Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

With Pachacamac  being the echidna who led the raid to capture sonic and firing the shot that 'killed' Longclaw, I wonder if he will be the big bad in this version, allying with robotnik, and trying to obtain the power of the Chaos emeralds for conquest, only to unleash Perfect Chaos on the world in one of the sequels.

20 minutes ago, Mobius_Historian said:

With Pachacamac  being the echidna who led the raid to capture sonic and firing the shot that 'killed' Longclaw, I wonder if he will be the big bad in this version, allying with robotnik, and trying to obtain the power of the Chaos emeralds for conquest, only to unleash Perfect Chaos on the world in one of the sequels.

It would be a fun turn if instead of Knuckles being tricked, it's Pachamac.

12 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

It would be a fun turn if instead of Knuckles being tricked, it's Pachamac.

That would be great. And Imagine Knuckles and Tikal turning against their chief and Robotnik, and joining Sonic to save both worlds! :)

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Paramount when they approved the first design be like.

• Chuckle 1

7 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm not sure if Super Sonic should be introduced into the sequel just yet.  I think he should be reserved for the final movie of the trilogy, if there's going to be a trilogy and maybe he might fight Metal Sonic in the third movie as Super Sonic.

Imagine that they hint at Super Sonic in the second film, and in the film against Chaos we see the introduction of Super Sonic followed by a cover of "Open Your Heart" now that is an introduction there.

Most likely the Chaos Emeralds will feature in the second film, just how they will feature is a mystery.

16 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

My theory so that they could make pachamac knuckles’ s dad

what do you think

Knuckles is Tikal's sister?

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Knuckles is Tikal's sister?

The way I see it, she could be his sister, close childhood friend, or even something more. But no matter their relationship, they would have a strong bond and shared views of their clan's violent ways. But Knuckles would be more openly rebellious, maybe physically fighting against his clan members to protect innocents or something, causing him to get exiled. Tikal would also protest, but without using any violence at all, even nonlethally. Plus she couldn't go along with Knuckles since she's next in line to be chief and would be prohibited from leaving without being exiled herself. Maybe like Cream, she would eventually come to a breaking point and start fighting back later on, maybe when Knuckles, Sonic or Tails (Sonic and Tails would also become her friends later) getting hurt when they all try to stop the clan's scheme to take the Chaos Emeralds.

Also, I have a huge bunch of ideas for how the Chaos "Saga" could go, detailed below.

Spoiler

First off, instead of having Super Sonic and Perfect Chaos right off the bat, I have a climax in mind involving stopping the clan from raiding at all. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Tikal could not only fight the rest of the clan directly, but their actions could also inspire some of the other clan members who are too afraid to challenge their chief, and the whole thing could erupt into a full on war between the heroes and rebellious echidnas tired of the violence, and Pachacamaca and his loyal band of raiders.

As for Robotnik's involvement in the whole heroes vs clan thing, you could have him discover the emeralds himself, but consider it too risky to try to steal them while the other parties are active. He starts out by tricking Knuckles into thinking Sonic and Tails are in cahoots with the clan, being sent to take him out, leading to Knuckles becoming their enemy, unbeknownst to Robotnik's real plan to use him to keep Sonic and Tails busy.

He also discovers Pachacamac discussing his plans to raid the shrine with a few advisors in private, and warns Tikal about it, who not only lets the clan know of this earlier than Pachacamac wanted, but starts protesting more actively and reasoning with the clan, making them a little uneasy about their chief's plans and furthering Robotnik's own goals of weakening the clan.

Then he waits until the clan is about to raid the shrine before the heroes interrupt them. He secretly watches the  chaos unfold from afar as some reluctant members of the clan also turn on the more loyal ones to join the heroes, resulting in a massive fight. He remarks that things are going exactly as he planned, and proceeds to fly off in his Eggmobile saying "on to the next phase" or something like that.

After the battle, Pachacamac could be exiled after the clan expresses distaste in his rule and overthrows him, with Tikal taking over as new chief (with Knuckles by her side depending on their relationship) and reforming the clan into becoming more peaceful. Knuckles and Tikal would thank Sonic and Tails who would leave off for more adventures. Then, the clan would embark on their new mission, to become guardians of the same shrine they planned to raid. But when they get there, they discover that while the shrine and Master Emerald are unharmed, the seven Chaos Emeralds are all missing. Cut to credits.

