Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

So...I got my Yuri....it...just wasn't what I was expecting:

2w2DPc9.jpg

Ah the good 'ol "You killed my father, prepare to get screwed" Manuever.

Fascinating.

I hate avoiding spoilers and being behind everyone else, gotta wait for these damn subs

• Thumbs Up 7

So when can I un-spoiler my joke?

Its amazing how opinions can change :{P

Quite the "change of pace" it looks like.tongue.png

I hate avoiding spoilers and being behind everyone else, gotta wait for these damn subs

Or lern Spanish. 

Or lern Spanish. 

I dont think my incredibly basic high school level Spanish will get me far in understanding plot points

If I have one problem with the episode it's with the Episode 22 preview and the implications it places in hindsight.

Rei saves Nui, meaning everything remains consequence-free. So little has actually happened these last few episodes. In fact we're still where we were 4 episodes ago - all the antagonists and protagonists have gotten bigger guns but not done anything to shake up either faction's foundation. The bad guys pull out some dirtier tactics but the good guys still end up showing themselves to be more capable, leading to it edging back into a status quo of action scenes. It's like a never-ending cat and mouse game which ended up being problematic for this series' first half. The only difference between now and Satsuki's betrayal is that the school grounds are leveled and there are no more people around.

In the grand scheme of things, not even this whole sideplot of Ryuko getting mind-wiped and donning Junketsu is a big deal. It's just another distraction for the protagonists. No one dies, nothing is accomplished, only some action scenes are had. The only thing it ended up amounting to is Ryuko getting out of her funk - not cause of character development but because Mako has the forbidden power of Deus Ex Machinas.

Again though, good episode. But a lot of that is because it accomplishes the bare minimum of what is required of the direction this series has chosen to go with this late into the plot.

Gotta admit tho, after Gurren Lagann its pretty odd at how..."safe" this series has been playing it; yea shit's been happening, but it has no lasting consequences or effects beyond flashy fight scenes. Fortunately those fight scenes are really cool looking, and the characters are likable enough to where it doesn't detract.

But still, the more the series goes on, the more I feel its going to end without really accomplishing anything. The only thing that's really progressed are the fight scenes and setting I guess.

Also,

Nudist Beach is seen vacuuming the remains of Junketsu in the Ep 22 preview

So yeah. It's being rebuilt.

Excellent episode. Though I've come to accept no less entertainment from this show, since I excitedly anticipate every new week for it. Wowowow

I didn't get the same intensity from this fight as I did from the fight between Ryuko and Nui when she went MONSTER if I'm perfectly honest, I was mainly holding out to see Satsuki in Senketsu mostly hah...

We've officially had every single Kiryuin girl paired, except  Ryuko and Satsuki. Trigger are such fucking cockteases, I swear.

• Thumbs Up 3

So Ryuko just…stopped having that existential crisis before she was mind fucked then?

I don't think so? I think she's just sick of everyone making her the golden girl and everyone wanting a piece of her or wanting to help her, she just doesn't care any more from this point, she just wants Senketsu back and wants to get it over with and beat Ragyo and Nui.

Hell I don't even think she cares about Satsuki being her sister, at this point she just wants everyone to stop tugging her like a rag doll.

Oh wait before? Nah she was fed lies by Ragyo and Nui, like a hypnotised state.

I don't think so? I think she's just sick of everyone making her the golden girl and everyone wanting a piece of her or wanting to help her, she just doesn't care any more from this point, she just wants Senketsu back and wants to get it over with and beat Ragyo and Nui.

Hell I don't even think she cares about Satsuki being her sister, at this point she just wants everyone to stop tugging her like a rag doll.

Looks like Ryuko is as sick of being a tool as the viewers were.

So Ryuko just…stopped having that existential crisis before she was mind fucked then?

She realized how stupid she was being...which I have to agree with.

Frankly I still think Ryuko was perfectly justified acting how she did, I just hope they explain it more come next episode.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually hope they don't trail on with why she went all psycho, we've got 3 episodes left to shift the meat of the anime into it's climax.