Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Hm. 

I wonder what Eggman is going to look like.

Think about it:

ou0gtz.jpg

With the exception of Sonic Underground, every cartoon has had a different style for Eggman's design.

I wonder what he'll look like this time... and judging by how much they changed Knuckles... *shudder*

Sorry, but the Problem with this new Knuckles is that IT IS CREEPING ME OUT! It just, doesn't look like him, I mean... It is like Bowser looking like this:peach2_zps3a30a6b6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, I'm hoping this is just concept art. I'm not a fan of Sonic having more quills, it just looks really off. Knuckles looks like The Hulk, not a fan of his design at all. Hopefully they're not very far into development of the series so they can change it. Fuck, just use the game designs, what's wrong with them? As for the CGI being done by a French studio, that could either be good or bad. The Little Prince (based on a book by Antoine De-Saint Exupéry) had pretty good CGI, if it's anything like that then it'll be a hood thing. Bit for christ's sake change those character designs to that of the game's.

• Thumbs Up 1

So we're getting Sonic and the Ghostly Adventures, then.

-grabs jacket from coathanger-

Yeah, I'm out.  Good luck with all that.

• Thumbs Up 9

My god what have they done to Knuckles? It's hideous! Sonic is also bad - is that seriously a vest with that nasty bed head? Tails and Amy might be how they're supposed to be but I doubting it The new Ninja Turtle redesigns kinda worked (though their faces are ugly) because the characters actually needed more variation in their overly similar designs. The Sonic characters are like Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse characters: timeless designs that should not be radically altered

I'm rather optimistic about this. Though I can't really understand why they'd give Knuckles fingers. That's just...odd.

Again, I'm hoping this is just concept art. I'm not a fan of Sonic having more quills, it just looks really off. Knuckles looks like The Hulk, not a fan of his design at all. Hopefully they're not very far into development of the series so they can change it. Fuck, just use the game designs, what's wrong with them? As for the CGI being done by a French studio, that could either be good or bad. The Little Prince (based on a book by Antoine De-Saint Exupéry) had pretty good CGI, if it's anything like that then it'll be a hood thing. Bit for christ's sake change those character designs to that of the game's.

French studio making a CGI-cartoon based on a videogame series. That combination has gotten us classics such as

5105T263NRL.jpg

RUN. RUN LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

I'm kidding, of course. The only thing I really have to criticize so far is MANLY Knuckles, but it doesn't sound awful or anything. 

• Thumbs Up 7

It kinda looks like all the anthro cast might be getting clothing to match with Amy.

So if the anthros AREN'T naked... basic logic dictates

d4h5.png

• Thumbs Up 1

PaUQvI5.png

Ah now I know what it reminds me of.

yxw9ATi.png

Sonic is wearing Michael Jackson's Thriller Jacket!

Jokes aside... is it just me, or is his nose really high up his face? Just look at the position of his ear and that sticky out thing which I assume is his nose... does it seem... wrong to anyone?

• Thumbs Up 6

The CGI looks decent enough from the one shot. Just environments though.

@Hogfather: I'm pretty sure that's not his nose. 

Edited by edvedd

Jokes aside... is it just me, or is his nose really high up his face? Just look at the position of his ear and that sticky out thing which I assume is his nose... does it seem... wrong to anyone?

I think he's looking forwards and that's why his nose looks like that.

There's a weird thing on Knuckles' muzzle... Looks like some sort of mask, or something covering his nose... Wait... Mask... Covering his nose... Looking beefed up... Oh my God... Oh my God...

Bane_TDKR3.jpg

And when Green Hill is ashes... You have my permission to die.

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really mind the redesigns or the focus on comedy. I guess it's mostly because if I want to watch cartoons I want to laugh. If anything it'll atleast be better than that abomination known as Sonic Underground.

Edited by sjmaster92

Again., I'm pretty sure that bump is Sonic's eyebrows or something.

Also, does everyone seriously think that Knuckles' mitten gloves conform EXACTLY to the shape of his hands? If he doesn't actually have fingers under there, that'd be even more silly. 

So I take it that Knuckles silhouette is the leaked Mega Evolution of Pikachu In A Sombrero?

Edited by \Lennox

PaUQvI5.png

Ah now I know what it reminds me of.

yxw9ATi.png

Sonic is wearing Michael Jackson's Thriller Jacket!

It looks like a deformed eyebrow.

Anywho, ya'll kinda jumping the gun a little bit don't ya think? Its a freakin promotional image, and Sonic's entire demographic is 6-11, why are people acting like this is something new?

Also, does everyone seriously think that Knuckles' mitten gloves conform EXACTLY to the shape of his hands? If he doesn't actually have fingers under there, that'd be even more silly.

I figure he's got two fingers and a thumb. And even if he's got a (mostly) normal hand under there, the big boxing glove fists are a pretty important part of his design, I think.

THANK you, Azure. 

If "Knuckles has fingers" turns into an actual legitimate 'This is why it's bad' reason, I will get so ANGRY. 

Edited by edvedd