Awoo.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe ( I NEED A MONSTA TO CLOBBA THAT THAR KIRBEH... IN 3D!)

YoshiUnity

Was the inclusion of Kirby Right Back at Ya the reason? Because It really looked like they took some animation from the show....

Yep. All of that was from the show.

Scores are coming in, and the game has been looking to be pretty solid. Anyone else getting it when it comes out?

I skipped over Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, and Return to Dreamland, but Triple Deluxe seems like a fun little romp. And the expy Smash Bros. mode is sure to be a replayability blast. Saturday's gonna be great with both Kirby and Mario Golf.

I bought it yesterday and I'm enjoying it.

Does anyone know if the Keychains on the Menu can be customized?

I got Triple Deluxe last night.

It's an absolute delight to play. I haven't finished it yet, but I lent it to a kid I was babysitting today, and he had a good time.

So far, it has the approval of both the kid, and the kid at heart.

This is going to be a day one purchase for me, no doubt at all. Thing is we won't get it in Europe until the 16th May so there's still two weeks to go until I finally get my hands on my copy. I'm trying to stay clear of spoilers too, as far away as possible: with things like YouTube and Tumblr it's not so easy to avoid them though. D:

Anyway, I'll post my impressions once I have got the game and finished it completely.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a question to those who have played it: how much of a rehash of Kirby's Return To Dreamland is it? That's one thing I was worried about when seeing promotional material. 

Fuck off Amazon and your shitty free shipping minimum. The game's like four fucking cents underneath the minimum not to mention the sales tax for Washington is ridiculous

I ordered this off Newegg's ebay page since it was $5 off, and shipping's only a dollar. Can't wait to dive into this.

I have a question to those who have played it: how much of a rehash of Kirby's Return To Dreamland is it? That's one thing I was worried about when seeing promotional material. 

It's really not much of a "rehash" of that game at all.

Both games are 3D sidescrollers, but while Return to Dreamland is a strictly side-perspective platformer, Triple Deluxe is much more refined, taking advantage of the 3D plane to implement some nifty foreground and background puzzles, obstacles, plane-switching and other effects that helps to keep you on your toes. They don't even have the same "Limit Break" items: while the Super Abilities were mainly used for one-hit Kill Everything On-Screen attacks, you have to be more methodical with the Hypernova, as there are various (though not all that difficult) puzzles where you have to use the Hypernova Inhale just right to get through. This game also has various moments where you use the gyroscope to control various puzzle objects.

At any rate, I heartily recommend it to just about anyone. It really is a lovely game. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Just got this in the mail today.

This is one of those games that further justifies my love for the 3DS's 3D; think Virtual Boy Wario Land or Mutant Mudds and you know what to expect from the layered levels. I'm playing it exclusively with 3D on, and the effect is understated enough to not give me a headache during long bouts, but noticeable enough to enhance the experience all the same.

And for anyone wondering, yeah it's a rehash of Return to Dream Land, right down to the engine and the enhancements that that game brought. But being a rehash of RTDL pretty much makes it near perfect. The main criticism I have so far is the lack of co-op, which surprises me considering the previous game's focus on it. A 2P mode with both players controlling Kirbies would have been just fine with me.

That said, like Komodin said there's still plenty of stuff about Triple Deluxe that sets it apart from RTDL, but it's definitely a sequel to that game in many ways.

• Thumbs Up 4

I do like how they actually enhanced a few long standing Kirby abilities like guard. Did you know you can now do a dodge move during it to try and negate any damage? You can also Air Dodge with the guard button like in Smash.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do like how they actually enhanced a few long standing Kirby abilities like guard. Did you know you can now do a dodge move during it to try and negate any damage? You can also Air Dodge with the guard button like in Smash.

Letting thier Smash Bros. influence come out more...now if only the Smash ability was actually in the game.

