Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

So fromwhat I understood from the last few pages of discussion, Team Ninja is just kind of doing grunt work while the other devolper (whatever they were called) is doing everything else?

Team Omega, they are the actual developers of the omega series

I think I speak for everyone when I say

Sigh.

Costumes, not characters, not unusual for warriors games, and not an issue, its simply a cosmetic change, and doesn't effect the game

Costumes, not characters, not unusual for warriors games, and not an issue, its simply a cosmetic change, and doesn't effect the game

Dlc costumes that can only be unlocked by pre-ordering a special edition or can't be unlocked regularly in game at all is a slippery slope to corrupt dlc practises I hoped Nintendo would never go anywhere near.

• Thumbs Up 6

Team Omega, they are the actual developers of the omega series

Shit like this used to be free, and not held ransom behind a pre-order.

Hyrule Warriors isn't a game I trust to buy Day One. Waiting on GAF and SSMB impressions before anything else. Missing out on content as a result of my lack of complete and total unquestioned trust of Nintendo's Team Ninja adventures is annoying.

• Thumbs Up 3

Dlc costumes that can only be unlocked by pre-ordering a special edition or can't be unlocked regularly in game at all is a slippery slope to corrupt dlc practises I hoped Nintendo would never go anywhere near.

To be fair, most DLC costumes make it onto the marketplace/digital shop shortly after. Like with One Piece: Pirate Warriors (A game in the same vein as Warriors) got stuff like "Nami's Kimono" as pre-order DLC, but you can buy them on the shop single or as a bundle with the rest of the costumes.

The only game with costumes that were pre-order based that never made it onto the marketplace for me was Rayman Legends and Barbara's Assassin's Creed GAME outfit for the Wii U version, but this is Warriors we're talking about, we all know Japan love to dress up their avatars in as many clothes as possible (cue Lightning Returns) So i'm confident we'll be getting them as DLC later on, providing Nintendo aren't anal about it and won't host outfits that might be revealing in nature on their Nintendo online store.

Shit like this used to be free, and not held ransom behind a pre-order.

Hyrule Warriors isn't a game I trust to buy Day One. Waiting on GAF and SSMB impressions before anything else. Missing out on content as a result of my lack of complete and total unquestioned trust of Nintendo's Team Ninja adventures is annoying.

This too really, but you know we live in a shitty greedy world these days. *shrug*

small additional update!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=228702

sounds like the weapons system is a little more in depth than the usual warriors game, and I cant imagine them having a huge amount of character without bringing in some fan favs, once again I think midna in normal form and teamed up with wolf link is possible

Dynasty warriors 8 actually had a pretty in depth system called affinity, where certain affinities are stronger or weaker against others. This means you'll always be changing weapons when fighting multiple enemy officers

To be fair, most DLC costumes make it onto the marketplace/digital shop shortly after. Like with One Piece: Pirate Warriors (A game in the same vein as Warriors) got stuff like "Nami's Kimono" as pre-order DLC, but you can buy them on the shop single or as a bundle with the rest of the costumes.

This is true but doesn't really make me ok with it.

Like Discoid said, these things are fully built into the game, implemented, they completely work, they're completely finished, they're just locked behind a wall that requires you to pay extra to access.

It's the idea of buying a game that has content on the physical disc that you literally can't use because the developers haven't deemed your ~offering~ worthy of using it that I'm not ok with, and I could have sworn I remember a time where Nintendo said they would never do on-disc dlc, their dlc would only ever be made after the fact.

I can see now that they're going back on their word, and I don't think I can be blamed for worrying about what this means for future games, from a company who traditionally offered games that are rich in ingame content, whether unlockable or out of the box.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is true but doesn't really make me ok with it.

Like Discoid said, these things are fully built into the game, implemented, they completely work, they're completely finished, they're just locked behind a wall that requires you to pay extra to access.

It's the idea of buying a game that has content on the physical disc that you literally can't use because the developers haven't deemed your ~offering~ worthy of using it that I'm not ok with, and I could have sworn I remember a time where Nintendo said they would never do on-disc dlc, their dlc would only ever be made after the fact.

I can see now that they're going back on their word, and I don't think I can be blamed for worrying about what this means for future games, from a company who traditionally offered games that are rich in ingame content, whether unlockable or out of the box.

First off, we don't know that its on disk, second off, its most likely Tecmo-Koei, not Nintendo doing it, they are simply combining it with Nintendo's tradition of doing limited additions for games they want to sell big, and also this isn't too unusual in Japan, and we have NO idea if this is happening with the NA/EU release. You guys are over analyzing, what is regional marketing in a magazine intended for fans solely in that region. WE just need to wait and see the info for us before we can judge anything 

It's not like it's "new" that this shit happens, it's been happening since DLC has ever been a thing with these sorts of games, so I'm honestly not surprised by this revelation, I mean costumes don't add or take away from the game, it's just a personal preference on what you want your avatar to wear, it's kind of the same deal why Microsoft do all this optional shit with the Xbox Avatars.