Then, in a post credits scene, you could have the dishonored chief wandering across an empty land before being approached by Robotnik. The doctor introduces himself and promises to help the former chief regain his prestige and power and get revenge on his rebellious clan if he simply works together with him. Pachacamac expresses distrust and declines, preparing to leave. But then Robotnik reveals the Chaos Emeralds to them, gaining their undivided attention. He says something along the lines of  "perhaps these will change your mind" and offers a hand to Pachacamac with an evil grin. Pachacamac shakes it, saying they have a deal. Cut to black.

Now, for the very second movie, it might seem a little too much. Which is why, I'm considering this whole adventure to actually be Sonic 3, with Sonic 2 being a lot lighter in scope and centering around Sonic and Tails's bonding and maybe stopping a different villain or even Robotnik himself after he returns from Mushroom World.

Then, instead of just a trilogy, we could have a 4th movie actually called Sonic & Knuckles to wrap things up. That movie could subvert the Knuckles and Master Emerald thing by having Tikal and the rest of the reformed clan staying to guard the Master Emerald while Knuckles leaves and eventually joins Sonic and Tails to stop Robotnik and Pachacamac's plans. But their "plans" end up being nothing more than a distraction as they attack the reformed clan and awaken Chaos with the Chaos Emeralds to contol him. Chaos goes out of control, absorbs the emeralds to become Perfect Chaos and starts rampaging, killing Pachacamac and sending the doctor packing.

The heroes show up to witness the trouble and the final battle starts. Sonic would obviously use the Emeralds to go Super, but since the movie's Sonic & Knuckles, why not have Knuckles go super too? Instead of the people of Station Square cheering, you could have Tails, Tikal and the whole Knuckles Clan cheering for them as they use the positive energy to go super. Then they would knock some sense into Chaos in an epic clash. Then, the heroes would go back to normal and Chaos would calm down too, reverting back to his Chaos 0 form. Tikal could reason with the god, promising that the clan would become its loyal subjects and would never let anything like this happen again. Chaos would accept this and go back into the Master Emerald willingly while also restoring the absorbed energy of the Chaos Emeralds, placing them back in the shrine where they belong. Thus, we could get a happy ending as Sonic and Tails once again set off for adventure as Knuckles, Tikal and the others give a goodbye to close off the whole quadrilogy.

Or you could still go the bittersweet route, in which Chaos kills the whole clan except Tikal and Knuckles. Then, during the final battle, Sonic and Knuckles get locked in a stalemate with Chaos as their transformations start weakening, only for Tikal to step in just before they run out to seal herself and Chaos into the Master Emerald. The heroes are devastated by this loss, but Tikal shows up in spirit form, along with a calmed Chaos 0 spirit , and reassures them. The heroes are saddened, but they come to accept it, with Knuckles vowing to guard the Master Emerald containing sister/friend/significant other for the rest of his life. Thus the adventure ends with Knuckles assuming his canonical role as the sole guardian of the Master Emerald, with an additional tragic background for Knuckles' dedication to it.

This quadrilogy would tie nicely into the chronological progression of the Genesis quadrilogy, even keeping the continuous connection between Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, to the point where you could even release a special edition digital/physical release with both movies bundled together as Sonic 3 & Knuckles!

tl;dr : My version of Sonic 2 is just about Sonic and Tails bonding and maybe stopping Robotnik or some other villain. My version of Sonic 3 involves Sonic and Tails joined by Knuckles (after some misunderstanding) and Tikal in stopping the Knuckles Clan's raid, unbeknowns to Robotnik's plans to steal the emeralds while they're busy. My version of Sonic & Knuckles (4th movie) involves Robotnik tricking Sonic, Tails and Knuckles into leaving the clan to stop their supposed plans, only for his real plan to be unleashing Chaos, which leads to a Perfect Chaos fight which concludes with a completely original happy ending of the clan surviving or a more canon-inclined bittersweet ending where only Knuckles is left.

