Awoo.

Archie's Mega Man - Discussion Thread

Jeffhog

Mega man: first you stole my spot in street fighter x tekken now your trying to steal my comic why are you doing this?

Bad box art MM: this is my destiny

Mega man: raaagh

Perhaps there will be a mental fight between different parts of his concisioness, one of them being bad box art megaman XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Also just want to point out Ian said there are people at Capcom who are trying to make the fans happy and saying that Capcom as a whole hates mega man is an understatement

I never said Capcom as a whole hates Mega Man. Didn't I admit and agree about Capcom of America is trying to get the series back into popularity?

Mega man: first you stole my spot in street fighter x tekken now your trying to steal my comic why are you doing this?

Bad box art MM: this is my destiny

Mega man: raaagh

Also just want to point out Ian said there are people at Capcom who are trying to make the fans happy and saying that Capcom as a whole hates mega man is an understatement

Perhaps there will be a mental fight between different parts of his concisioness, one of them being bad box art megaman XD

blink.png blink.png blink.png

.......I think I know what I have to do for the next Comic-Con. I don't know how I'll do it or even if I could....but I must draw this!!!

INTERNAL STRUGGLE MEGA MAN, STAGE 1, START!!

blink.png blink.png blink.png

.......I think I know what I have to do for the next Comic-Con. I don't know how I'll do it or even if I could....but I must draw this!!!

INTERNAL STRUGGLE MEGA MAN, STAGE 1, START!!

trick is though is that you would need other parts of his conciousness as well in different forms if you wanted it truly epic, now wheter they are other forms of him, or modified versions of friends or enemies(or himself mixed with them)

trick is though is that you would need other parts of his conciousness as well in different forms if you wanted it truly epic, now wheter they are other forms of him, or modified versions of friends or enemies(or himself mixed with them)

Dammit, I already laid out my pencils, don't make this any harder!

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

que the Queen music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GugsCdLHm-Q

...unsure.png oops sorry. Wrong one, better go fix that.

Edited by FalconKick

Description time!

MEGA MAN #33

The critically acclaimed Mega Man series continues with the dramatic, action-packed epilogue to the “BLACKOUT: THE CURSE OF RA MOON” storyline in, “Unplugged”! The battle against the sinister alien being known as Ra Moon has ended, and Mega Man’s final fate remains in doubt! With major repairs looming, and Rock’s future as a super fighting robot in question, Dr. Light must work to restore our hero to his former glory. This may be a job that even Dr. Light can’t handle, but at least he’s got some help from his trusty pal Dr. Wily. WAIT A MINUTE—DR. WILY?! Why on earth is the evil scientist helping to save the Blue Bomber? And how far will Dr. Wily go to remain free? Featuring cover art from Brent McCarthy and a special “BOX ART MEGA MAN” variant cover from Mega Man artist supreme Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante!
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Brent McCarthy, Gary Martin, John Workman and Matt Herms
Cover: Brent McCarthy
“BOX ART MEGA MAN” Variant cover: Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante
Shipping Date: 12/25
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 1/8
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US.

Also better quality covers

rYkuVub.jpgPOZLSRp.jpg

So, I got #29 today. Not as dark as the last one, but still quite serious throughout. Some good moments were:

-How Cut Man didn't make as many puns as he usually does though considering the serious tone this story has, that wouldn't be as appropriate. I personally never found them annoying, but it's good to see his dialogue doesn't revolve around making puns. I liked this interaction though:

*While they're carrying Guts Man*

Cut Man: Too...heavy...to...make...pun.

Bomb Man: Good!

-The brief reunion between Light and Break Man was nice. Blues showing regret for what he did to Roll and begrudgingly giving Light what he needed to help get Rock and the others back online.

-Break Man getting pissed at Wily for what has happened and refusing to sit idly by while Ra Moon wreaks havoc across the world. Already foreshadowing his temporary truce with Mega Man in #31.

-Ra Thor makes an early appearance albeit still unfinished. Though I have to slightly feel sorry for people who pick up this issue with no knowledge of SAR and would easily mistake him for Bass due to the similar color scheme (black and gold) until Wily states his name on the next page.

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got the issue today

Ill start with the art. Man Mike's artwork is fantastic especially considering this is his first time drawing something Mega Man related and he's not familiar with the series this is impressive its like a perfect mix of Ben Bates and Ryan Jampole's art. Ive been told at the comic shop i go to that he works there occasionally but i have the misfortune of not running into him.

Anyway back to the issue. Its not as dark as the last issue but its still pretty serious especially with Pedro's backstory. Its pretty cool that they are taking few elements from SAR and using their own unique twist. Like Ra Moon betraying Wily from the get go, Wily building Ra Thor to 1 up Ra Moon(we all know how thats going to end up) but i think what makes it great is that its the perfect build up to MM3 and we'll actually get a good motivation for Blues to become a hero. There is just one nitpick i have and that what did Blues plan to accomplish if he beat his brother? Papa Light will just forget about them and he'll live with his one and only son?

He was just acting out of anger and jealousy rather than actually planning anything. 

Younger sibling Rock was getting all the love and attention from everyone, including Light and big brother Break Man didn't like it. Though to be fair, it's not like he knew anything about what MM did prior to justify all the praise and that he is a hero to the city. Back in #23, Wily didn't tell BM to go ruin Rock's birthday but sort of knew what would press his buttons when the broadcast came on and the interview with Light was showcased.

