Awoo.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe ( I NEED A MONSTA TO CLOBBA THAT THAR KIRBEH... IN 3D!)

YoshiUnity

This looks fun! I can't wait.

And for those who say 3D Kirby isn't possible, then look at this!

Maboroshi02.jpg

LOOK AT IT! 3D KIRBY! It's a shame it was unreleased...

EDIT: What has this world come to? Japanese Kirby is angry!

What was this...?

What was this...?

An unfinished game that wasn't turning out as fun as they were expecting.  It was part of the long process of experiments that eventually ended up as Kirby's Adventure Wii/Return to Dream Land.

That screenshot is all that's ever been released of it, during the Iwata Asks for the above game.  I don't think they went into detail on what wasn't fun about it.

Was it ever confirmed that Kirby's Adventure Wii and the Kirby on the Gamecube were actually the same project? I'm pretty sure the 3D game engine was carried over to Kirby Air Ride, at least

This looks fun! I can't wait.

And for those who say 3D Kirby isn't possible, then look at this!

Maboroshi02.jpg

LOOK AT IT! 3D KIRBY! It's a shame it was unreleased...

EDIT: What has this world come to? Japanese Kirby is angry!

It'd be cool if they'd one day do this. I'd love to try out a 3D Kirby. If it doesn't turn out as good, they can always go back to 2D..

BahiBgOIgAE41ns.jpg

Bell Kirby, I think? That's cool. Sure have been a lot of bells in video games lately: Sonic Lost World's Red Ring bells, Super Mario 3D World's Super Bells, and now this.

I really like this design.

Was it ever confirmed that Kirby's Adventure Wii and the Kirby on the Gamecube were actually the same project? I'm pretty sure the 3D game engine was carried over to Kirby Air Ride, at least

I think that 3D game concept came after Air Ride actually.  And yeah they were part of the same project, confirmed by Iwata Asks, as was the 3D game and a third concept that had a cel-shaded 2D art style.

The giant DeDeDe robot boss from the lone Kirby GCN trailer actually managed to survive all the way to the final game.  (Possibly just as a fanservice for those who remembered the trailer though, since it is a secret boss).

Its not the same Project...Kirby's Adventure Wii was the final project that was actually a success in development. The 3D game was scrapped, then another project was scrapped...and its been like that until the Wii game. The only thing carried over from the 3D game, was the giant robot boss on Extra mode in Egg engine.

• 2 weeks later...

More footage from the Japanese site! Super suction looks pretty rad and the Dedede mini game looks fun.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hmm, that new Super Suction powerup looks rather cool... as well as a bit unnerving, when you think about it.,,,

It looked to me like only that first scene with the tree had a kind of cutscene look to it.  I assume that that's the first time you get the power-up and so they give you a little cinematic to show the full impact of how it functions, and every subsequent time you can just get on with it and it works far more quickly.  That's the impression I get, anyway; as to the rest, I'm really impressed by it.

• Thumbs Up 4

It looked to me like only that first scene with the tree had a kind of cutscene look to it.  I assume that that's the first time you get the power-up and so they give you a little cinematic to show the full impact of how it functions, and every subsequent time you can just get on with it and it works far more quickly.  That's the impression I get, anyway; as to the rest, I'm really impressed by it.

That's how the Ultra Abilities were in Kirby's Adventure Wii so I assume that'll be the case here too.  HAL Laboratory are smart developers, they don't make tedious games.

Game seems somewhat safe and rehash-y at this point. Not to the extent of an NSMB or anything, but I hope they show more later that makes it seem less this way. 

Game seems somewhat safe and rehash-y at this point. Not to the extent of an NSMB or anything, but I hope they show more later that makes it seem less this way. 

Yeah I dunno why, but this Kirby game isn't really catching me. 

It doesn't look bad, just kinda blandish with the level design. It looks like a slower safer version of other Kirby Games.

But who the hell am I kidding? I'm still gonna buy it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kirby has never outright sucked before (pun not intended), so I have faith that I'll at least enjoy this game. 

HAL never plays their best cards when advertising Kirby. This isn't anything new.

Return to Dream Land also looked relatively unimpressive compared to the final product when we first saw it. Most people were hyped due to the fact that we were getting another home console Kirby game.

Kirby is a series that personally never fails me. I still get tons of enjoyment even out of their weaker titles. I highly doubt Triple Star will be without its own surprises.

• Thumbs Up 6

Kirby: Triple Deluxe looks really fantastic. i like the new Bell Kirby ability it looks awesome. on a side note, i hope the next kirby looks like an anime, that's what i want a Kirby game that looks like anime, there was one but, it never came to be. don't get me wrong, i like how Kirby: Triple Deluxe looks.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe looks really fantastic. i like the new Bell Kirby ability it looks awesome. on a side note, i hope the next kirby looks like an anime, that's what i want a Kirby game that looks like anime, there was one but, it never came to be. don't get me wrong, i like how Kirby: Triple Deluxe looks.

You mean Hand-drawn sprites in Anime style? There wasn't ever one of those.

^ There was, but it was a prototype which was never released.

As Sean said, Kirby games usually look a bit unimpressive from the initial trailers (except for Kirby's Epic Yarn!). We don't even know the story to this game, do we? It might be better once we play it. I certainly thought Kirby's Adventure Wii was a really fun game. =]

I can't wait for this game to come out. Wait, I don't have a 3DS, DANGIT! Though the name is kind of weird….Kirby Triple Deluxe? I guess Kirby 3D sounded too bland, but this sounds too excessive. Next we'll have Kirby Super Ultra Triple Deluxe Special Edition Platinum

And guys they did release a full 3D Kirby. It's called Air Ride. 

We do have some snippets of the story actually. There's a new villain who causes beanstalks to grow all around the place, lifting Kirby's house and Dedede's Castle. When Kirby checks out Dedede's castle he finds the villain doing something to Dedede (looks like draining energy from him or something), then the new guy ends up fleeing, taking Dedede with him as Kirby gives chase. So basically Dedede gets kidnapped and Kirby has to save him. There's some images of it here

So yeah... My hopes of playable Dedede went down the drain pretty quickly....

;A;

As Sean said, Kirby games usually look a bit unimpressive from the initial trailers (except for Kirby's Epic Yarn!). We don't even know the story to this game, do we? It might be better once we play it. I certainly thought Kirby's Adventure Wii was a really fun game. =]

Speaking of Story!

In a turn of events, it appears that we have to rescue King Dedede!

img_slide_01.jpgimg_slide_02.jpg

img_slide_03.jpgimg_slide_04.jpg

img_slide_06.jpgimg_slide_05.jpg

img_slide_07.jpg