Awoo.

Season 1 | Sonic Boom: TV Series Discussion

Ming Ming Hatsune

Methinks that Blue with envy episode must be aired in France already. It's gotta be about sonic having a new rival or something.

Sticks's "singing" is what keeps the Rock Giant asleep, and maybe this could add onto a new theory: That Sticks is actually a descendant of a tribe of Ancients who happen to know how to tame Rock Monsters. This also confirms one other thing: Rainbow Dash has a better singing voice than her!

Yet Western Audiences are barely getting the show, while France is the one getting all the attention...

Uh, France haven't even got the toys yet, I don't know why you think it's getting all of the attention. In fact I think the sole reason it's even aired over here yet is because it was made here, which is perfectly understandable. Also, France is part of Europe, and it's within the Western Hemisphere, so it is a western country.

Oh god this episode. Evil potting soil...it never ends! lol

Another good episode and oh boy did I lose it in laughter multiple times in this. From Knuckles' "Dude, what up" at the beginning to the singing that Amy and Sticks did (the latter of which I don't even XD). Oh yeah and this:

Tails: "Here I come!"

*rock monster just knocks Tails away without a sweat*

Tails: "There I go!"

Tails just can't catch a break with that plane. lol

Oh yeah we got to see more of that archaeology knowledge that Amy is supposed to have and the Ancients race from Rise of Lyric was mentioned. Not bad!

So yeah another great episode!

• Thumbs Up 7

Knuckles: "If that monster sleeps for a thousand years..."

...When was that established?

Oh, and Amy referenced the Ancients!

Uh, France haven't even got the toys yet, I don't know why you think it's getting all of the attention.

Neither has many retailers in America. Most people got their Sonic Boom toys off the internet. I'm sure there are more that would rather get a fair amount of episodes, compared to toys you can get online... Even France can get the toys online, so they're not missing out on a thing. Sonic Boom isn't just made in France, it's made in cooperation with an American and French Studios. It's all because of Cartoon Network's neglect on the show, that we're missing out. The show would have aired the same amount of episodes as France, if CN didn't take a month's vacation from airing episodes, and only airing half an episode, instead of full new episodes... In a commentary with one of the workers for the show, they mentioned how they weren't expecting CN to air half an episode package per week. I wish Sega would tell CN they aren't happy with how they're handling the show's air time. CN still doesn't advertise the show (Maybe if they would stop sucking up to that trash spin off Teen Titans Go, maybe they would realize Sonic Boom is a popular Weekend cartoon that gets many views, and an overall great critical response from viewers.

Onto another subject, I enjoyed today's episode. Although Amy's singing wasn't good, at least it wasn't as bad as her singing in episode 1, or Sticks's squawking (which was hilarious.) I wonder if there will be an episode, where they actually give Amy a good singing voice. Sticks on the other hand, has no chance at having a good singing voice, lol. The ending was funny, Eggman will be stuck for a whole year, listening to Stick's horrible lullaby, unless he wants to wake that rock monster up.

"Sleeping Giant" was a good episode and it definitely had me laughing quite a bit throughout it. I was disappointed that Sonic didn't sing in this episode but we got that horrid singing from Amy and Sticks instead. Nevertheless it was still a good one :)

Like I've done with the previous 20 episodes I would like to give some observations on my end now on Episode 21:

1ezGcsY.jpg?2
These guys engage in some rather bizarre and dangerous forms of entertainment! I'm glad that they do things together though :)

sM3RVIV.jpg?1
Those looks on Sonic and Knuckles' faces upon discovering the Giant Rock Monster! :P

sOz7FAd.png?1
I'm really surprised Tails even bothers to keep flying his plane after all the bad things that keep happening to it :(

B1Sqsnm.jpg?1
It was cool seeing Amy dish out her archaeological knowledge with a reference to the Ancients from Rise of Lyric.

8aKFIJZ.jpg?1
Knuckles lamenting about not getting potato salad of all things! :P

WBPax04.png?1
Loving Orbot's flight attendant ensemble! And is that an egg with wings on it? :D

mlGZRDL.jpg?1
Covering only one ear...that isn't going to work Amy! And she has no right to "talk" considering how terrible her singing was!

2bLr2IG.jpg?3
Amy shouldn't of opened her big mouth...That actually looks fun now that no hazardous rocks are in the way!

