Awoo.

Archie's Mega Man - Discussion Thread

Jeffhog

I've never played the games and I know little to nothing about the X games, but from the artwork I've seen, I think that does look like Vile

It could very well be Vile. Dr. Cain did build Reploids based off his findings of X, though I always figured Sigma would be his first creation. If it is Vile, this could bridge some relationship between him and X before Vile went Maverick. I hope they'll also have time to establish some relationship between X and Dr. Cain. I've always wondered what their relationship was like since X probably barely remembers his "father" and Cain could've very well acted as some sort of foster father-figure. 

Even though I'm admittedly a bigger fan of the Classic series than X, I still can't deny that this will be awesome, and plan on getting both covers when they come out.

It might be Zero. Reasons why in spoilers:

In X1, Zero "dies" at the end, and in X2, X has to find his new parts throughout certain levels to bring him back to life. Well, that's the simplified version, anyway.

Edit: Actually, looking at his shoulder pads, I'm not sure who it is. The pads look different from Zero's updated look in X2, so...*shoulder shrug*

It might be Zero. Reasons why in spoilers:

In X1, Zero "dies" at the end, and in X2, X has to find his new parts throughout certain levels to bring him back to life. Well, that's the simplified version, anyway.

Edit: Actually, looking at his shoulder pads, I'm not sure who it is. The pads look different from Zero's updated look in X2, so...*shoulder shrug*

Very unlikely its Zero, since this comic is taking place before the day of sigma

It seems like just like Mega Man was just Light's assistant before Wily attacked, X is going to be Cain's assistant, until Sigma starts the Maverick Wars... It's actually a pretty nice parallel if that's the case.

I am pretty sure that's not Vile they're building. Vile is never seen sporting typical Megaman "briefs", but instead wears something like a black jumpsuit, where this guy here is definitely sporting some nice brief-like armor. Not too sure who it could be, though!

And man is that preview wonderful. Considering how VERY impressive the comic has been over the past two years, I have no doubt the MMX side story is going to be just as good, art-wise and story-wise. Cannot wait to see the final result!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/bbbb56b43893f6d69157b033b53ba549/tumblr_n08f0mrEfP1qlcib9o1_500.jpg. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES ahem so yeah it's happening

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/30/mega-man-x-teaser here's the IGN article

So are we looking at a Mega Man X mini-series in the near future? Or perhaps an on-going book to run along side the main book? Either way, sounds cool, I might have to start picking up the Mega Man comics.

2 Mega Man X back up stories which will lead into a crossover and hopefully a spinoff book hopefully

2 Mega Man X back up stories which will lead into a crossover and hopefully a spinoff book hopefully

Oh I see. So those are the upcoming back-ups I heard about recently (#34-35), and then there's a crossover event in the Spring? Well, I'll definitely keep my eyes on this. Probably should make sure to add Mega Man to my pull-list for a few months.

Eh, another crossover. Seems like a big new Marvel Event every few months in Mega Man.

now we need a major character to act out of character and somebody needs to die and brought back to life six months later

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy. I can't believe we're getting another crossover already! I'm honestly very excited for this. Mega Man X is one of my favorite games and seeing we're getting a comic adaption by Ian Flynn excites me a lot. I sorta guessed we would have a Mega Man X crossover as soon as the backup stories were announced and the solicits mentioned preparation for the next big Mega Man crossover. The covers look fantastic and seeing as Archie is hyping this up just like Worlds Collide, I'd love to see a subscription option available for the variant covers just like how they did with Worlds Collide. Now one thing is a bit confusing. Doesn't Mega Man X take place much further in the future after the classic Mega Man series? Which is why we see Dr. Light holograms in the games. I assume he's dead after all the time that's passed. Considering this is a crossover I wonder how they'll explain the story of them meeting each other. Perhaps there will be some sort of time rift? Either way I'm excited for this! The Mega Man comics never disappoint!

I kind of get the feeling that this won't exactly be the same kind of 'crossover' we saw with Worlds Collide, but we'll see.

So... No ones gotten #34 yet? It's delayed? sad.png

Nope. I don't even recall Archie themselves announcing its release on Facebook or Twitter. Probably gonna wait a bit longer for #34. 

I believe it's supposed to come next week.

I don't think there was a delay, just that the comic would be coming out the third week of each month instead of the first week like it used to.

There's a 2 week gap between sonic and mega man. Sonic 257 came out 2 days ago mega man 34 should be out 2 weeks from now

There's a 2 week gap between sonic and mega man. Sonic 257 came out 2 days ago mega man 34 should be out 2 weeks from now

Actually, between STH and the mega man comics, it's only 1 week, then SU comes out a week after the mega man comic

Sorry for the double post, but the variant for #37's been revealed, and it's the first villains variant since #13! (I think)

mmvariantcover610.jpg

Okay, this is even more scary than Wily on #32's cover...unsure.png

Also, I got my copies of SU #60 and STH #257, but I forgot to ask when MM #34's out... the list for comics next week should be on their website today or tomorrow, so I'll update on the release date wink.png

EDIT: Bad news... #34 is delayed... the 2nd worlds collide graphic novel isn't coming out this week either... :(