Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

Well, my current username, Komodin, has two origins:

The "Komo" comes from the Komodo dragons of Indonesia, my overall favorite living reptile species. The "Din" comes from Din: the Oracle of Seasons from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons; I was kinda fanboying over the game in question when I first thought up the name.

The origin of my username isn't really too creative or complicated. chaoscontrol14 came about when I first rejoined the board in 2006 (After getting banned in 2005 as Chaotix12345 for my own immaturity at the time. Don't ask.). I was really into ShTH (It had just released), so I went with chaoscontrol to show off my appreciation for it. As for the "14" part, I thought that the name needed a bit of spice, so I literally just put my age at the time at the end of it. Yeah, like I said, not too creative. That, and it's six years out of date. :P

My name comes from... the thing known as coral! Not very original but I like the sound of it and also Corsola is one of my fave Pokemon. :P

I was born in 1973 and an Applejack fan so simple.

And yay over 300 posts!

Edited by Applejack1973

I just thought that my name was funny. You can take it to be stereo and mono, or you can think of the disease.

It was better than my old name, which I really just pulled out of my ass.

The story of my username goes way back to 2005, when I first decided to join this fine message board, but back then I went by the far more cumbersome name chibi_sonic. I was a pretty new Sonic fan then, having being swayed by a illegitimate copy of Sonic and Knuckles Collection I got from a computer swapmeet, and my amateur internet research on my newfound love led me to this picture.

tTGtJ.png

Yep, it's one of those hidden pictures from Sonic CD, which I had dubbed "Chibi Sonic". So, that's the username I was originally going to take. However, I wasn't aware you could use spaces (or capitalisation for that matter) in your username, so that's how the underscore got in there.

And that is how I became known as chibi_sonic. After a while, people started to shorten it to just Chibi, so when the name change function came in, I changed my username to Chibi and the rest, they say, is history.

So yeah. Hoorah for needlessly long explanations! =D

Mine is a play on my own name and Charlie Chaplin, a comedian from earlier movies, I choose my own name to remind myself I have an identity.

I don't post here much but I use this username for other websites too. I came up with it when I first signed up for SSMB as I was looking for a sonic-related username. I was listening to "Un-gravitify" from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, and the lyrics "Keep Rising Evermore" stood out at me. I changed evermore to forever because it sounded better to me. It's the primary username I have used since.

Well, my username-oh wait I actually did post here like 2 years ago. It's a really dumb name, but I could never think of anything better to change it to, other than previous usernames all over the internet, which I'm deliberately not using to separate them on the off chance someone remembers me from elsewhere. To kind of keep my identity here pretty much here only, as it were.

The only other name I've used here is White Acrimbopolis, which was around christmas, and the meaning of THAT should be obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

My YouTube name theGMANtheBOSS (such a cheesy name, iknorite) is based off a nickname I'm still referred to by this day and the song "The Boss." (by Rick Ross. Mind you, the name was conjured up in 2008, when the song was still popular).

My other name, Yeow95, that I used at sites I was pretty much a one/two-visit wonder at (excluding the Sega Forums) was based off a part of my name I'm not even sure actually is a part of my name (it's part of my name in a different language, apparently) and my birthdate.

My current name? After getting tired of my Ananze name (based off the Ashanti folk tale character), I just had a random idea in my head for a name-just take the name Sonic, flip it backwards, and replace the C with a Z! It's so original, it's genius! :D /sarcasm

The way I have come up with my username 'deepbluespeed99' are the following:

Deep - It's because I have a deep voice

Blue- My favourite colour

Speed- I like speedy things and is also a reference to one of my favourite video game characters of all tine, Sonic.

99- Just a random number to make my username look realistic

When you read out the words 'deep', 'blue', 'speed', together, it sounds quite catchy. That is how I come up with that username.

The name of my Sonic fancharacter. Don't worry guys, it's not a recolor and looks nothing like Nicole. I'll draw a pic of her soon.

