Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

I think Tails is the only one who has been spared.....at least when it comes to his shilouette.

Revealing his true appearance..

Sonicboom_zps0666219d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

You don't ever tell the Sonic fanbase to calm down.

Except when this forum is supposed to be full of reasonable people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except when this forum is supposed to be full of reasonable people.

Voicing dislike about designs in a civil manner seems reasonable.

EDIT: And nowhere did I say I wasn't going to give this thing a chance. I may not like what I've seen so far, but it would be stupid of me to not give a chance until more info is revealed or until it airs.

Edited by DarkLight

Beefy Knuckles makes sense to me. Not too sure if Sonic is wearing clothes though. i hope that's not a do-rag under his ear. 

I actually had a thought. What if that shadow that we believe to be Knuckles is actually a new character? I hope it is anyway. Also this might be concept art judging from how the scenery doesn't quite look CG. I hope they just use the game designs, I really do. Also is this meant to be canon to the games or is it it's own take on previous games or what?

I don't even know what's going on anymore. If that's what Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy are going to look like, then I am so baffled beyond belief I can't even find the words to describe it.

They've been so strict with the character designs over the past few years, look at how they've re-shaped the Archie universe. What happened to having a consistent brand image? Even Iizuka is behind this...

I just...

What?

Here's what bugs me about Knuckles, from a certain quote on tumblr.

"They gave Knuckles a unique silhouette that immediately conveys his character-specific traits. I hate it.
Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 6

Wow, I guess Knuckles really is tougher than leather.

nacles_by_toajahli-d5h71a4.png

Yeah, I really don't know how to feel at the moment, need to see more before I make a final judgement.

• Thumbs Up 6

@Naysu: Not sure about the vest Sonic is packing, but Knuckles looks pretty good. 

Edited by edvedd

Voicing dislike about designs in a civil manner seems reasonable.

Except when they go into paint to further degrade the subject into lolz and hurrdurrs.

What's wrong with a buff Knuckles design, anyway?

b989452e6ce026998ba509451c97b3ef-d5bmm6w

Is this bad? No, this is art by Robaato at http://robaato.deviantart.com/

• Thumbs Up 1

Still, the redesigns seem to be really uncalled for to say the least.

But all you can see are their shadows?

That Knuckles.

what are they doing

I'll keep an eye on it, I guess. This seems really silly though. 

Edited by Solly

Oh guh know what was the first thing I thought of when I saw those silhouettes?

640px-Our_heroes_(and_villains)_as_they_

Gaaaaaaaaah. Well, I have to say the scenery looks quite high-quality, which I like. But I'm mostly interested in how they look.

Also uh what's wrong with Knuckles having fingers? I'd rather have him have fingers instead of having red hands. 

• Thumbs Up 3

10041321226_fdeabae8d6.jpg

The action packed comedy series aimed at children 6-11

Sonic Boom is a character-driven comedy

What the fuck am I looking at? What have they done to you Knuckles!? Why have they given you clothes Sonic!?

Is it going to have Colours-level comedy?

Why isn't it aimed at Sonic's audience as a whole?

abe-simpson-gif.gif

...Yeah, got no real expectations for this to be honest. It could defy my expectations and be something pretty special and cool but I'm not holding my breath.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except when they go into paint to further degrade the subject into lolz and hurrdurrs.

What's wrong with a buff Knuckles design, anyway?

b989452e6ce026998ba509451c97b3ef-d5bmm6w

Is this bad? No, this is art by Robaato at http://robaato.deviantart.com/

Again saying I dislike the designs doesn't automatically mean I refuse to give it a chance to prove me wrong. In fact I welcome the notion to be proven wrong.

@Naysu: Not sure about the vest Sonic is packing, but Knuckles looks pretty good. 

looking very closely theres definite lumps around his neck and above his waist to show some kind of clothing. could be wrong, but Im leaning towards that idea

Edited by Naysu

They always aim for kids with cartoons, anyway, so that demographic number really doesn't convey anything to my mind. I'm pretty sure 10 year-olds watch Gravity Falls.

One of the showrunners worked on The Simpsons and Drawn Together, so, eh, we'll see. 

Edited by edvedd
  • Thumbs Up 1