Awoo.

What's the origin of your username?

Scorch

My username is probably the most lacking in creativity. It simply comes from my real name, Craig Anderson. Take the first letter from my first name and combine it with my entire last name. It's hilarious seeing and hearing how people pronounce my username on other forums. xD

I got my name from when I used to play Runescape *shudder* back in 2007. My cousin originally got me to play, and his username was Best Dude44. Me, being very unoriginal at the time, just copied his name and added 11 to the number. Ever since then, I've used this name for pretty much everything :P

I was trying to make a XBL name. Was going to call my self "Best Gamer Ever44", but it was crappy. Microsoft luckily picked out a name, and it was MeltingComet. I loved it. I seriously used it in anyway. I bet you won't be surprised if you see MeltingCom (Short) in MicroVolts, or MeltingComet on Guild Wars 2, or MeltingComet on Airmech. Or MeltingCometAOEO (Age of Empires Online) on Halo 2. 

Once upon a time I was a fan of Naruto and his characters. One of them, Shikamaru, was nicknamed Crybaby in-universe because of one of the two times he cried. So I once was Crybaby, but then I discovered "Crybaby" is a word that describes an obnoxious complainer, which is not how I want people to see me.

So I changed it to FearTear, which still nods to the act of crying but in another way

Long ago, in the year of 1992, a game called Sonic 2 came out. Young me was enjoying an exciting stage called Mystic Cave Zone. Awesome music, very groovy. Everything was peaches, until the overzealous younger version of me missed a lever on the ceiling, which sent me sailing into a pit with spikes waiting for me at the bottom. My world began crumbling around me as a began to notice that the only escape from this mysterious pit of Mystic Cave.... was death.

I've had this username since 2006 when I first used it on Youtube I believe. I know that I've also used "Wolf's Rain" since that is my all time favorite anime show in general. :)

I was known as "coolforever" before that, which I randomly made when I created a character in my wrestling game. :P

I love the Doom series and the Cyberdemon is still one of my favorite monster ever created, and the name sounds cool. Thus, I decided to use this as my username.

My initial one "TripsS3" came around about '07. Sonic '06, had Sonic, Shadow and Silver. 3 S's. "Triple S3". Eventually, the forums I went onto, some people shortened it to Trips. Knock off the -le, and an -s and here we are. Now, Apollo is because I'm on a Smite hype, therefore, Apollo. xD

• 1 year later...

'Oscillo' came about when I got sick of being called 'User 1' on our PS3. I discovered how to change usernames (because I hadn't really thought about doing so before) and from that, I came up with random words that sounded nice. One of them autocorrected to Oscillo when my brother was looking stuff up, I liked the sound of the word and it stuck. It's actually a shortened form of Oscillococcinum, which is a form of Homeopathy that's made in France for relieving Flu symptoms & derived from duck organs. And no, it isn't believed to work (or at least, it's not provable to) beyond placebo, & the bacteria it was thought to be based on don't actually exist. Which was interesting to know :lol:. The company is still making it now, & they have an English website if you're interested (but seriously, don't buy it).

Kaworu is Kaworu Nagisa, who is a character from Neon Genesis Evangelion & pictured in my avatar. I like looking at him.

"Skull" was a (admittedly very generic) nickname I made up for myself as a kid. When I joined YouTube in March 2007, I chose "skull900" as a username (and still go by that particular username on a few other places.) "902" Came about when I made a back-up e-mail address on Yahoo in November of the same year, and decided to use "902" for my new YouTube account when the original got suspended the following April.

The numbers on my name I don't think have any real significance (I do like the number 9, maybe that has something to do with it,) they're just kinda tacked on to make it a little less generic.

• Thumbs Up 1

(No idea if I've actually posted here yet...)

JonoD (Said as Jono D) is actually a radio name that a friend of mine gave me a few years ago when we started doing a podcast, and the name has just stuck not only as an online name, but also my nickname in real life too (though I'm normally called just Jono).

The name itself is just an abbreviation of my real name: Jonathan.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stacy. I don't know why I chose it I just like it at the moment. Very girl like and a bit more personal and simple. I hope people like it.  ;)  

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh it was back when I was a very huge fan of Sonic that I came up with this username and used it for multiple websites. I still use it even though I'm not a huge Sonic fan as I once was because the name kind of stuck with me.

I used to go by "Universal Username" but I thought that was far too long of a name to type so, I go by as "Uni' nowadays.

Plus it's kinda bizarre to have a "universal username" but keep changing it anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could make a oh-so-detailed story about how my username came to my mind, but that would be pointless. So here's a LITTLE story instead:

"One day, there was this kid in summer that would do nothing else but stay in front of the computer while the sun was shining outside, with his grumpy face all along. He discovered the Sonic Shorts, and that put him on the magical rainbow train of weeabooness for 2 years to come. Quickly enough, he found a thread about it on a thing called a "forum", so he saw he could give his "opinion" and how much he found the gay Silver joke funny. So he registered. But he also wanted to be badass. So he THOUGHT for once. And so he found that SunMoon was badass. And he added numbers in it, cause numbers are cool. He was now SunMoon123. Last but not least, 4 years later, he wanted to remake his life on the internet, but he had no idea for a new name. So he took over his past and transformed into Sunnymoon because it was nicer.

THE END"

• 2 weeks later...

I generally go by a username that's completely different than the one I use here, but I dunno.

When I was registering for this place, I kinda just wanted a fresh start. I figured the best way to do that was with a new username, even if it's highly unlikely anyone would recognize my old one xP Maybe it was more of a psychological thing than anything, but I just wanted a new name.

Of course, picking the new name was a bit of a pain in the ass. I suck at names, honestly, and that shines through by doing things like naming my dog "puppy." So I just picked the first thing that came to mind, and that was me remembering hearing about a beautiful city in Portugal called Lisbon on a different forum I'm a member of. I really liked the way that sounded, so I just stuck with that  :P

I like it, honestly. It's better than my old one, at least, which sounded like a stupid XboxLive gamertag xP

• 2 months later...

Mine is a mash-up of female characters I can relate to, hence why I chose them all at once.

lime02.jpg

Lime in Saber Marionette J reminds me of how mentally young I still am and the source of my hugging people. She also is very playful, something I don't express often.

3x3.Eyes.499723.jpgpai_3_x_3_eyes_12555.jpg

Parvati (left) and Pai (right) are a triclops with Dissociative Identity Disorder in the 3x3 Eyes manga. Parvati is cold, brutal and has a sharp tongue while Pai is very warm, energetic, happy and kind. I don't have DID, but since I can also be very cold at times and child-like in others, I thought they'd go great with me.

11220.jpg

Tokiko "Key" Mima in Key The Metal Idol also has a duality, but of being emotional one moment and being stoic with difficulty understanding situations as well.

"Sunwalker" is the name of my character in an online game that I have played back in 2007. I can't remember how I came up with the name, but I liked the sound of it so I used it in a few places.

My origins were explained in my profile description but I might as well go a little more in-depth.

As a kid, my older cousin was showing me a little MMO called "Club Penguin."  I wanted to play the game and she decided to give me her account. The account's name was Failinhearts. I grew attached to the penguin as it had some rare items and it was a gift from my cousin.

I still kinda play the game if I'm bored.

As a tribute to this penguin account I had such fond memories with, I used this username for most (if not every) account I have, including this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

So yeah my username is basically just a Hatsune Miku song. But many know the much superior Kagamine Rin and Len version. You can listen to it right here. I just chose it since it works for a simple and cute username. And it fits the Hatsune Miku avatar I have perfectly well.