Has anyone complete the True Arena Mode? I swear this mode is really kicking my ass, I cannot beat it. I love the challenge but damn its really starting to get annoying everytime I reached

Shadow King dedede and Dark meta knight

they would take out so much of my life and then I 'm a sitting duck on the last one.

I Mostly use Hammer Kirby because Hammer swing does a lot of damage but I'm still getting my ass whoop. I tried many others like sword, fighter, leaf, beetle. I 'm pretty horrible with Kirby Bosses

It's the last mode I need to complete before I go on a keychain hunt.

Okay but how do I wavedash

• Thumbs Up 2

You should probably spoiler tag those boss names, Jords.

Didn't know that stuff was in the game, and I wish I still didn't. Gotta keep things a surprise, y'know?

• 3 weeks later...

Had the game for a while, and I too am a fan.

This is a bonafide platformer that just tugs my heartstrings; the aesthetics are pleasing to the eye, the 3D effect is very well done, and the music is stellar. I do feel the difficulty has its fair share of balance at times. You know when it's tough when you are facing the bosses though. 

One thing I really do like about the game is the hints of backstory littered throughout the game, even more so in Dedede's Tour and The True Arena. (Keeping in mind I haven't reached the end of either mode, but I like this game so much I just had to get the full scoop on them both)

Queen Sectonia's gradual slip on reality and the resulting shell of what she once was as the final boss of The True Arena, with her appearance showing just how it all unfolds. She basically only has her vanity to live on from until her defeat as she transforms into the Soul of Sectonia. It kinda struck a good chord with me after playing that made me look up other games in the series and makes me want to play them. Her former right-hand lackey is much more rounded as a character than I thought as well.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah I finished it a while ago and enjoyed it. It's a very good follow-up to Return to Dream Land that rehashes all of the best parts from that game with plenty of other differences to set it apart and give it its own identity like most Kirby games manage to do.

I have a few complaints though:

- The lack of challenge stages is noticeable, and I was hoping they would become a series staple after Kirby's Dream Collection added even more of them. KTD isn't exactly lacking in content, but it would have been nice to see them again.

- I really wish this game featured co-op, even if it were just two-player local wireless like KSSU. No extra characters are necessary; just make player 2 another Kirby and I'd be happy. Not including it after RTDL's large focus on it is jarring, and multiplayer is what makes any Kirby game that features it even more of a blast.

- Keychains have no point. It would have been way more enjoyable collecting them if they were accompanied with a small bio describing each character/item. But I got really bored of collecting them after a while.

- The game spoils post-game bosses. Specifically, in the end credits and the intro screen for KTD's extra mode. Although I suppose there is still room for surprise since there's a bit more to them than these spoilers let on.

Some other personal thoughts and observations:

- The level design, at least to me, feels somewhat tighter than RTDL's due to not having to cater to multiple players. The soundtrack is also smaller, but it feels stronger overall somehow.

- The game's sound test actually provides artist breakdown. According to Satoshi Ishida's post on Miiverse, red notes indicate songs composed by Jun Ishikawa, and blue notes are by Hirokazu Ando. The Japanese Kirby wiki has a full list of songs here.

- Whoever said this game is too easy is wrong. The main story is simple enough, but the two main sub-games kick my ass, and extra mode boosts the difficulty of bosses just like RTDL. The True Arena once again adapts extra mode's bosses and it might be the hardest Kirby boss rush to date.

- The 3D is very understated; thus, it's good. Objects only pop out when they have to, and even on max setting it's not strong enough to give me a headache. I recommend playing the entire game with 3D on.

I think RTDL is marginally the better game albeit not at KTD's expense; however, with it being really hard to find now at least in the US and KTD's availability is much wider (even if it goes out of print, it'll always be on the eShop), I would recommend new-time players to check out Triple Deluxe first in a heartbeat.

• Thumbs Up 6

I just used the Leaf ability in True Arena. Leaf Guard makes you invincible, and Leaf Pillar hits very hard. Switch between the two when appropriate, and you're done.

