Awoo.

Mighty No.9 - New Inafune title!

Meow

Seeing it come to multiple platforms would be great. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a Vita release as well.

A Vita version would be pretty cool, maybe when the game is out and starts selling they can use that profit to make it.

A Vita version would be pretty cool, maybe when the game is out and starts selling they can use that profit to make it.

exactly, first things first though, seeing the game coming out is great for now. Next is console release and who knows after that.

exactly, first things first though, seeing the game coming out is great for now. Next is console release and who knows after that.

Maybe after the console release stretch goal they should do a PS4/Xbox One/Vita stretch goal for $4-5 million. It can happen if we reach the console release stretch goal before halfway through the deadline.

Edited by KrazyBean

Maybe after the console release stretch goal they should do a PS4/Xbox One/Vita stretch goal for $4-5 million. It can happen if we reach the console release stretch goal before halfway through the deadline.

isn't the game not coming out for like another 2 years? It should be on the ps4, xbox one at that point if they made enough for a console release shouldn't it? Given, i will still have my Ps3 at that point anyway

• Thumbs Up 2

Does seem really odd that they're aiming for what will soon to be last gen consoles. Maybe the choice of platforms to develop on will change down the road.

---

Anyway I'll shed a single tear for the missed opportunity for a talented man like Inafune to put his efforts towards something original. What I'm finding myself more upset about is that from what I'm seeing, is Megaman is now truly dead. Not because some "evil corporation" hasn't made any plans to create a new game within the near future, but because the fans have given up on him. In their minds, he is dead, if all the fanart I've seen is anything to go by.

isn't the game not coming out for like another 2 years? It should be on the ps4, xbox one at that point if they made enough for a console release shouldn't it? Given, i will still have my Ps3 at that point anyway

I would love to see it on next-gen consoles but this game will probably not be a straining game on current-gen hardware and will look beautiful. I'm playing this on the Wii U if it does reach the goal, which looks like it will because it has over $992 right now! Insane...almost a million within one and a half days!

Also. Picture is from here http://gomigomipomi.tumblr.com/post/60098947964/i-might-be-busy-but-im-still-gonna-whip-up-a

tumblr_msihl5b6M41qhv8w1o1_r1_500.jpg

And Keiji Inafune has taken input from a person who wanted stretch goals for separate campaigns for Beck and Call, Co-op and multiple difficulty levels. Good stuff.

Lastly, AngryJoe has made a video about Mighty No.9, so this should help spread the word a lot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkcEQXQaQ6E

Edited by KrazyBean

What breathtaking progress it's had, maybe I won't need to donate at all.. but I still want to I think. I really want Capcom to feel a sting for this, for all the fans around the world happily throwing their money at this, and all the times Capcom has screwed those fans over lately. Capcom could be getting this money themselves if they took their heads out of their asses for a second, but no, they practically abandoned millions of dedicated fans, and if fans move on then it's Capcom's own damn fault. Good on Inafune, I hope Mighty No. 9 becomes something huge someday and Inafune gets to build and shape it into the series he's always wanted to make, it deserves to.

Man I would have a really hard time deciding between Wii U and 3DS.. I think I'd go for Wii U because beautiful HD hand-drawn sprites.

Also here's a really heartbreaking comic strip;

-HPANV.png

Godspeed Mighty No. 9.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 5

What breathtaking progress it's had, maybe I won't need to donate at all.. but I still want to I think. I really want Capcom to feel a sting for this, for all the fans around the world happily throwing their money at this, Capcom could be getting this money themselves, but no, they practically abandoned millions of dedicated fans, if fans move on then it's their own damn fault. Good on Inafune, I hope Mighty No. 9 becomes something huge someday, it deserves to.

Man I would have a really hard time deciding between Wii U and 3DS.. I think I'd go for Wii U because beautiful HD hand-drawn sprites.

Also here's a really heartbreaking comic strip;

-HPANV.png

Godspeed Mighty No. 9.

Wasn't it said in the Kickstarter that the game would be 2.5D with actual 3d models though?

Wasn't it said in the Kickstarter that the game would be 2.5D with actual 3d models though?

Yeah, I was under that impression too seeing a 3D model being worked on in clip of the game being developed.

Does seem really odd that they're aiming for what will soon to be last gen consoles. Maybe the choice of platforms to develop on will change down the road.

---

Anyway I'll shed a single tear for the missed opportunity for a talented man like Inafune to put his efforts towards something original. What I'm finding myself more upset about is that from what I'm seeing, is Megaman is now truly dead. Not because some "evil corporation" hasn't made any plans to create a new game within the near future, but because the fans have given up on him. In their minds, he is dead, if all the fanart I've seen is anything to go by.

Mega Man's not dead. People might worry about that kind of thing a lot (see above comic), some people really do feel betrayed, and maybe a group of people do think that the series has no future. But what this game proves to me is that there are still a ton of others who care about the series enough to talk about and openly support something similar from the same creator. It's really a love for Mega Man that's driving this entire fundraiser, and I'm hoping Capcom recognizes this. 

And Mega Man is still gonna be in the new Smash Bros. That's such a big deal. This series isn't over at all.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'm not sure, it's worth noting that most hand-drawn games nowadays start off using models as a basis for animations and frames and stuff.

For example Skullgirls goes through models in characters' early stages, the models are drawn over and then sprites are made. I'm hoping it's like that.

Welp just threw down 20 on this project, after my next paycheck I'll up the amount if I don't need it for anything else.

yeah, I wouldn't say MM is dead by a long shot. Hopefully they're not BSing at Capcom when they said they got something planned for little boy blue in the near future. Hopefully someone very important at Capcom is looking at the pledge amount with his hands in his face all Gendo Ikari style thinking to him or herself "..........................................................fuck."

Lovin' the massive response. One million in ~24 hours, they'll have to start adding new tiers at this pace lol

That $1 million could've been yours Capcom, but noooooooooooo.

It'd cost them like ten times that tho.

because that's what Ninja Theory charges huehuehue

• Thumbs Up 3

Mega Man's not dead. People might worry about that kind of thing a lot (see above comic), some people really do feel betrayed, and maybe a group of people do think that the series has no future. But what this game proves to me is that there are still a ton of others who care about the series enough to talk about and openly support something similar from the same creator. It's really a love for Mega Man that's driving this entire fundraiser, and I'm hoping Capcom recognizes this. 

And Mega Man is still gonna be in the new Smash Bros. That's such a big deal. This series isn't over at all.

I get the nagging feeling though that support for Inafune is going to be what seals Megaman's fate. I know many fans are not going to care if "Crapcom" were to release another Megaman game when they have Inafune making the "real Megaman."  And it's highly likely Inafune himself believes Megaman should fade out so that he'll have 100% support for his creation, if the fact that the character designs look so much like the Megaman designs is anything to go by.

• Thumbs Up 1