...sorry for another overly wordy post. I just have so many messy ideas and want to share them. We're probably not getting anything on such a grand scale just yet. Plus I couldn't really think of anything involving the human world either so it wouldn't really work since the human world would undoubtably be a huge part in sequels too. It was fun to solidify and post these weird ideas though. I'm sure the official movies will be just fine as long as they put some heart into it like they did for the redesign and the actual movie.

• Promotion 1

11 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Imagine that they hint at Super Sonic in the second film, and in the film against Chaos we see the introduction of Super Sonic followed by a cover of "Open Your Heart" now that is an introduction there.

Most likely the Chaos Emeralds will feature in the second film, just how they will feature is a mystery.

I do wonder how they will introduce Chaos into the films.  That would be layers upon layers of history they have to deal with regarding the chaos emeralds and the characters themselves.

Ben Schwartz on the redesign and the backlash benefits.:

"The way that I saw it first I think was on the trailer. I had to do ADR for the actual trailer because up until then it was all very temp. But I believe the trailer had to be done very quickly or something like that. So the first time I saw it was then. And then when it came out and the reaction it got when it came out. First of all we didn't know if anyone would care. We care because we like video games and movies it seems."

"But the biggest thing we learned from that was that when it came out so many people were so vocal and it became a huge thing. It got passed around so much. It may have not been the most positive reason why it was getting passed around, but it got passed around so much and so people had such heartfelt passionate ideas for it. That the biggest thing we learned was 'Oh, people care a lot. Let's look at this and figure it out.'"

"The big thing they were trying to do was how do you bring Sonic into the real world? Because he's a computer character, you can't just bring him in. How will he look in a real life situation? So I think that's what they were tackling. But I will say the new version... when I was doing my voice the whole time I was doing it the way the new version looks. In my head, that's the way it looked. So when I saw the first one I was like ok, but when I saw the second one I was like 'This is in my head what the little guy looks like.'"

Source

Also, according to James Marsden, he confirmed that Sonic is 12 in the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Source

Wow, so that means Baby Sonic was actually a baby at TWO years old! Also explains why he doesn't angst about Longclaw too much, having very little memory of her.

Also if Sonic's 12, then how old is Tails? He looked and sounded exactly like his Modern counterpart as opposed to Sonic who's at least 8, and most likely 9 after Generations, which means that Sonic and Tails don't really have that much of an age gap in this movie. So their dynamics might end up being completely different from the games, with Sonic not being Tails's big brother figure he looks up to and Tails not being the sidekick to his hero. (Tails already seemed like an established and independent hero himself when he showed up) This could lead to some very interesting interactions!

On a side note, my headcanon age for Classic Sonic is also 12-13, so if we consider Movie Sonic as Classic Sonic kinda matches up with his smaller height. (He doesn't look 3'3'' standing next to the 5'10" Tom)

35 minutes ago, Sonario said:

Wow, so that means Baby Sonic was actually a baby at TWO years old! Also explains why he doesn't angst about Longclaw too much, having very little memory of her.

Also if Sonic's 12, then how old is Tails? He looked and sounded exactly like his Modern counterpart as opposed to Sonic who's at least 8, and most likely 9 after Generations, which means that Sonic and Tails don't really have that much of an age gap in this movie. So their dynamics might end up being completely different from the games, with Sonic not being Tails's big brother figure he looks up to and Tails not being the sidekick to his hero. (Tails already seemed like an established and independent hero himself when he showed up) This could lead to some very interesting interactions!

On a side note, my headcanon age for Classic Sonic is also 12-13, so if we consider Movie Sonic as Classic Sonic kinda matches up with his smaller height. (He doesn't look 3'3'' standing next to the 5'10" Tom)

James probably got the name wrong as Jeff himself said that sonic was about 13 or 14 in the movie and I think the director’s word has mroe sway than an actor when it comes to canon

• Thumbs Up 1

Genesis Era Sonic was given an age in both that JP bible and Jam as at least in his mid teens. The OVA shows his intended personality was really just his Adventure One personality.

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ben Schwartz on the redesign and the backlash benefits.:

"The way that I saw it first I think was on the trailer. I had to do ADR for the actual trailer because up until then it was all very temp. But I believe the trailer had to be done very quickly or something like that. So the first time I saw it was then. And then when it came out and the reaction it got when it came out. First of all we didn't know if anyone would care. We care because we like video games and movies it seems."

