Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

10 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Storyboard of Sonic and Longclaw. Looks like Mushroom Hill is going to be in this. 

https://twitter.com/SMPMusicAndArt/status/1222469665768689664

I think this is the place that you are talking about. The place that was in the ring portal seem to be this. At the end of the first trailer, Robotnik was in that place. I'm assume this is going to be a post credits scene.:

EPdCuIlX4AA-LM0?format=jpg&name=small

So many clips. I'm not watching anymore of them, but I've got to really hand it to paramount for going all out with these ads. The Super Bowl Premiere is probably the biggest deal of them all considering it's the movie ad that people will be able to act out soonest. 

So far, I think it's safe to say this movie won't fail from lack of marketing or from heavy competition. It basically has all the outside factors working for it that Detective Pikachu didn't have. So that means it's entirely up to it, which I say is the best case scenario for the future of a film franchise. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Sega, take notes

They did, why do you think they've been giving him so much work?

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

New trailer/TV spot uploaded by Paramount Canada. 

LOL at the end. Did Sonic make a Fast and Furious reference by saying "It's all about family, Tom!" at the end of the video? I wouldn't be surprised if that was a reference to the movies since the Fast and Furious producer work on the movie. BTW, we did hear Sonic mentioning Vin Diesel.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Did Sonic make a Fast and Furious reference by saying "It's all about family, Tom!" at the end of the video?

That or viewers choice of film or tv show where they make friends say they're family to show how close they are.

Well, it is a Fast and Furious reference indeed. It's a Paramount property, so it was expected. I wonder what else will Sonic reference. 

Oh wow! Nice! Yuji Naka actually commented on my tweet of the Sonic ads in NYC. I think he is saying that there is a lot of advertising in the US because the movie is coming out in 2 weeks. He want to see the movie in the US, because Japan is getting it in March. He seem to be happy and pretty excited for the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Well, it is a Fast and Furious reference indeed. It's a Paramount property, so it was expected. I wonder what else will Sonic reference. 

Technically F&F is a Universal Pictures film series, Not Paramount.

Well, in that video, Ben did mentioned that he did recorded a fully harmonised SEGA chant for the movie. However, sadly, it's never got made to the final cut. Here is the clip.:

Spoiler

More NYC ads and some footage of the German premiere.:

Spoiler

Also, the song, Bad News will be in the movie.:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, in that video, Ben did mentioned that he did recorded a fully harmonised SEGA chant for the movie. However, sadly, it's never got made to the final cut. Here is the clip.:

Hide contents

NOOOO!! WHY?! That would have been the PERFECT first impression for any and all fans watching the movie! If there's anything that would convince even the most disgruntled cynic among us to have some hope for the movie as it starts, it would be that. (Along with the awesome SEGA Games making the SEGA logo in the second trailer. That would have also blown some minds)

Super Bowl trailer:

10 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Also, the song, Bad News will be in the movie.:

Hide contents

It's kind of ironic when you remember the last place a version of this song was used...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's kind of ironic when you remember the last place a version of this song was used...

Exactly my thoughts! XD. Although I thought it was a different song, I guess not.

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm looking forward to watching the movie. Keeping my expectations in check. Looks like it's gonna be decent.

So looking forward to watching Jim Carrey. 1:00 made me laugh out loud:

• Thumbs Up 3

Not sure if it's the first time they showed his "Eggman" voice but it was pretty good for that one line so far.

Here is some footage of Ben reading some of the iconic lines.:

Some pictures of the Sonic Movie London Premiere.:

BTW, I just found some small new footage and a French poster.:

Spoiler

Oh, I also found some cups.:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Sonario said:

NOOOO!! WHY?! That would have been the PERFECT first impression for any and all fans watching the movie! If there's anything that would convince even the most disgruntled cynic among us to have some hope for the movie as it starts, it would be that. (Along with the awesome SEGA Games making the SEGA logo in the second trailer. That would have also blown some minds)

To be fair, the Sonic Says PSA will also do a pretty good job, assuming it precedes the movie outside of Canada.

12 hours ago, Sonario said:

This might be a stretch, but it's probably because this is supposed to be in cooperation with Sega Sammy as a whole instead of just Sega games, as seen in the trailers. They probably thought that it wouldn't be appropriate when speaking about the conglomerate as a whole.

It's seem that some people managed to get Movie Sonic early.: Here are some gameplay.:

Found more new footage.:

Also, the official Fandango account posted this for fun. LOL. BTW, this is unrelated, the new Fast and Furious movie trailer is coming out tomorrow.:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Scritch the Cat said:

They couldn’t even get a new actor to try to sound like Jim Carrey?!

Both Pollock and Carrey play the same character. And voice acting can be expensive and needlessly time consuming especially for just one or two lines.

Just leave it, it's fine.

6 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

Both Pollock and Carrey play the same character. And voice acting can be expensive and needlessly time consuming especially for just one or two lines.

Just leave it, it's fine.

Especially?  I get the expensive part, but you’re really going to have to explain how it’s more time-consuming to record just a few lines than to record many.