Warriors games always have in-game unlockables like outfits anyway, the ones they release as DLC are normally themed to a certain skin pack or level/challenge pack that they release along side it and offer you the chance to download it all as a bundle, or separately if you only want challenge packs or outfits, just like the WORLD Z One Piece stuff in Pirate Warriors. 

• Thumbs Up 1

First off, we don't know that its on disk, second off, its most likely Tecmo-Koei, not Nintendo doing it, they are simply combining it with Nintendo's tradition of doing limited additions for games they want to sell big, and also this isn't too unusual in Japan, and we have NO idea if this is happening with the NA/EU release. You guys are over analyzing, what is regional marketing in a magazine intended for fans solely in that region. WE just need to wait and see the info for us before we can judge anything 

The game isn't out for months and the content will be ready to ship with the special edition of the game, of course it's on disc. And it being Tecmo or Japanese doesn't really make it a practice I'm supposed to be ok with? I'm just expressing annoyance over Nintendo allowing that kind of thing when I liked to think they were better than that.

It's not like it's "new" that this shit happens, it's been happening since DLC has ever been a thing with these sorts of games, so I'm honestly not surprised by this revelation, I mean costumes don't add or take away from the game, it's just a personal preference on what you want your avatar to wear, it's kind of the same deal why Microsoft do all this optional shit with the Xbox Avatars.

Warriors games always have in-game unlockables like outfits anyway, the ones they release as DLC are normally themed to a certain skin pack or level/challenge pack that they release along side it and offer you the chance to download it all as a bundle, or separately if you only want challenge packs or outfits, just like the WORLD Z One Piece stuff in Pirate Warriors. 

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed and my worry of how it impacts Nintendo's future in dlc is completely valid considering they had been doing so well avoiding that corruption up until now.

There's nothing for certain stating that Nintendo would be ok to host the DLC on their Nintendo store though, this might be an outside source for pre-order data only, so then it would definitely suck if that's the route Nintendo agreed on, meaning people would lose out on optional DLC unless they went and bought the more expensive option, although at the same time Nintendo won't be tainted with such options to sponge money out of us for cosmetic differences that don't change the game. The only way I'd be ok with this, is if Nintendo hosted all the outfits for free on their store, like the SLW Zelda and Yoshi DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pics from Famitsu:

5uZF3Un.jpg4hnG6l3.jpgc3R5Ql0.jpgQgV9S07.jpger7AqIo.jpg

There might be a few more here. because I'm not sure if they all loaded for me: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112850869&postcount=449

The man and woman, I believe are Shia's minions. Graphics are pretty nice. In the first picture, Link doesn't seem to be wearing his tunic. I wonder if that's one of the costumes or just for story reasons. I'm guessing the latter.

• Thumbs Up 3

As long as this stuff just changes the look of the character, I never really cared about buying these things.

Those are some cool pics. I REALLY am hoping to see a bunch of characters from throughout the series and not just a series of new characters instead. I'm perfectly fine with new characters, but it'd be severely disappointing not to reference the whole series in this kind of game.

The male antagonist's armor reminds me of Dart from Legend of Dragoon. He's even a fire-based character, as well. Alternate costumes are cool, too, I'd love to see things like Link having outfits based on his appearance in other games.

EDIT: I said they were some cool pics, but please note that I purposely ignored talking about the female in question. It definitely is annoying, I'm just hoping they don't do this to other females as well. Except for ones that were clearly designed that way in the first place, and there are a few (Midna and Veran mainly), although its doubtful Veran would appear (Midna I could definitely see).

• Thumbs Up 1

Ai ya. I hope that cleavage reveal isn't for all the female characters. And even more, I hope the camera doesn't focus on fanservice shots everytime a female is on screen.

If there are jiggle physics though, it wouldn't be the first time for a Zelda game to have them...

Ai ya. I hope that cleavage reveal isn't for all the female characters. And even more, I hope the camera doesn't focus on fanservice shots everytime a female is on screen.

If there are jiggle physics though, it wouldn't be the first time for a Zelda game to have them...

That's the main thing people's complaints are annoying me. Yeah, fanservice ISN'T common in Zelda games, but it has happened before. Is it annoying? Yes, but Zelda games are generally quite tame with it.

The reason everyone's complaining, though, is the fact that people are worried its going to turn out similar to Other M. If this kind of thing barely appears in the game at all, though, then its just like any other Zelda game. Except slightly less tame (but only slightly; Midna just screams fanservice, for example).

I don't think Midna will be in. I don't think we'll see characters like that. I'm thinking it'll be more like, we won't see Darunia or Darmani, but we'll have a Goron chief.