As for other names, they're just random names of my favorite characters and stuff.

Edit: @ DeepBlueSpeed99: Almost sounds like "deep blue sea," actually.

Edited by Aero the Lynx

My name also comes from a fan character whose name in turn was taken from the defunct studio that produced Watership Down and The Plague Dogs. My young, impressionable mind was blown away that studios could make animated films like that so I nicked the name in tribute to it. Plus, I think it sounds nice. xP

When I was younger, I was a total Godzilla (and all kaiju/giant monster) freak. I watched almost all the Godzilla movies, bought a crap-ton of monster toys (which I still have and want to sell for a hopefully large amount of money), played Godzilla games, and even went to G-Fest, the annual kaiju culture convention.

I made up the name Gregzilla for a kaiju-related forum when I was young, stupid, and frankly shouldn't have been on forums. Just took my name, Greg, and put Zilla at the end of it. I've been using it ever since, even though I haven't really payed attention to anything kaiju-related in years.

The 'Blaire' part of my username comes from one of my fan characters; that name came, surprisingly enough, from one of the squirrel villagers in Animal Crossing: City Folk. Yes, I used the name of a squirrel for the name of a husky. But I really liked the name, so who cares. :P

The 'Special Operative' bit, however, can be derived from the obsession with crime drama NCIS that I had at the time. Of course, they call them 'Special Agents', but I just happened to like the word 'operative', so there you go. :P

Mine (and pic) are from a sci-fi goddess in an anime NIght Dragon Vorfeed, this calms me down so why not have a reassuring image and pic?

Hoenn is the name of the region in which Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald (my favourite Pokemon games) take place. :)

• 3 months later...

Hmm. Found this thread, and I thought it'd be cool to revive it.

Well, as some of you may know, I started here under the username "thebluehedgehog". A name I came up with in seconds, it was quite unimaginative. Later, on the SSMB Skype Chats, I became known as "Yacker the 2nd" or "Blue", in response to the Wisp Frenzy that was going on there. This username would come onto the SSMB later. Now, I am "Burnt Ash". The reason I have this username is due to Sonic Retro. I joined Sonic Retro, however, the site said I needed a non-Sonic related username, and so I was stumped. Eventurally, I came up with this username, and after its first use on Sonic Retro, I went on to include it in other sites, such as this one. So yeah, bit of some history on my username.

• 1 month later...

For the longest while I had no initiative to think of a cool username because, well, my imagination sucks tongue.png

Then one day I was bored. I noticed a lot of people just come up with random Japanese names and use that as a username. So, I looked up Japanese girls names, and had a look through a list to see if any sparked my interest. It had to be something that wasn't often used, and not hugely recognised as an anime character. I came across Mizuki and thought it sounded pretty cool, it mentioned that Mizuki means 'beautiful moon' so umm yeah, that's where MizukiMoon came from lol

My current name "Gabe" is actually NOT copied from Valve's Gabe Newell. It is actually a combination of my first and middle name one of my teachers called me by mistake. I ended up liking the result and I decided to use it afterwards as my new "standard" name. I also used a variation of it (Gabe95 - the 95 part recycled from my Yeow95 name) for my DailyMotion account as well.

EDIT: Back to Yeow and my DailyMotion account is dead, please disregard.

Edited by Yeow

My first username on the first real forum I really spent a lot of time on (Sonic Blast) was MetalX, a cheap imitation of "Metallix" which was sadly taken.

I eventually added a space between "Metal" and "X" because I thought it looked much better, and I stuck with it for a good while until a trip to Ikea. There I saw a stuffed rattlesnake toy called "D'Jungleworm" or something along that line. I adapted the "D'" from that into "Metal X" making "D'Metal X".

Finally, I replaced the apostrophe with a dash, making "D-Metal X", which is what I currently use, though as of now it's altered for the holiday as "D-Metal X-mas".