Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

So there was a Q and A earlier............and apparently they said that there will be a Zero-type character (Sorry could not find a better image).

No they said there's a red guy with a sword. There's a billion directions you could go with just those two details.

It's probably Mighty No. 7, since he looks like he's got a sword here:

eRJqVHM.jpg

Guys, the two mystery goals have been revealed. At 2.9 mil we got the intro stage and boss, and for the 3.1 mil goal we have a support mode. I really wish I could contribute more than two dollars to this project, not for the rewards but for how great the project itself is, maybe I can get a little bit more in near the end.

No they said there's a red guy with a sword. There's a billion directions you could go with just those two details.

It's probably Mighty No. 7, since he looks like he's got a sword here:

eRJqVHM.jpg

I'm guessing it's No. 8.

Also, they did say we would get those two playable come around one of the stretch marks we hit, so we'll find out soon enough.

We've seen 8; he's a sniper, not a swordsman:

OEqUTOa.jpg

Oh...well, I came late to the notice then...

“So far, there hasn’t been any contact from Capcom,” Inafune noted. “As a matter of fact, I’ve been talking with some of the dev team at Capcom, [and] there are some people saying that they secretly back the project, and are rooting for Mighty No. 9.”

Unless Capcom is even more full of shit than we thought, I doubt they think they can touch him.

Edited by Solkia

Why would they even sue this to begin with, as far as the past weeks have shown capcom doesn't even care that this project is happening (except for the few people who have funded it) so I wouldn't worry about it happening and even if it did happen they really can't touch inafune anyway cause he has made extra sure that this game bears little actual similarity to megaman.

And where exactly does it say in that article that Capcom might sue?

If you're looking for reasons to shit on Capcom, stop pulling them out of thin air.

• Thumbs Up 6

“So far, there hasn’t been any contact from Capcom,” Inafune noted. “As a matter of fact, I’ve been talking with some of the dev team at Capcom, [and] there are some people saying that they secretly back the project, and are rooting for Mighty No. 9.

tumblr_inline_mqbkvhmXDF1qz4rgp.gif

That line made me happier than I should be.

Anyways, as it's been said, I think the legal loopholes over Mighty No.9 have long since been ironed out already with the game cleared to go into development and publication. Besides, as Inafune stated, there has been many, many, many other Mega Man-inspired games since the series' inception: this is just another one of them.

Only if Capcom decides to pounce on Comcept once the Kickstarter's been funded would we have reason to be angry. So far, no such attempt or implication has been made. Inafune only said that the worry never left his mind, nothing else.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but the Extra End Stage and Boss stretch goal just got passed, so it looks like we're getting a full classic Megaman content wise (though I'm a tad bummed that there's zero chance of that intro stage getting reached)

Really hoping that we can crank out another $250,000 in 5 days to get that Beck & Call mode

Edited by Panda Cero

It was actually passed a while ago thanks to the 39k from Paypal donors.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 2 more.

So we hit the Challenge Mode stretch goal or the Beck and Call Co-Op stretch goal a while back with PayPal donations? I'm unclear. 

Mighty No.9 Documentary: Episode 0. Why episode 0? Because this doesn't count towards the stretch goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFWrYzUX_wc

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

I swear man everytime I watch one of these documentaries with inafune it always feels right somehow, heck ive probably watched his g4 interview like 10 times now since getting megaman anniversary collection.

So we hit the Challenge Mode stretch goal or the Beck and Call Co-Op stretch goal a while back with PayPal donations? I'm unclear. 

No no no.

PAypal donations have been a 30k + since midnight yesterday. We hit the Extra End Boss goal way before the Kickstarter pledges hit 2,550,000 is what I'm saying

It's a little over 2,620,000 right now.

100k till Beck and Call mode.

So who's getting this on PC? I want a Co-op buddy.

My primary version will be the Wii-U version but if it's 20 dollars or under I may invest in the PC version also. 

EDIT: Stretch goals have been updated: if we reach 3,500,000 million dollars, there will be a physical release of Mighty No 9 on 3ds and Vita! There's also some other pones, check the kickstarter for details. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1