Awoo.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe ( I NEED A MONSTA TO CLOBBA THAT THAR KIRBEH... IN 3D!)

YoshiUnity

^ There was, but it was a prototype which was never released.

I found the game...in question. That wasn't an anime art style, the art style was suppose to reflect the kind out of a Pop up/Story book not really anime, that's just the way it looked.

Also we apparently can now the gloriousness of Kirby's house again...but this time in 3D!!!

YES.

ip6z.png

Spear Kirby is in it again, that's all I needed, carry on HAL do whatever you like with the game I'm buying it Day One.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, the more I am seeing of this game the more anticipated I am for it. =)

Loved Return to Dream Land / Adventure Wii, so as long as they nail it with Triple Deluxe or make it even greater I'll be happy. =) So far Triple Deluxe picks the best elements of Return to Dream Land and gives 'em a small twist with the background 3D pathways and new abilities, including the Hyper Nova ability (which looks like an iteration of Return's Ultra Ability). The two announced minigames (Kirby Fighters and Dedede Drum Dash) seem quite fun too, although I hope they are on the same level of quality than Mass Attack: they had the best minigames assortment in the series IMO, let alone the fact they were single player, something that I strongly welcomed since the portable Kirby minigames suffered the big problem of relying on multiplayer to make them compelling to play.

YES.

ip6z.png

Spear Kirby is in it again, that's all I needed, carry on HAL do whatever you like with the game I'm buying it Day One.

Spear Copter FTW~! 8D

Whenever that may be...

But it's nice to see it got a pretty good score. Expect something akin to Return to Dreamland then!

We do have some snippets of the story actually. There's a new villain who causes beanstalks to grow all around the place, lifting Kirby's house and Dedede's Castle. When Kirby checks out Dedede's castle he finds the villain doing something to Dedede (looks like draining energy from him or something), then the new guy ends up fleeing, taking Dedede with him as Kirby gives chase. So basically Dedede gets kidnapped and Kirby has to save him. There's some images of it here

So yeah... My hopes of playable Dedede went down the drain pretty quickly....

;A;

Well, you're in luck.

Dedede is playable outside of the minigame. At least from what I can see.

Good to know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, does this game seriously have its own Smash Bros. mode??

Kinda, but with stamina. So choose your favorite Kirby power and have it!

This mode will definitely get some play time from me. Fighter Kirby... Ninja Kirby... Spear Kirby... I tend to favor the Kirby Powers that allow me to pull of combos. But in the clinch, I'm definitely using Fighter Kirby.

• 2 weeks later...

Some spoiler-tastic news about Kirby's Triple Deluxe, which was just released in Japan:

In Videos posted by GameXplain...

We have the opening cutscene:

And besides the First 3 levels of the game, we also have a looksy at Battle Mode of the game:

Game's looking pretty good. I couldn't help but grin when that boss started putting up cardboard cutouts to make you waste your ammo, that was pretty clever.

And wow, the model for the good ol' UFO enemy is really shiny. This is probably the case in Return to Dreamland but I have yet to get that game because I'm terrible.

Well of course, Kirby is one of the most difficult series to localize!

Yeah no, why do we have to wait for so long? >:U

I thought the game would come out faster than this because NOJ saved us the trouble of having to give Kirby his angry eyes, how thoughtful of them

• Thumbs Up 2

NOA needs the extra months to invent a new, even angrier Kirby face now that the totally softcore Japanese Kirby took their angry eyes.

• Thumbs Up 8

I SWEAR TO GOD THIS IS MY LAST EDIT!

Gameplain uploaded a 30 minute game & watch of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmPnBRXr9U

Shows couple of levels in "Lollipop Land" 

We have the opening cutscene:

So either Dedede's castle consists entirely of the throne room, or he's nabbed a TARDIS.

• Thumbs Up 1