When he finally had Mega Man down, MM starts pleading him not to destroy his IC chip otherwise Light would be heart-broken. The main reason why Blues ran away was that he did not want his IC chip tampered with due to his life-threatening condition. So when he unintentionally put MM in that same kind of vulnerable position, he backed off and tried to run for it.

It's really less about being with Light again since he already has Wily, but more of just the fact that he was replaced and he feels that Light's memories of him were easily disposable. In #18, we see him return to Light Labs after he realized he should trust Light to fix him, but is shocked to see him lovingly hug two robot children, leaving Blues to believe that he's moved on and forgotten about him. Quite frankly, can't really blame the guy for thinking that. And then you have something like the below quote that solidifies that belief and further stomping on his once happy relationship with Light: 

"He's (Rock) a son anyone could ask for." -Dr. Light, #23.

Edited by DarkLight

It was probably just a personal vendetta/sibling rivalry thing. Younger sibling Rock was getting all the love and attention from everyone, including Light and big brother Break Man didn't like it. Though to be fair, it's not like he knew anything about what MM did prior to justify all the praise and that he is a hero to the city. Back in #23, Wily didn't tell BM to go ruin Rock's birthday but sort of knew what would press his buttons when the broadcast came on and the interview with Light was showcased.

At first he wanted to destroy Mega Man, but then MM pleaded him not to destroy his IC chip otherwise Light would be heart-broken. The main reason why Blues ran away was that he did not want his IC chip tampered with due to his life-threatening condition. So when he unintentionally put MM in that same kind of vulnerable position, he backed off and tried to run for it.

His motive was really less about being with Light again since he already has Wily, but more of just the fact that he was replaced and he feels that Light's memories of him were easily disposable. In #18, we see him return to Light Labs after he realized he should trust Light to fix him, but is shocked to see him lovingly hug two robot children, leaving Blues to believe that he's moved on and forgotten about him. Quite frankly, can't really blame the guy for thinking that. And then you have something like the below quote that solidifies that soul-crushing feeling and further stomping on his once happy relationship with Light: 

"He's (Rock) a son anyone could ask for."

-Dr. Light, #23.

That one quote is what both motivated Break Man to attack and to realize how extreme he was taking it.

Poor poor Blues..his whole life until now has been a series of misunderstood intentions and rash decisions based on unrealized doubts. If only he stop to think instead of just going on emotion, none of this would have happened and he would have been the cool big brother.

Still, I love that Flynn is writing these characters with such emotional depth; they're far more interesting than the 1 dimensional counterparts from the games. I wonder what events will propel this vengeful verssion of Blues into the cool and collected Protoman we know today?

If this issue was anything to go by, I think he's already seeing how bad Wily is when he was told about Wily's initial plan to blackmail the world leaders with the blackout. It obviously didn't turn out as he hoped. But for him to eventually turn away from Wily would have to be around or near the end of the MM3 adaptation. Since the ending to that game involved him saving MM, it wouldn't be farfetched for him to save Wily as well since the only reason he stays with doctor was because he saved him from his death.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for double-posting again, but had to share this.

Remember the possibility that MMX could get a comic? Welp, it's sort of happening.

EDIT: I'll even post the cover and variant.

megaman34rev-copyjpg-883dfc_765w.jpg

megaman34var-x-raw-art-1jpg-883dfd_948w.

EDIT 2: Yeah, sorry for dashing any hopes that this would be a separate comic and will just be a back-up story with my original post.  

Edited by DarkLight
  • Thumbs Up 1

DOUBLE-POSTING FOR INCOMING EPICNESS!

Remember the possibility that MMX could get a comic? Welp, it's happened.

382.gif

OH MY GOD IT'S HAPPENING I'M SO FUCKING STOKED! I LOVE the Mega Man X series and to see it (possibly) get a comic done by the same people doing the great Mega Man comic......................So stoked! We really need to show our support to make it an actual line of comics guys!

Edited by Chaos Warp

Remember guys we have to show our support, so if you want the comic to happen buy the issues with the back-up stories and be as vocal as you can in places they are listening!

OH FUCK YES

Considering how long comics take to progress, I'm not surprised that they're starting the X stories so early. Hopefully this opens the door to stories in the Zero, ZX and Legends series. Especially ZX.

Another cool thing about this is not only will both #34 and #35 have X story backups, but they'll both be penciled by none other than Spaz himself according to that interview.

Spaz...doing...interiors again since the first four issues of MM...*faints*

OH FUCK YES

Considering how long comics take to progress, I'm not surprised that they're starting the X stories so early. Hopefully this opens the door to stories in the Zero, ZX and Legends series. Especially ZX.

So on one end, we've got Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe.

On the other, we've got Mega Man, and now we're likely receiving Mega Man X.

hot damn that feels good

• Thumbs Up 1

Boy this is an X-traodinary suprise. Im X-cited. very X-cellent 

Boy this is an X-traodinary suprise. Im X-cited. very X-cellent 

It's very X-traordinary, you could even say it has the X-factor!

• Thumbs Up 1

They said that the back up stories are leading to something they have planned in the spring. Gee I wonder what that could be(please not another crossover)