"But the biggest thing we learned from that was that when it came out so many people were so vocal and it became a huge thing. It got passed around so much. It may have not been the most positive reason why it was getting passed around, but it got passed around so much and so people had such heartfelt passionate ideas for it. That the biggest thing we learned was 'Oh, people care a lot. Let's look at this and figure it out.'"

"The big thing they were trying to do was how do you bring Sonic into the real world? Because he's a computer character, you can't just bring him in. How will he look in a real life situation? So I think that's what they were tackling. But I will say the new version... when I was doing my voice the whole time I was doing it the way the new version looks. In my head, that's the way it looked. So when I saw the first one I was like ok, but when I saw the second one I was like 'This is in my head what the little guy looks like.'"

Source

I find the term Computer character charming, for some reason.

You might have to zoom in to see this, but one of Robotnik's playlists is "Heavy Metal Bombing Over Babylon" (it's to the left of the Crush 40 lists). Possible nod to Riders?

EVEq8kXWoAIluXT.jpeg.jpg

7 hours ago, Sonario said:

It’s possible that a few years may have passed between the ‘end’ of the movie story and the mid-credits trailer. I think they will keep the age difference the same, so Tails is about 8 when he arrives on Earth and Sonic has aged to about 15 in the meantime.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, when do you guys think we can expect the sequel to be released? I know they can't start production on the sequel now because of the pandemic. Maybe we can expect it to be released in 2022 or 2023?

33 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, when do you guys think we can expect the sequel to be released? I know they can't start production on the sequel now because of the pandemic. Maybe we can expect it to be released in 2022 or 2023?

They probably wouldn't have started production this year either way. Only after the film's release in February did sequel talks get moving in any real way. Right now they're developing the ideas and possibly writing a treatment or script. 2022 or 23 sounds right. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If the sequel does involve more special effects and has a lot of Sonic's world, it could take a bit longer than this first one did (when the actual production got started). Still, even with this pandemic, they can work on storyboarding and script writing, as well as just working out models. Even if they can't get the actors together, there's a lot they can do on the down low.

But if I wanted to be coy, I think it could come out in 2022 just in time for the Mario movie.

Edit: Whoops, top of the page. I guess I should add some extra here.

The real thing to think about is when will the sequel be officially announced? Paramount may be holding off for the physical release to announce a sequel just in order to drum up excitement for it, or maybe they are in talks with SEGA about cross promotion and SEGA is telling them when they can make an announcement.

So maybe we'll hear something this month with the Sonic news.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Probably 2022, providing that things don't get worse with the virus.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Moose the Cat said:

They probably wouldn't have started production this year either way. Only after the film's release in February did sequel talks get moving in any real way. Right now they're developing the ideas and possibly writing a treatment or script. 2022 or 23 sounds right. 

14 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

If the sequel does involve more special effects and has a lot of Sonic's world, it could take a bit longer than this first one did (when the actual production got started). Still, even with this pandemic, they can work on storyboarding and script writing, as well as just working out models. Even if they can't get the actors together, there's a lot they can do on the down low.

But if I wanted to be coy, I think it could come out in 2022 just in time for the Mario movie.

Edit: Whoops, top of the page. I guess I should add some extra here.

The real thing to think about is when will the sequel be officially announced? Paramount may be holding off for the physical release to announce a sequel just in order to drum up excitement for it, or maybe they are in talks with SEGA about cross promotion and SEGA is telling them when they can make an announcement.

So maybe we'll hear something this month with the Sonic news.

5 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Probably 2022, providing that things don't get worse with the virus.

Well, I guess we will see. Hopefully, we don't have to wait too long for the sequel to happen, like we waited for this movie to happen after all of these years. BTW, the movie is still yet to be out in Japan and China. I don't know if the movie will see the day of light on the big screen in these countries. Hopefully, it will see the day of light on the big screen in both of these countries soon. Also, I'm surprised that Japan had still yet to get the movie despite Sonic is originated from there. I know he is not popular there, but still, they created him. 

BTW, found the early version of Speed Me Up.: