Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I have no idea where this came from. I'm hearing it came with the Digital release of the film.

I'm aware that we're in the timeframe for April 1st jokes, but I'm just checking for confirmation on this.

52 minutes ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

I have no idea where this came from. I'm hearing it came with the Digital release of the film.

I'm aware that we're in the timeframe for April 1st jokes, but I'm just checking for confirmation on this.

Looks fan made. I doubt this is real.

1 hour ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

As someone with the digital copy: It's fake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

God that baby sonic is....uh

Also, where does the idea of longclaw even come from?

How do you think Sonic's movie personality was?

The sonic bible stated sonic was raised by an owl called Sophocles 

I think movie sonic’s personality worked 

• Thumbs Up 1

When is the Sonic movie coming out to Sky Store? It still comes up as preorder. I thought the digital release was yesterday? 

15 hours ago, AstroSeed-P said:

So, someone on Twitter pointed this out:

The majority of Forces Green Hill has sand all over it...

Also it'd just be unnecessary, Generations clearly taking up the most space...while they literally only used 2 walls from the 1st level of windy hill.

• Thumbs Up 2

So Longclaw is actually gonna be a playable character in Forces Speed Battle.

dd5e28610752546ccc408e5a5352e65d289de3e2

No this isn't an April Fools joke. She was teased in this description long back-

79540b7c23a353f91cc661ec8fbcbe78950b239d

Honestly not really sure how this is gonna work.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

So, what's going on?

If you're referring to the deleted scene, it seems to be a followup to the other and longer deleted scene of Crazy Karl trying to catch Sonic.

Combine this with the other scene and I can see why they removed them. They just drag out the human portion of the movie.

5 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

With what?

With the movie, with the box office, with the behind the scenes stuff, with the thread, with your day...

4 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

If you're referring to the deleted scene, it seems to be a followup to the other and longer deleted scene of Crazy Karl trying to catch Sonic.

Combine this with the other scene and I can see why they removed them. They just drag out the human portion of the movie.

Oh yeah, I did watch a bit of both.

Was the one with the obvious incomplete first model one as well? I could've sworn that was in the movie.

On 4/1/2020 at 2:44 PM, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

So Longclaw is actually gonna be a playable character in Forces Speed Battle.

dd5e28610752546ccc408e5a5352e65d289de3e2

No this isn't an April Fools joke. She was teased in this description long back-

79540b7c23a353f91cc661ec8fbcbe78950b239d

Honestly not really sure how this is gonna work.

My initial reaction was to go wut, but you know what, that's actually really cool. Not everyday you see something like this.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:57 PM, AstroSeed-P said:

So, someone on Twitter pointed this out:

Makes sense. Lends credence to the evidence they changed quite a bit about the movies opening.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

With the movie, with the box office, with the behind the scenes stuff, with the thread, with your day...

The movie's box office run is done and it proved to be a pretty big success, grossing over 300M Worldwide. Which is a success considering it's buget was $95M, and even guessing marketting, it was profitable enough to beat that.

Hey, for everyone who has the movie on digital, the film crew are gonna watch it tonight.

We got a lot of fun facts from the recent #sonicwatchparty on twitter: I suggest you guys check them all out.

I know this article has been around for weeks, but it was mentioned that Amy Rose might show up in the sequel. If that's the case, then how will they manage her character in the film when they are also introducing Tails and Knuckles?  Even though I wanted to see more Sonic characters in the first film, besides Sonic and Robotnik, I feel that having this many characters in the sequel could be a problem for the movie for the mainstream audience.  I guess it really depends on what the sequel will be about and what characters will survive the script writing process.

10 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I know this article has been around for weeks, but it was mentioned that Amy Rose might show up in the sequel. If that's the case, then how will they manage her character in the film when they are also introducing Tails and Knuckles?  Even though I wanted to see more Sonic characters in the first film, besides Sonic and Robotnik, I feel that having this many characters in the sequel could be a problem for the movie for the mainstream audience.  I guess it really depends on what the sequel will be about and what characters will survive the script writing process.

We got this covered has been noted to be a very unreliable source for any sort of rumor.

1 hour ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

We got this covered has been noted to be a very unreliable source for any sort of rumor.

Well, that pretty much debunked the whole "Amy Rose showing up in the sequel" theory. Although it's still possible she might show up, depending on what story they are going to tell.

I think it would be pretty dumb and bloated if they squeezed in too many game characters at once into the sequel. On the one hand, you can get them all there and then you'll balloon the plot by trying to make them relevant, and on the other hand they'll feel pointless if they don't do anything.

Hell, if rumors of Knuckles being in the next movie are to be believed, I already think that's pushing it.

6 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I think it would be pretty dumb and bloated if they squeezed in too many game characters at once into the sequel. On the one hand, you can get them all there and then you'll balloon the plot by trying to make them relevant, and on the other hand they'll feel pointless if they don't do anything.

Hell, if rumors of Knuckles being in the next movie are to be believed, I already think that's pushing it.

Jeff said that so the movie wasn’t overcrowded was the reason why they didn’t include more game characters, the chaos emeralds and super sonic into the film

i think he and the writers will repeat that notion for the sequel

2 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

Jeff said that so the movie wasn’t overcrowded was the reason why they didn’t include more game characters, the chaos emeralds and super sonic into the film

i think he and the writers will repeat that notion for the sequel

Yes. And I hope they can hold to that as best as possible. Sonic characters are in a unique position because many of them are important enough to take agency in a plot and be engaging as one man shows. That's how a lot of these characters just are, that's why using them sparingly is so important.

It's already going to be tough as is if we're going to squeeze in Tail's plot, Earth, and the return of Robotnik into the second movie without making everything seem utterly scattered. Here's hoping that it can be managed in some way.

Tails is a bit easier, as a good deal of his screentime will actually lend itself to establishing a solid bromance w Sonic - so most of the time set aside and devoted to him will kill 2 birds with one stone.

Everyone else? Thats when you gotta start rationing screentime. As much as I would like to see a flood of Sonic characters, too many with their own story to tell at once would swamp the narrative.

14 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

We got a lot of fun facts from the recent #sonicwatchparty on twitter: I suggest you guys check them all out.

Huh. Reminds me of that sergeant guy from the MegaMan cg cartoon.

That's an interesting detail to shout-out to. Was that the one who shot LongClaw?

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Well, that pretty much debunked the whole "Amy Rose showing up in the sequel" theory. Although it's still possible she might show up, depending on what story they are going to tell.

56 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

What could even do with her, to be honest.

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Huh. Reminds me of that sergeant guy from the MegaMan cg cartoon.

That's an interesting detail to shout-out to. Was that the one who shot LongClaw?

What could even do with her, to be honest.

Yeah, he's the one who got the shot in.

I dunno what they could do with her. A lot of why she even knew Sonic is because he was a hero who she admired. And I doubt they would make her openly fawn for Sonic like in the games, so they would try to give her a proper narrative and build up of her own. Amy is just someone who needs to be handled delicately. (Ugh, if we were unlucky enough, they would make her into some "strong" female character for Sonic to fawn over.)

24 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Tails is a bit easier, as a good deal of his screentime will actually lend itself to establishing a solid bromance w Sonic - so most of the time set aside and devoted to him will kill 2 birds with one stone.

Everyone else? Thats when you gotta start rationing screentime. As much as I would like to see a flood of Sonic characters, too many with their own story to tell at once would swamp the narrative.

Don't forget that this movie will be the establishment of Robotnik as an actual power. The first movie was basically just him getting a taste of that and beginning to express it. This movie will be when we get "Mad Scientist and World Conquerer" Eggman who will probably have many more mechs at his side.

42 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Yeah, he's the one who got the shot in.

Ohho ho...good to know.

42 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I dunno what they could do with her. A lot of why she even knew Sonic is because he was a hero who she admired. And I doubt they would make her openly fawn for Sonic like in the games, so they would try to give her a proper narrative and build up of her own. Amy is just someone who needs to be handled delicately. (Ugh, if we were unlucky enough, they would make her into some "strong" female character for Sonic to fawn over.)

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well.

Of all the big name Sonic characters, she's probably the one that they couldn't bring in without considerable changes.