DL7eoGP.jpg?1
Dr. Eggman's skills knows no bounds! That's very impressive! ;) His garden is gorgeous...evil potting soil and all :)

So yes, this was a good episode that definitely had me laughing even though it didn't go the way I thought it was going to go. I hope we can hear Sonic sing at some point in this show...Glad we got a good ending too, even if it wasn't ideal for Dr. Eggman amid his choices. At least he thought of some clever ideas to work around that choice with the fountain and the coin pond with the Rock Monster to his advantage :P Good stuff overall and I hope we continue to get more of that with the next new episode :)
  • Thumbs Up 9

mlGZRDL.jpg?1
Covering only one ear...that isn't going to work Amy! And she has no right to "talk" considering how terrible her singing was!

But her singing wasn't as bad a Sticks. At least Amy's singing only upset the rock monster. If Amy was really bad, then Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles would have been covering their ears. Honestly though, Amy's singing was at least better than her singing from episode 1, lol. 

I'm glad This episode finally broke a streak for me. We finally got 2 episodes in a row that were decent. Ever since Aim Low aired, the show seemed to have a pattern of dull episodes, followed by good/entertaining episodes. With the airings of Hedgehog Day, and Sleeping Giant, the streak was broken. Let's hope The Curse Of Buddy Buddy Temple can keep the good streak going. 

I have to say, out of all the episodes so far, one idea I'd love to see in Boom is a role reversal episode.

It could go like this. Sonic & Tails destroy one of Eggman's latest mechs and begin making jokes about how lame it is and how Eggman is off his game, leading to Eggman to get defensive and claim that it isn't easy being evil, leading to Sonic's ego to jump in and ask how hard can it be to tell a bunch of robots what to do. Eggman gets really angry and bets both Sonic & Tails that they couldn't be evil for an entire day. This leads them betting Eggman that he couldn't be good for an entire day. It'd would then lead to them explaining the situation to Amy, Knux and Sticks and leads to Eggman teaming up with the three while Sonic & Tails work with Orbot and Cubot.

I could imagine the kind of jokes with Sonic & Tails managing to screw up the small evil tasks. Plus they could reveal it was an Eggman plot in order to win the love of the townspeople and make Sonic & Tails look like villains.

• Thumbs Up 1

Plot

I love how the twist is terrible music is what puts him to sleep.

With regards to the Ancients, it’s nice they’re at least making a nod to the wider continuity. Shame we probably won’t ever get anything of substance about it, though.

I found the end kind of confusing. Sonic lured the giant to Eggman’s base… and then suddenly didn’t want it to destroy the place? What?

Also “evil potting soil.” It begins anew…

Knuckles

“How can you be flying?!” Knuckles confirmed for not being able to glide in Boom. Sad!

“I’m not sure what retrospect is, but it was bad advice here too.” Ha.

I just loved how oblivious he was to all the injuries… and it’s the headbutt that finally gets him. Sounds to me like he has a brain after all!

“That’s what happens when I drop bagpipes into a woodchipper. <__<” Snark… but he has most likely done it.

Tails

Poor Tails. “Here I come! :D” *swat* “…here I go. :c”

“I knew I shouldn’t have given myself a receipt! >__<”

Sonic

“Make lemonade!” Clever… only for Fastidious to derail his joke. :P

In my opinion, the best scene ever!

Sin%20tiacutetulo_zpslud9oqum.jpg

By the way...  Sonic... really?   "Dream with girls monster" 

Huh? What you dream, Sonic?! (Sonic perv)

• Thumbs Up 2

Sleeping Giant was pretty good! Amy kinda startled me when she started singing, and Sticks made me laugh when she sang. I liked the enviroments, and Sonic naming the monster Rocky was cute. What made me disappointed was that Sonic didn't sing when singing was involved, but I guess it's not easy to sing while voice acting right? Tails's dialogue was funny. Also, if you look closely, the Disaster-o-meter that Tails has looks like his Reverse-Polarizer.

Eggman's garden was pretty cool! Too bad Rocky had to sleep on it, and Evil Potting Soil....

Let's count the number of things we have marked 'Evil' in it:

• Evil Ham
  • Evil Milk
  • Evil PJ's
  • Evil Cookies
  • Evil Potting Soil
  • What next? Evil Pie?

Anyway, looking forward to The Curse of the Buddy Buddy Temple!

hahha i just enjoyed this episode so much! so funny..

