Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

Amy looks like she's wearing nothing at all, and got some serious anorexia going on...

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand why they've messed with Sonic & Knuckles' Character Models. I thought SEGA were pushing for more branding and merchandise, so why are they allowing inconsistencies like this? It's the same with every Sonic Cartoon, there's always something off about it that sets it apart from the main series. I would have thought a grand unification of the Sonic Universe would mean consistency in the character models...

I dread to think what they've done to Eggman. I'm not against design changes of course, they've usually benefited the series, but I'd prefer to see unification and consistency throughout the series.

Would it be really difficult to make a TV series as just, like, an extension of the game series?

Whoever insinuated there was a 'grand unification' of the Sonic franchise?

And it would kinda, unless Sega makes the whole thing themselves they're going to have to compromise with who they're working with.

Edited by Amomynous

Amy looks like she's wearing nothing at all.

Tights maybe, something similar to the Riders outfit?

Hey I'd like some influence from that design.

Y'know, thinking about it, Knuckles being a little beefy suits him. He is a guardian, and I reckon he needs to be strong to use those hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am not a big fan Knuckles' new design. <- Now that that statement means something biggrin.png

I will have to wait and see how the show itself is though... I just hope it isn't too dumb, ya know?

EDIT: Knuckles Kinda looks like this guy:

210px-Luke.jpg

Edited by knucklesgirl

I think Tails is the only one who has been spared.....at least when it comes to his shilouette.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something else that's bothering me. This show is considered to be comedic and to be aimed at children of 6-11 years. WTF?! Isn't Sonic supposed to be for teenagers or at least for everyone? That only proves Sonic is for little children now.

Tails's tails are too small btw.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

WAIT.

That's why they haven't shown us Knuckles in Sonic Lost World yet... !!!!

THEY CHANGED HIS DESIGN AND ARE AFRAID OF BACKLASH.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Please No! That would just.. Ugh! *Knucklesgirl passes out*

That would just be so....wrong... :(

• Thumbs Up 2

Knuckles' design looks ridiculous from the get go, definitely leaning towards the American definition of a tough guy.

Sonic looks like he's wearing a jacket which just screams, cheesy 90s punk to me; along with his spines being rougher. XD

Also, since this is television CG, don't expect it to be as fluid looking as the games, but don't expect it to be better than the animation for Sonic X. But oooh, they're using French studios for the CGI, that's gonna look awkward for certain, but hey, French animated shows aren't that bad once you get used to the different style.

However, I am glad SEGA isn't sticking to Japanese studios this time around. They at least realize that Sonic's lack of popularity in Japan wasn't going to earn him any good budgets, and that his audience is in US and Europe. 

Also people, get over the idea that it's for 6-11. That's how mosy cartoons are marketed these days; aiming at 6-11 audiences. The primary audience for ratings are people of the ages 6-11, whom they hope will buy the games and toys. It doesn't necessarily mean that the show is going to dumb itself down for those ages. 

Anyways, I expect this to air on CN's Saturday morning slot. That's where the majority of their toyetic 6-11 shows air.

Damn, just why.

Sonic X was so close to an amazing concept and its execution was arguably passable. Why can't we have as good a concept and better execution? Why can't Sonic Team overlook this? whyyyyyyyy.

I'll stick to Sonic X being best.

Bwahahahahahahah! Passable! Bwahahahahaha!

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Okay okay okay shush now. Lemme say something.

Nothing wrong with different art styles. Just as people went nuts over the Teen Titans design in the cartoons as opposed to their comic designs, maybe this might be alright?

There's already tons of redesigns of Sonic characters, I even did some myself on deviantart, but you can't judge a book by it's cover and this is barely half a cover right now.

• Thumbs Up 8

Something else that's bothering me. This show is considered to be comedic and to be aimed at children of 6-11 years. WTF?! Isn't Sonic supposed to be for teenagers or at least for everyone? That only proves Sonic is for little children now.

Tails's tails are too small btw.

Sonics age demoraphic is children.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think Tails is the only one who has been spared.....at least when it comes to his shilouette.

Looks to me like he's got some big elbow-length work gloves.

"Sonic" being for everyone doesn't mean every single Sonic thing must be designed to appeal to everyone.
  • Thumbs Up 3

they're using French studios for the CGI

MV5BMjE5MDczMTkzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE1

Even this is more faithful to the game series that this. Even if their faces are a little off.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really have any interest in watching a Sonic cartoon, so I'm actually really interested to see what these new and more stylised designs end up looking like.  I'm not sure I understand the outrage that a non-Sega company is presenting their non-canonical material in their own visual style.  Or indeed that people thought they would do otherwise.

I am also much amused by the suggestion that Sonic has ever been anything but a franchise for children.

Oh come on, people. One image and a press release and you all blow a collective gasket. I don't know how good this'll be, but ease up a little. You've got a year to decide if this is for you. At least wait until you can actually see the designs. 

Edited by edvedd
  • Thumbs Up 7