Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Wasn't Freedom Planet originally a Sonic game? >.>

The comparison is irrelevant. Freedom Planet wasn't created by Sonic Team. Megaman and Mighty No. 9 were created by Keiji Inafune. He actually commented on this subject, saying "to say that Mighty No. 9 looks like Megaman is to say my work looks like my work."

Edited by SockBones
  • Thumbs Up 4

I posted that news on page 18, actually.

I for one -- well, many as it would seem -- is definitely looking forward to playing this game on whatever it comes out on.

Anyway, here's something pretty cool. A question on twitter was brought up about the chances of Mighty No. 9 appearing on the 3DS.

CLICK ME!!

Short and sweet, they're not sure at the moment. However, word got to the folks over at Renegade Kid and they offered to work on the possible 3DS port. It's currently under consideration.

For those that don't know. Renegade Kid are the guys that made Mutant Mudds, the Dementium series and Moon. That was pretty cool of them to offer a helping hand. The support this game is getting is really amazing!

Still, I hope Renegade Kid gets the thumbs up if help is needed.

The Comcept Team released a statement concerning people trashing Capcom, for those curious:

One of the things we’re most proud of is the overwhelmingly positive vibe we all share in this mission. There are no losers in our success here, and no bad guys to rail against. We all know that none of the amazing stories and fond memories you've all been sharing would've ever been possible without the games that came before us, the developers who created them, and the companies who promoted and sold and spread them throughout the world. Yes, we are aiming to revive and reinvent this genre, but we do so with the deepest humility and all due respect to those who came before us, or in many cases worked alongside us — our ex-coworkers and ex-employers, for example; whatever success we achieve here is ultimately a validation of their efforts. So we salute them — as we do all of you — Beck-style, with two fingers! (`_´)ゞ

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, sorry. While I appreciate the stuff they've allowed, as far as the executives are concerned they're always getting the middle finger from me until the day they clean up their act.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christ, I knew I would underestimate how much money people would throw at it, but it's as if I undershot it so badly I didn't even try.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Slowed down? With in 3 days they hit 2 stretch goals and are at the border of a third. I've yet to see that momentum die until the next few weeks.

I wonder what the mystery stretch goals are. It would be cool to be able to play as Call, or heck, even do co-op (online if possible). I wonder if they could do that if some of the mystery stretch goals are passed?

Edited by Chaos Warp

I wonder what the mystery stretch goals are. It would be cool to be able to play as Call, or heck, even do co-op (online if possible). I wonder if they could do that if some of the mystery stretch goals are passed?

I'm calling it right here and now, one of the mystery goals will be getting a nemesis rival character like Bass.

Slowed down? With in 3 days they hit 2 stretch goals and are at the border of a third. I've yet to see that momentum die until the next few weeks.

They raised 1,000,000 on the first day. Now it's at 100,000 a day.

You know, seeing how Keiji went this route, it would be amazing to see other veterans completely abandon publishers and use their names to make Kickstarters and fund independent projects. That'll really hit the industry where it hurts.

Yuji Naka kickstarting 'Sonic-like' title that plays similar to Sonic 3.

lel

• Thumbs Up 8

They raised 1,000,000 on the first day. Now it's at 100,000 a day.

I thought they raised that in the first two days? When you said the momentum would slow, I thought you meant lower than that.

lel

Would you judge me if I said that I actually would want this?

• Thumbs Up 7

There is a major difference though. If Naka made the "next Sonic," it would not be received in the same way that Inafune's Mighty no 9, primarily because Sega still makes Sonic games and pumps them out quite regularly. Capcom on the other hand has constantly given Mega Man the shaft, so the reveal of M#9 is much more welcome and necessary. 

True that Sonic games have not been perfect, but they're still there, and they're actually really good games.

But I digress.

I'm still hoping for M#9 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's true Indigo, but there's the possibility that it could be along the lines of Freedom Planet where it's inspired by Sonic but still very original, as opposed to Mighty No 9 which is clearly meant to be the Mega Man game fans want without violating Capcom's copyrights. 

But that's off topic. 

Also, I'd like to announce that we've reached the New Game Plus and Turbo Mode stretch goal! At the time of this posting the kickstarter is at $1,505,148. Also,

90b946515281b7ff2e7d2f995f46e6fc-d6kmhvg

CHALLENGER APPROACHING

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's true Indigo, but there's the possibility that it could be along the lines of Freedom Planet where it's inspired by Sonic but still very original, as opposed to Mighty No 9 which is clearly meant to be the Mega Man game fans want without violating Capcom's copyrights. 

But that's off topic. 

Also, I'd like to announce that we've reached the New Game Plus and Turbo Mode stretch goal! At the time of this posting the kickstarter is at $1,505,148. 

This is insane, at this rate we might actually reach the console versions stretch goal!

This is insane, at this rate we might actually reach the console versions stretch goal!

That would be awesome. Unless the mystery stretch goals pertain to the game, we've pretty much filled out all the needed features of the game through these stretch goals. The last major important stretch goal is the console releases. 

I have a feeling that won't happen though, if you look at the tracking chart in the OP the donation rate slows down every day. Oh well, I can deal with playing it on PC with a gamepad, though a console release would definitely be ideal. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

More amazing news. Due to the insane support they've received, they are delaying the unannounced stretch goals to push forward the making-of-documentary $250K closer AND the console versions $300K closer!!!!!!!!

And that's why we’re happy to announce that, because of your feedback, we are officially pushing back the unannounced "???" goals in order to move the making-of documentary $250K closer, and yes -- the PS3/360/Wii U versions of the game $300K closer as well! biggrin.png As for the tiers that follow, we're currently revisiting our longer-term stretch goal plan based on this big change as well as other ideas we had (and of course, your feedback).

So it's guaranteed at this point that it'll be coming to consoles! YES YES YES!

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 2

More amazing news. Due to the insane support they've received, they are delaying the unannounced stretch goals to push forward the making-of-documentary $250K closer AND the console versions $300K closer!!!!!!!!

So it's guaranteed at this point that it'll be coming to consoles!

Awesome! I just hope that if we miss out on the mystery stretch goals and get the console versions instead that the mystery goals weren't something really badass like anime cutscenes/intro or online co-op or something. Because if it was something like that honestly I'd take playing it on PC with those extra features as opposed to on consoles without the features. 

EDIT: Also, if you guys want to see some cool Mighty No 9 fanart, follow this unofficial Mighty No. 9 Tumblr: http://mightyno9.tumblr.com/

Edited by Chaos Warp

Wow. I never heard of this until now. (First 24-hour Comics day, now this. Maybe I should pay more attention to the topics around here...) It's awesome that they met and exceeded the goal. It's also hilarious that Capcom could have been in on this dough, but alas, they felt the need to treat Megaman like the bastard son. I look forward to this and I'm glad it's hitting consoles.

lel

I would SOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo want this.