Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Well as it was proven tonight with the PPG special, you can bring together the original voice actors all you want but it doesn't mean squat if they bring their A-game and the writing, art, progression, and script are all D-quality.

Aaaaaaaaaand now I'm scared of Knuckles.

L8 bro by 74 pages. ;p

Most of the voice actors do well enough working separately, so it's assumed that if they can build off each other it could make a product that's better than what's usually put out. Especially if they allow ad-libbed lines to make the final cut, as usually happens at least a few times with projects like this.

I still am anxious to see the actual models, myself. I really hope we're at least treated to those well in advance of the show's release.

With regards to anything cartoon-related making it to Sonic Boom 2014, well, I will just say this: SEGA, shut up and take my rings.

I'm kind of an ignorant about how dubbing an animated series works so tell me if I got it right:

the voice acting record comes before or after the episodes are animated?

I'm kind of an ignorant about how dubbing an animated series works so tell me if I got it right:

the voice acting record comes before or after the episodes are animated?

Before, the animation is then synced to the voices.

Unless the voice acting is dubbing of course...

Doesn't mean that some animation isn't stilll being madeof course and there'll still be modelling etc. going on as the cast are being recorded but yeah, generally the voices come first.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well as it was proven tonight with the PPG special, you can bring together the original voice actors all you want but it doesn't mean squat if they bring their A-game and the writing, art, progression, and script are all D-quality.

L8 bro by 74 pages. ;p

Oh, sorry then >_<

The thing I'm most worried about this show is the re-designs the characters have gone through, specially Knuckles and Sonic. If they will get along with them, I hope these designs don't make it to the games.

I think there's a chance that elements of the Boom designs could be integrated into a future game if they become absolutely outlandishly popular.  That's not going to happen, though.  You can tell from the fact that this thread is literally over a thousand posts of people complaining about them.

We're the old fanbase, though. SEGA has established they could care less about their established fans, instead wanting to pick up new blood. This cartoon will do just that, as cartoons can reach far more kids than games can in all likelihood.

Their attitude is not entirely unjustified from a business perspective - social pressure sees to it that a lot of older fans won't be as interested or willing to show their interest in a series that is ultimately for younger audiences.

They may give us Crush 40 and the like at events as a homage to long-standing fans, but I think for the most part the long-term fanbase isn't what they're catering to.

I wouldn't be surprised if these designs did make it into the games, if SEGA has any plans on retaining its uniformity fixation. That is, unless the show is horribly panned - see how Eggman's 06 design never again saw the light of day.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're the old fanbase, though. SEGA has established they could care less about their established fans, instead wanting to pick up new blood. This cartoon will do just that, as cartoons can reach far more kids than games can in all likelihood.

Their attitude is not entirely unjustified from a business perspective - social pressure sees to it that a lot of older fans won't be as interested or willing to show their interest in a series that is ultimately for younger audiences.

They may give us Crush 40 and the like at events as a homage to long-standing fans, but I think for the most part the long-term fanbase isn't what they're catering to.

I wouldn't be surprised if these designs did make it into the games, if SEGA has any plans on retaining its uniformity fixation. That is, unless the show is horribly panned - see how Eggman's 06 design never again saw the light of day.

If that is the case, I really hope this series don't get much success. 

I fail to see why everyone is suddendly afraid that Sonic Boom universe will replace the games universe forever.

It's just a cartoon series, a different continuity, like AoStH, SatAM, Underground and X.

As for the new design... it's just an alternative design. Like Mario's appearance in Paper Mario: it didn't replace the official Mario, instead it just stays in his own continuity.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'll give it a shot when it comes out, but I have high doubts considering the other game-related shows on TV (Hint Hint, Pacman and Rabbids)

As for the new design... it's just an alternative design. Like Mario's appearance in Paper Mario: it didn't replace the official Mario, instead it just stays in his own continuity.

The main reason is that SEGA more or less has had an interest in uniform designs since the late 90s. While they asked Archie to change the designs and Fleetway did it out of courtesy, I wouldn't have been surprised if it forced it on both of them given time. Also note that while there was a huge divergence between the games and the earlier cartoons, Sonic X borrowed a lot of elements and copied the designs completely.

It's not an unreasonable fear that the cartoon could influence the games with this in mind. On the other hand, SEGA might be loosening its grip on things and will allow some more variation in design...

I guess we'll just have to wait to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say, im actually surprised how much I kindan enjoyed this.....Im very much looking forward to the show now

• Thumbs Up 3

Gotta say, im actually surprised how much I kindan enjoyed this.....Im very much looking forward to the show now

With the news that this won't be replacing modern Sonic, I gotta say I'm excited! :D

So this went from likely-crapper to possible-clapper. That bit with the robot's name made me giggle a bit and the design of the robots, if that one is anything to go by, look cool.

Also the fact that this isn't going to affect the main games makes me more likely to watch this.

...Eggman's pince-nez needs to be shinier and his moustache larger tho' :U

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, since we now have in the Sonic Boom subforum, I'm going to lock this one.  Please continue the discussion in the other topic. ^.^