Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Working Title)

Soniman

I honestly am curious and nothing beyond that. It's a good thing they chose CN to air it on IMO. But, there are a few things a bit iffy to me. Like for example how Knuckles looks and how Sonic's spines are realistic. Not only that, but the realistic background makes me think it will look like that fan made Sonic movie. However, I will wait until I see it in action. We have until fall 2014 so they could change a few things until then.

??? Do you somehow not get Cartoon Network?

Knuckles looks like a gangster but why

I get Boomerang, which is kind of CN, but not the actual CN channel (no new cartoons for me).

I'm mostly ok with it, I have The Hub along with Boomerang so I get my cartoon fix.

Edited by Wonder Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually really excited to see what comes of this. It's cool to see another animated take on the Sonic universe and the chemistry between the main four (As well as Eggman) has a lot of potential for comedy, so it should be quite a bit of fun. Sure, Knuckles' design is a bit...interesting, but it's great to see him have a major role in something Sonic-related besides the comics for once and I for one look forward to a lot of fun Sonic/Knuckles interactions. Here's hoping that Shadow and the rest eventually show up, too. (I'd love to see what kind of humor they can squeeze from Ol' Mr. Ultimate Life. XD) 

Edited by CC14 the Franken Frog

From the way knuckles' sillhouette looks it made me think this would be something based on like a more prehistoric sonic, at least if I hadn't seen the name that is.

I'm getting the same vibes... weird.

and for some reason I can't seem to shake the idea that Sonic seems to be wearing a vest.

Anyway, tinkering with character designs is a big gamble (OMG what did they do to Knux) but I'll have to see it before I duck into the fallout shelter and lock the door behind me. I can get behind a spiker Sonic, but if they did that to Knux, who knows what they will do to some of the others.... yikes

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm.

Genao Productions is behind this. They're the ones behind Xiaolin Chronicles...

The Incredible Kn-hulk-les & Johnny Cash Sonic.

Whats not to like?

ac9.png

Edited by Indigo Rush

(Reposting in main thread)

Oh man. I'm really... REALLY not sure how this will turn out.

I'm very excited that we're finally getting a Sonic cartoon after so long. But on the other hand, I don't really want it either.

Bloody hell, the character designs. They look so exaggerated and... odd. Oh yeah, it's also CGI... great.

I dunno, I'm very mixed at this point. Gonna need some more details and maybe a preview of sorts so I can fully give my opinion on this.

It's going to be a bumpy ride from here on out, more so than usual.

Look at Sonic's silhouette.  He seems to have a collar, as if he's wearing a jacket.

Hooo boy.

Which remind me of something out of Sonic Underground or Evil Sonic form archie....

Man this show seems to be taking elements from all the best material...

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, just why.

Sonic X was so close to an amazing concept and its execution was arguably passable. Why can't we have as good a concept and better execution? Why can't Sonic Team overlook this? whyyyyyyyy.

I'll stick to Sonic X being best.

• Thumbs Up 1

10041321226_fdeabae8d6.jpg

Guys, maybe this is set in the future. Sonic and Amy could have gotten married and has the silhouette Sonic and Amy. Tails married another fox and had silhouette Tails. And Knuckles and Storm the Albatross had drunken intercourse and created silhouette Knuckles.  

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't characters in Sonic materials have to adhere to design sheets? Damn I really don't like the look of that Knuckles.

Still, I'll be keeping my eye on this, it'll at least be interesting to see what take Geano Productions has on the series.

Edited by Amomynous

3dc04cca8a7e3ff632ad0226051d96e4.png

It's a rushed mockup, but regarding Tails and Amy... I think we're perfectly safe with their designs. Sonic's actually reminds me a LOT of Mr. Needlemouse...

• Thumbs Up 1

If you think that's bad, think of how it could be worse.

Wait until we see how well this show is received. So well, in fact, that it explodes like My Little Pony and SEGA decides to make those designs the norm.

Oh, and Eggman will look like he did in SatAM.

Wait until we see how well this show is received. So well, in fact, that it explodes like My Little Pony and SEGA decides to make those designs the norm.

Oh no...

OH NO, PLEASE GOD NO, DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TOUCH THAT GLORIOUS EGGY DESIGN.

PLEASE!

Also, can we expect some Orbot and Cubot shenanigans?

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 2

WAIT.

That's why they haven't shown us Knuckles in Sonic Lost World yet... !!!!

THEY CHANGED HIS DESIGN AND ARE AFRAID OF BACKLASH.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I would actually be fine with Eggman looking like his SatAM design

3dc04cca8a7e3ff632ad0226051d96e4.png

It's a rushed mockup, but regarding Tails and Amy... I think we're perfectly safe with their designs. Sonic's actually reminds me a LOT of Mr. Needlemouse...

I actually don't think Amy's silhouette is as close as the comparison makes it appear. Her legs seem a lot more exagerrated because there is no appearance of her boots in the silhouette compared to the overlay.