Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Foot's goin' up someone's ass if I see that comic again.

I definitely wouldn't mind if Mighty No. 9 took more after the X and Zero series than classic gameplay-wise, but I still enjoy the classic series for what it is and it's pretty obvious that it's using that as its base. Besides, I'm tired of the grim and dark side of the later Mega Man series. I just want to go back to playing as a robot boy with the personality of a cheerleader.

I completely agree. I really like the lighthearted tone of the older games and Legends. It's part of the reason I really didn't want to see the Classic and X series bridged more than they already are. 

• Thumbs Up 2

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

3 times in a row now, what the, shit.

But I'm glad it reached it's goal, it's turning out to be one hell of a project if there is this much demand for it, that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'm all for not having a dark storyline where there is no world just for reploid it's just a fantasy, I just want the game mechanics from X and Zero over the Classic ones.

I don't care whether it's tone is dark and edgier that Classic or lighter and softer than Zero or X, I want it's tone to entertain me and I will take it in from there. I enjoyed each of them for what they brought, I want to enjoy this one for whatever it brings.

There's no doubt in my mind that this project will make it well beyond 2.5 million. We will be getting this on consoles, I just have a gut feeling. As for handhelds I really hope it will get ported to handhelds as well because playing Mighty No. 9 on the go would just be perfect. <3 The theme song reminds me of Mega Man 8 my favorite classic MM game too. ^_^

X gameplay =/= grimdark story you know :V

I really could do without more classic gameplay. I 'll support the game regardless but I fucking hate classic gameplay.

Disoid come on.

Dont tell me that you wouldn't want such gems has "I hid myself to repair myself"

I 'll support the game regardless but I fucking hate classic gameplay.

Really? I mean, I get why due to the instances of cheap difficulty and such, but it's still the backbone of why everyone likes Mega Man in the first place.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disoid come on.

Dont tell me that you wouldn't want such gems has "I hid myself to repair myself"

Really? I mean, I get why due to the instances of cheap difficulty and such, but it's still the backbone of why everyone likes Mega Man in the first place.

Or one could have got into it with the X series and played the classic games later...............?? I don't hate classic gameplay though, just prefer X series gameplay.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I realize that. But classic gameplay just doesn't flow as nicely as X/Zero gameplay for me.

If he get's rid of that stupid down + jump to slide crap, I'll be fine with it.

I wouldn't mind if they took most inspiration from the 8-Bit games as long as they get rid of the dumb screen scrolling thing that happens when you go into another room or something that they do. Seriously, its annoying.

Edited by Enderwoman

Good, now it can feel like a complete game as opposed to taking after Mega Man 1 which only had 6 Robot Masters.

tumblr_msjvhfs3P41sgbu3ro1_1280.png

I've always wanted to pay $10,000 to have to pay for my own plane ticket and hotel fare without knowing Japanese just to talk to a fucking interpreter.

Anyways, I'm a narcissistic piece of shit, so I've decide to pitch $5 to have my name in the credits :V

At this point, it's only a matter of time before they reach a second and/or third stretch goal. Wouldn't be surprised if they hit a fourth either.

I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches all the goals. It's only been 3 of the 30 days and we're halfway there. (cue Bon Jovi)

I'm probably going to get it on PC regardless, but I hope it reaches 2,500,000 so console owners get it.

Edited by Solkia

I'm so glad we decided to announce the project the way we did.

Well, of course being PAX's megaton helped a LOT in getting this funded the way it did. =P

Congrats Inafune.

I've always wanted to pay $10,000 to have to pay for my own plane ticket and hotel fare without knowing Japanese just to talk to a fucking interpreter.

With all due respect, what'd you expect? To just magically know the ins-and-outs of Japanese as soon as you leave your plane? There's being disappointed and then there's just being unreasonable, comrade.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma