Awoo.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe ( I NEED A MONSTA TO CLOBBA THAT THAR KIRBEH... IN 3D!)

YoshiUnity

That is one DAMN misleading thread title.

I always welcome a new Kirby game, it hasn't shown anything too new yet but we'll see, I've enjoyed em all so far. My favorite in terms of everything, music, artstyle, atmosphere, has been Kirby Superstar. Thread title makes me think, I honestly would like to at least see them try a 3D Kirby seeing as how everything else has been done at least once, Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, even Yoshi sort of if you count his gameplay in SM64DS

SO!  New Copy Ability speculation time!  Here's a few of my hopefuls:

-Axe Kirby throws axes at varying arcs and speeds.  One of his best attacks would be an axe that homes in the nearest enemy.  He would also be able to break the "Heavy" blocks that Hammer and Burning usually break.

-Cloud Kirby floats similarly to Cupid Kirby, as in trying to do his hover move will put you in Free Flight mode.  Cloud Kirby uses rain, lightning, and wind to attack his enemies, and is most powerful when floating in the air.

-Mime Kirby can use "invisible" walls to protect himself and attack enemies.  Miming different things has different effects on the world, such as pulling enemies in with an invisible fishing rod, or blowing enemies away by miming a windy day.

-Art Kirby takes inspiration from Adeleine and Ado.  He can draw up various enemies and creatures to assist him, although he can only have two creatures out at once.  Art Kirby has minimal defense on his own, though, so be sure to keep yourself covered at all times.  This ability is for those who want to inject some strategy into the Kirby world.

Yeah, so...yeah.

Aw, it looks really Return to Dreamland-y. Not my favorite, but then that just makes it a great game as opposed to a fantastic one, so no big complaints here.

It looks like the one other game that was solo'd by HAL staff(not counting dream collection).

Aaaw man, I need to play this sad.png 

Nintendo I don´t want to buy a 3DS yet y u do dis to me

Edited by Ristar

• 1 month later...

Here's the new logo for the game.

10841043493_7a9a1b5138_c.jpg

Kirby... the title of your new game makes me think of triple-decker cheeseburgers! And the colors are so good, they make me think of triple-decker Pretty Patties!

Here's the link. Even though this was the only thing revealed related to this game.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/10841043493/in/set-72157637636456343

• Thumbs Up 6

Haha, get it

Triple

Three

Three Dee

Gosh I'm so witty

Seriously though there better be some Dedede in this

Dedede was one of the playable (or, at least, multiplayer) characters in Return to Dreamland, no? I'd say his chances of having the same role are pretty high. 

Plus, "Triple D(eluxe)" = Dedede!

Interesting to note that this makes it the first main Kirby game to retain its Japanese title. The only two games that kept their original titles were Kirby's Block Ball and Kirby Air Ride.

Considering that Super Star was known as "Super Deluxe" in Japan, I had initially thought that Triple Deluxe would have been some reference to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember how I noticed that there was about enough room on the HUD to fit in three health bars as oppose to four?  If "three" is some sort of theme here, I wonder if that will turn out to be more than random speculation on my part.  A three player co-op would certainly be interesting if it's actually made use of as oppose to just being a limitation and not being able to do four.  Though with dedicated co-op games it's always iffy on the basis of "how much will the single player be affected by co-op design choices" so I dunno.

Considering that Super Star was known as "Super Deluxe" in Japan, I had initially thought that Triple Deluxe would have been some reference to it.

I think it probably is.  Add it to the roster of self-referential Nintendo titles lately.

...That sounds really unenthusiastic of me, but really, purely as a title it's more original than most, and actually, as demonstrated above, has several potential layers of meaning.  And I am looking forward to this as a game.  I haven't played enough Kirby and I'm looking forward to catching up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi-res Japanese Boxart and screens!

Link here:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25/rhino-beetle-kirby-brings-us-kirby-triple-deluxe-screenshots/

BZ6_gftCEAAsSd8.jpg

Oh Shit! He's hungry for Bronto Burts and human flesh! Run!

kirby2.jpg

kirby1.jpg

kirby9.jpg

Heh heh... I'll never get tired of that last screen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, hey, Japanese Boxart Kirby got the angry eyes for once! That's interesting...

American Japanese Kirby IS HARDCORE

• Thumbs Up 2

At least this time people can't whine about the eyebrows on the western version.

Hi-res Japanese Boxart and screens!

Link here:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25/rhino-beetle-kirby-brings-us-kirby-triple-deluxe-screenshots/

Oh Shit! He's hungry for Bronto Burts and human flesh! Run!

kirby2.jpg

Heh heh... I'll never get tired of that last screen.

I thought this screen looked really nice (You know, when it's not blown up)

This looks fun! I can't wait.

And for those who say 3D Kirby isn't possible, then look at this!

Maboroshi02.jpg

LOOK AT IT! 3D KIRBY! It's a shame it was unreleased...

EDIT: What has this world come to? Japanese Kirby is angry!

BahiBgOIgAE41ns.jpg

Bell Kirby, I think? That's cool. Sure have been a lot of bells in video games lately: Sonic Lost World's Red Ring bells, Super Mario 3D World's Super Bells, and now this.