• Thumbs Up 1

I used Archer Kirby for the True Arena. His "Camouflage" move allows him to dodge every single Mini-Boss and Boss and their attacks.

-Keychains have no point. It would have been way more enjoyable collecting them if they were accompanied with a small bio describing each character/item. But I got really bored of collecting them after a while.

While I wish I could customize which ones appeared on my Save File, they did make me curious and interested in some of the older Kirby games.

I started using Beetle Kirby for Arena and True Arena. Dat hitbox <3

But I am more than happy to hear other good methods to complete the latter. 

So I've been playing Triple Deluxe lately (I'm in World 3 atm)  and like other Kirby games I've played, this is the happiest, jolliest and CUTEST 2D platformer around!

It seems to take a lot of elements from Return to Dreamland, while at the same time giving us some unique gameplay relating to the whole 3D aspect. And it works great! I think this is the best use of the 3D effect in a 3DS game yet, my favourite being the hands that can squish poor Kirby.

Will post more as I go through the game, but right now I'm enjoying it immensely and it may end up being my favourite Kirby handheld game!

I'mma double post cos I finished the game the other night and I didn't get to post my impressions.

Now I haven't actually beaten Kirby Triple Deluxe 100%, so I haven't done the True Arena or

Dedede's Tour

but after beating the final boss, I can honestly say this is the best Kirby handheld game I've played since Kirby Super Star Ultra. It was a highly enjoyable platformer with some challenging parts, but like most Kirby games it was pretty easy (dat final boss tho!). That didn't matter though since I was having so much fun I didn't even notice how quickly I was beating the game!

The new power ups are mostly good, the best ones being Beetle and Arrow, and I like how elements from Return to Dreamland are in the game as well as new things that are unique to Triple Deluxe...especially the 3D effect. Can I just say, this is the best 3DS game to utilize 3D to its full potential? I had it switched throughout most of the game, because it was that good! Oh, and the visuals and music are really nice. The soundtrack for this game is memorable and the final boss music is just as amazing as CROWNED.

I think my only nitpick with this game is that the story does come out of nowhere...I mean, there is no hint about what's happening and what Taranza's motives are until the very end and when I was suddenly saving these adorable looking flower Sprixie rejects in the last level I was like...wut.

But I suppose it was cool to see why it happened, how it happened and

how in the end Taranza wasn't just another Magalor or Marx and that the real villain was the badass looking Queen Sectonia.

I just wish it was hinted at a little more throughout the game and not just thrown at me before the final boss and before the end credits.

Anyways, it's just one little nitpick of mine and I can't think of any other flaws or gripes with this game. It's a cute little Kirby platformer with the usual adorable Kirby goodness, and I'll be sure to 100% soon enough. I give it 8.5/10! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like a new downloadable content for Kirby Fighter's and Dedede's Drum Dash is coming to Japan. Hopefully elsewhere as well.

Now if only they bothered adding more Copy Abilities to the game.

*Cough Animal, Bubble, Mirror, Magic, Clean, a non-one use Light, Jet, Water, Yo-Yo cough*

• Thumbs Up 2

......MASKED DEDEDE???? I NEED THIS!!! 8V

This is pretty neat though, nice to see these mini games expanded on a bit more.

Kirby Fighters Z is adding team battles, boss battles, new abilities, new stages, new items, costumes...  kinda ridiculous for a sub-game. Definitely going to be picking it up when it comes out. Easily the best sub-game in the series. As for DeDeDe Drum Dash Z, I wasn't sold on it until I heard the remix of Magolor Soul's theme, C-R-O-W-N-E-D. Have to get that too just to hear it in-game.

Speaking of buying things, do we know how they're going to be selling these expansions? Are they DLC or stand-alone? I've been seeing some people say that you get extra content or something if you have Kirby Triple Deluxe.