As for the cleavage, it's hard to see in the scan, but I think Impa and Shia don't seem to be showing all that much cleavage.

That's the main thing people's complaints are annoying me. Yeah, fanservice ISN'T common in Zelda games, but it has happened before. Is it annoying? Yes, but Zelda games are generally quite tame with it.

The reason everyone's complaining, though, is the fact that people are worried its going to turn out similar to Other M. If this kind of thing barely appears in the game at all, though, then its just like any other Zelda game. Except slightly less tame (but only slightly; Midna just screams fanservice, for example).

That's the thing though. A lot in Twilight Princess was fanservice, but the camera never focused on the money shots so it was fine for female characters. (And their outfits weren't ridiculously silly.) There were never any butt shots or panning slowly on breasts or crap like that. 

And note when I say jiggle physics, it actually is the most subtle use of jiggle physics I've ever seen in a Zelda game. When you fight Twinrova, her boobs go nuts, but your too busy fighting to really notice, and the camera doesn't pan in closer to let you see. 

Most fanservice in Zelda is there, but it's not exploitative. 

That's the thing though. A lot in Twilight Princess was fanservice, but the camera never focused on the money shots so it was fine for female characters. (And their outfits weren't ridiculously silly.) There were never any butt shots or panning slowly on breasts or crap like that. 

And note when I say jiggle physics, it actually is the most subtle use of jiggle physics I've ever seen in a Zelda game. When you fight Twinrova, her boobs go nuts, but your too busy fighting to really notice, and the camera doesn't pan in closer to let you see. 

Most fanservice in Zelda is there, but it's not exploitative. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about Twinrova.

I don't think Midna will be in. I don't think we'll see characters like that. I'm thinking it'll be more like, we won't see Darunia or Darmani, but we'll have a Goron chief.

As for the cleavage, it's hard to see in the scan, but I think Impa and Shia don't seem to be showing all that much cleavage.

Which as I've stated before, that'd be a horrible design choice. If they really want this game to go well, it'd be better to bring in characters from existing games rather than just create a bunch of random characters no one cares about. And they did say there'd be some "surprising" characters, which honestly, what would be "surprising" by throwing in a bunch of random new characters no one cares about? What would really be surprising is throwing in characters no one would expect that could be playable.

This is the perfect opportunity to bring in characters from other games. It'd be a huge wasted opportunity not to do so.

That said I never said anything about Midna getting in the game. I was using Midna as an example of fanservice.

I wouldn't exactly call Twinrova "fanservice"

edit: oh wait you mean when they combine. That makes a lot more sense

I wouldn't exactly call Twinrova "fanservice"

edit: oh wait you mean when they combine. That makes a lot more sense

Separately Twinrova are Koume and Kotake. I tend to think that the term Twinrova itself refers more specifically to their combined form.

This has got to be the most non-Nintendo / 'current anime' looking Zelda game ever. I don't know whether to be intrigued or completely put off by that vibe.

Will be waiting for more footage.

• Thumbs Up 2

Regarding the girl, I think I'll be okay with it if they're pulling the "evil is sexy" trope card, and the heroic females designs contrast against this nicely.  If every single female is fanservicey though that will be a bit weird for a Zelda game.  Regarding jiggle physics, the funny thing is I think when you go THAT boobilicious you need at least a subtle, realistic amount of jiggle or they look just as silly as going too far with the jiggle.

Link looks cool as heck though, I like this design.  Also super interesting to see him in some streets that aren't just regular ole peasant clothes.  That male bad guy... a little generic but if they're an underling then it's a fine design.

This has got to be the most non-Nintendo / 'current anime' looking Zelda game ever. I don't know whether to be intrigued or completely put off by that vibe.

Will be waiting for more footage.

I agree. Not really into this, to be honest.

Regarding the girl, I think I'll be okay with it if they're pulling the "evil is sexy" trope card, and the heroic females designs contrast against this nicely.  If every single female is fanservicey though that will be a bit weird for a Zelda game.  Regarding jiggle physics, the funny thing is I think when you go THAT boobilicious you need at least a subtle, realistic amount of jiggle or they look just as silly as going too far with the jiggle.

Link looks cool as heck though, I like this design.  Also super interesting to see him in some streets that aren't just regular ole peasant clothes.  That male bad guy... a little generic but if they're an underling then it's a fine design.

I have a great way to solve it! Don't make the breasts ridiculous looking to begin with. Problem solved! What a novel concept.

I don't see what's wrong with the art style, though. It looks like a fairly realistic looking Zelda game, nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a great way to solve it! Don't make the breasts ridiculous looking to begin with. Problem solved! What a novel concept.

Breasts are a thing that exist, they aren't inherently offensive.  Zelda games have had characters with exposed breasts in before.  I don't think the design looks ridiculous when we've had things like the Great Fairies of OoT and TP before.