Tails' uncle confirmed? .. i didn't understand very well that part.. my espanish  doubt answered  ^_^

Sticks singing was so cuuute! :D hahhaha  i loved it!  and actually. it reminded me the comic issue. "Sticks and Stones"  :D

Sonic calling eggman as "Eggy" awww!

and finally.. i found this episode well finished . i mean.. not rushed .. finally!  plus also well animated.. the expressions where very nice this time

Edited by Drawloverlala

^It was his neighbor's uncle.

Am I the only one who thought "what neighbor?" Tails's house and workshop is surrounded by open space, there's no neighboring house near by. Also, isn't it strange how Tails seems to know a little too much about his neighbor's uncle? How would Tails be able to witness the uncle having trouble sleeping, and the steps he takes to get to sleep. Most neighbors seem to just interact by talking in front, or in between their yards, in most cases. Yet Tails made it sound like he's seen it all, was he spying on his neighbor?

• Thumbs Up 3

Am I the only one who thought "what neighbor?" Tails's house and workshop is surrounded by open space, there's no neighboring house near bye. Also, isn't it strange how Tails seems to know a little too much about his neighbor's uncle? How would Tails be able to witness the uncle having trouble sleeping, and the steps he takes to get to sleep. Most neighbors seem to just interact by talking in front, or in between their yards, in most cases. Yet Tails made it sound like he's seen it all, was he spying on his neighbor?

maybe that neighbor's uncle is himself?  or Sonic.? and he doesn't want to tell ? :D  

I have to say, out of all the episodes so far, one idea I'd love to see in Boom is a role reversal episode.

It could go like this. Sonic & Tails destroy one of Eggman's latest mechs and begin making jokes about how lame it is and how Eggman is off his game, leading to Eggman to get defensive and claim that it isn't easy being evil, leading to Sonic's ego to jump in and ask how hard can it be to tell a bunch of robots what to do. Eggman gets really angry and bets both Sonic & Tails that they couldn't be evil for an entire day. This leads them betting Eggman that he couldn't be good for an entire day. It'd would then lead to them explaining the situation to Amy, Knux and Sticks and leads to Eggman teaming up with the three while Sonic & Tails work with Orbot and Cubot.

I could imagine the kind of jokes with Sonic & Tails managing to screw up the small evil tasks. Plus they could reveal it was an Eggman plot in order to win the love of the townspeople and make Sonic & Tails look like villains.

Yunno, I always wondered how an episode would work where Eggman actually got the last laugh. I mean, not as in kill Sonic or conquer the world and all that, but something like say, those odd times Bugs or Jerry lost a cartoon and the villain got a small time moment of one upsmanship (usually because the hero acted like too much of an ass about it to deserve the win). I know this would likely break the 'Sonic can't lose' mandate but let's face it, we all like it when the pitiful bad guys get a small victory.

Yunno, I always wondered how an episode would work where Eggman actually got the last laugh. I mean, not as in kill Sonic or conquer the world and all that, but something like say, those odd times Bugs or Jerry lost a cartoon and the villain got a small time moment of one upsmanship (usually because the hero acted like too much of an ass about it to deserve the win). I know this would likely break the 'Sonic can't lose' mandate but let's face it, we all like it when the pitiful bad guys get a small victory.

I don't think that would work well at all. In Tom and Jerry, they tried making the rivalry between Tom and Jerry to always be back and forth, without making one of them the true bad guy. Tom wasn't labeled as the bad guy, and neither was Jerry. The whole point of the series was to make audiences get a laugh out of both characters, no matter who's side you're rooting for. In Sonic Boom, it would be pretty sick minded to make an ending where Eggman is the winner, since he's the one that starts every conflict. In Tom and Jerry, Tom isn't the one who always starts the battle between cat and mouse. There are times where Jerry just wants to make Tom miserable, so he starts picking on Tom. In Sonic Boom, Sonic doesn't just say, "Hey, let's kick Eggman's butt for the heck of it." Sonic and the gang stay out of Eggman's business, unless Eggman attacks, or disrupts their activities. 

I admit while it's an interesting concept it's not the most compatible one. I could see it maybe working in a more mundane competition (which Boom admittedly does a fair few times) but not a standard face off.

Granted Sonic X Eggman did actually do a few end-of-episode-victories, running off with a Chaos Emerald (of course continuity negated all of them but still).

Watching the episode, it was okay, but a few too many bad jokes and they kept halting the plot for them too. Nice to have another non-Eggman antagonist.

Can anyone make out remotely what Sticks' lyrics are?

Anyone think those honeycomb bots looked A LOT like the S2 Special Stage bombs?