has power, if Sonic isn't running. 

EPISODE UPDATE!

On May 2nd, a new episode will air, (duh) and it's called...

...Late Fees.

We don't know what it's about though...

EPISODE UPDATE!

On May 2nd, a new episode will air, (duh) and it's called...

...Late Fees.

We don't know what it's about though...

I think this chapter is "Pénalités de retard" in France.

tumblr_nm4ujgB8W61u32s2mo6_1280_zpst6yu0

Synopsis: Sonic must return books to the library failing to pay Amy late penalties. Only there are days when even a simple task can be difficult.

This is probably why they should have TWO-Parters, next season. I'm confused enough as it is, until the Sausages came into play. And the flash was from Cubot's camera.

So...uh... How did time actually fix itself in today's episode? Do we just assume that after Knux's tooth was pulled everyone played their roles and it was all fine? It confused me XD maybe a re-watch is needed when it appears on YouTube later.

So...uh... How did time actually fix itself in today's episode? Do we just assume that after Knux's tooth was pulled everyone played their roles and it was all fine? It confused me XD maybe a re-watch is needed when it appears on YouTube later.

Yeah, that seemed to be the case.

This episode was pretty good. As usual, Mike Pollock brought his A-game. (When he yelled in pain after Knuckles dropped the orb on his foot, I actually cringed because of how realistic it sounded.) 

My main criticism- and this extends to the TV series in general- is that the ending was WAY too abrupt. We never saw the time loop being fixed; it just randomly cuts to Eggman getting a different breakfast, which is all it takes to prove the timestream was fixed.

If there's one reoccurring problem with Sonic Boom, it's the pacing. Some episodes just... stop without really finishing the story. Eggheads ends with Eggman just saying "Thanks. Now let me get back to work!" without showing the team reflecting on their turning evil. (and hairier) Aim Low ends just as Sonic and Eggman start to fight. There's no sign that Eggman is truly back in business; he just wanted the heroes to stop bothering him. Don't Judge Me just has Amy wreaking havoc (I thought she was going to provide some proof of Sonic's innocence and win the trial fair and square.) and Eggman tipping his hand rather unnoticeably. They fight, and we end with a random cutaway gag. I wanted to see the townspeople realizing their mistake and apologizing to Sonic! And Sole Power? We never find out how Sonic's going to take those shoes off or get rid of the noise! (And the writers' intentionally refusing to explain how Eggman caused the noise doesn't help!)

I really think this show would be better if each episode was 22 minutes long instead of 11. As much as I love the animation, characters, and comedy, the writers are struggling to fit their stories into such a small amount of time.

• Thumbs Up 7