Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Jesus, thats $2 MILLION and almost $150,000 Capcom could have had from us if they just did something with Megaman. It just confirms that they don't see Megaman as their mascot anymore. sad really, whose ever running CoJ must be kicking himself every night for letting all that cash get away.

I wonder how the storytelling of Beck's universe is going to play out? whos the writer and what games has he/she done?

Lol Capcom would probably waste much more than 2mil on development.

If the did a Mega Man kickstarter, the first goal would probably be 20mil

Jesus, thats $2 MILLION and almost $150,000 Capcom could have had from us if they just did something with Megaman. It just confirms that they don't see Megaman as their mascot anymore. sad really, whose ever running CoJ must be kicking himself every night for letting all that cash get away.

I wonder how the storytelling of Beck's universe is going to play out? whos the writer and what games has he/she done?

Would it be $2.2 million Capcom would've gotten? Remember people are donating way more money than they would actually be paying for just the game itself. The actual number of donaters is just over 37k. For something that looks like it'd be a $10-15 game that'd be more like around $500k in actual revenue. Here you have people paying an average of about $58 each. Then again I don't know anything about economics so what do I know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would it be $2.2 million Capcom would've gotten? Remember people are donating way more money than they would actually be paying for just the game itself. The actual number of donaters is just over 37k. For something that looks like it'd be a $10-15 game that'd be more like around $500k in actual revenue. Here you have people paying an average of about $58 each. Then again I don't know anything about economics so what do I know.

Considering that every unit you sell one person is a possibility that they sell 2 or 3 units per person based on if the person likes the game or not. One thing people trust more than reviews is people that they actually know. For example, let's take Borderlands for example as it sold mainly through word of mouth instead of an extensive advertising campaign. It is true that advertising is indeed more immediate in getting sales, however, if the general quality of the game played by one person is enough to get for that one person to recommend it to others and then they in turn buy the game as well. It also works both ways as well. DmC while it got decent reviews, mainly because those reviewers weren't extensive Devil May Cry fans to begin with and ignored the technical fuckery in favor of pretty over saturated bullshit and pretentious story, undersold it's target because of the negative attitude from the fans because those fans told their friends that the game blew and etc.

When you are selling a product to someone, you have to realize that you are most likely selling it to a network of people. If your shit is good, then expect that happy customer to tell others about it. If your shit is shit, then expect that disgruntled customer to be angry about it and disparage it. Now imagine if those 57K that donated to his game(if the average donation is correct, then they already purchased the game through donation rewards) bought the game and let's say that they liked it and told their friends. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that every unit you sell one person is a possibility that they sell 2 or 3 units per person based on if the person likes the game or not. One thing people trust more than reviews is people that they actually know. For example, let's take Borderlands for example as it sold mainly through word of mouth instead of an extensive advertising campaign. It is true that advertising is indeed more immediate in getting sales, however, if the general quality of the game played by one person is enough to get for that one person to recommend it to others and then they in turn buy the game as well. It also works both ways as well. DmC while it got decent reviews, mainly because those reviewers weren't extensive Devil May Cry fans to begin with and ignored the technical fuckery in favor of pretty over saturated bullshit and pretentious story, undersold it's target because of the negative attitude from the fans because those fans told their friends that the game blew and etc.

When you are selling a product to someone, you have to realize that you are most likely selling it to a network of people. If your shit is good, then expect that happy customer to tell others about it. If your shit is shit, then expect that disgruntled customer to be angry about it and disparage it. Now imagine if those 57K that donated to his game(if the average donation is correct, then they already purchased the game through donation rewards) bought the game and let's say that they liked it and told their friends. 

A sound theory, but also remember we're still in the Kickstarter phase. The 1 individual most likely spread the word to his/her "network of friends" to donate NOW, as opposed to waiting to buy the game later. So that 57k most likely already consists of a multitude of "networks."

I do suspect there's still a large number of people who for whatever reason won't ever donate to the Kickstarter and will just buy the game itself when it comes out. How big that number is compared to the current number of actual donaters is I have no idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally like Mighty No. 3's first concept design more than her final design, the one with the metal prongs on her head similar to a plug. However I am glad they went a different direction with the character. I betcha the lightning rods on her head will either absorb electricity so she can heal herself or she'll use her most strongest attack at full power or something.

Seriously? No one's awake to throw a fangasm over it hitting $2.2 million?

Also no one made a topic for the Mutant Football League revival Kickstarter?

Edited by Yong

Sweet we're getting a console port of the game! :D At this point, I am very content and even if we don't reach the other goals I will be fine. I can now play it on the Wii U since I plan on getting one really soon. (I could get it for my 360 but I am not sure if it will last that long... :V) Already posted about this over at my forum. ;)

Challenge Mode stretch goal has been met.

Very nice, I'm sure we will hit 1 more stretch goal but other then that I think were pretty much at our limit here.

I dunno, the addition of Paypal donations has give a significant push. We're practically halfway to the next stretch goal when you add the 2 together.

Very nice, I'm sure we will hit 1 more stretch goal but other then that I think were pretty much at our limit here.

Apparently there is always a surge when a popular Kickstarter is almost over, so lets see.

tumblr_mtmahjUb7H1r4y9zko1_1280.jpgSo there was a Q and A earlier............and apparently they said that there will be a Zero-type character (Sorry could not find a better image).

Was anything else significant said at the Q and A? 

It's probably going to be an enemy, or else Beck and Call mode would be Beck and Not!Zero mode.

But who knows, maybe it's one of those ??????? stretch goals.