Awoo.

Archie's Mega Man - Discussion Thread

Jeffhog

Well this is interesting I hope this is the issue where we learn about shadow Man's backstory

I'm going to bet the issue will end with Break Man appearing and ask for a temporary truce for help against Ra Moon, with Rock and the other Light Robots both shocked and hesistant about trusting him. But since he knows more about what's going on than what the MM2 Robot Masters are clearly letting on and has shown not wanting to sit by idly while the whole world suffers, that could be what leads to the team-up for next issue. Whether or not Rock will be the only one to accept his truce and the others don't is up in air.

Edited by DarkLight

Btw:

http://ryanjampole.deviantart.com/journal/poll/3969791/

Ryan Jampole is taking votes on his next Roll halloween crossover piece. if your a member of deviantART, head over their and vote! smile.png

EDIT: Oh and heres his 2nd piece, Roll as Indiana Jones:

roll_oct5_halloween_lorez_by_ryanjampole

http://ryanjampole.deviantart.com/art/Roll-Halloween-Costume-Indiana-Jones-405388930

Edited by goku262002

I am looking forward to the Mega man X back-up stories. I also cross fingers and hope that the other sub-series would be backed-up sometime in the future.

roll_halloween_costume__little_sister_by

http://ryanjampole.deviantart.com/art/Roll-Halloween-Costume-Little-Sister-405032814

Ryan Jampole is fucking awsome. Glad he works on the Megaman comic.

Quite a clever idea. Love the idea of Roll as a Little Sister

Hey guys here's the mega man section of the archie panel from comic con

We got X!

Finally got THIS sucker in the mail:

*Image removed to conserve bandwidth*

More peeks and the full story below:

*Images removed to conserve bandwidth*

Mega, Cutsy, Gutsy, and Bombs disable the first four MM2 Robot Masters (But not before Bomb Man's arms are damaged) and Rock decides to spare them this time, not wanting to "go overboard again." Meanwhile, back with Blues and Wily, the red robot delivers food to the fatigued scientist and informs him that Mega Man is here. Wily, impressed by Light's ability to adapt his creations to the E.M.P. wave, gives Blues new orders to keep an eye on Rock's progress through the ruins and see if he can tell if ALL of the Wily Numbers have really been turned by Ra Moon or not while he redoubles his efforts on Ra Thor. (He logics that the MM2 dudes that attacked might still just have an old axe to grind with Rock.)

Rock's squad radios Dr. Light, who tells them that Roll is stable, but that they should hurry, as only a few Robot Masters can't handle damage control from this crisis alone. Rock and company head out to search the rest of the ruins and run into Crash Man, Air Man, and Wood Man. During a small tussle, Rock tells Wood Man all about the E.M.P. crisis and he calls off his brothers, reasoning that this was NOT Wily's plan at all. After a brief discussion, the three MM2 robots decide to join them in their investigation of the ruins. However, unbeknownst to them, Quick Man and Shadow Man are monitoring them from a bush. Quick Man, still fighting for Wily's side, asks the ninjabot if Rock's telling the truth or not, but he replies by just stabbing him with his Shadow Blade and attacking the group.

After the group is overwhelmed by Shadow Man's ninja skill, Quick Man comes to the rescue and Crash Man is able to take him by surprise with a Crash Bomb, causing him to stumble off in a damaged state. Since Quick Man was damaged by the Shadow Blade, Rock decides that it's a good time to seek shelter and survey the damage. Quickie tells Rock all about Wily's second wave of Robot Masters guarding Ra Moon and the blue bomber says that they'll deal with them later, finishing some temporary repairs on the crimson speedster to prevent power leakage. Quick Man asks WHY he would save him after all that he's done to him and Rock says that since he kinda totally destroyed him the last time they met, they're even. Suddenly, the group is startled by Blues' whistle, which signals Break Man's arrival at the shelter spot.

Rock, understandably still confused over the whole "He may be your brother, but he also kinda shot your sister" debacle, questions him of his motives, but he declines answering those questions for now as they aren't relevant to the situation at hand. Wood Man asks why Shadow Man turned against them and Break Man reveals that while the MM2 bots were duplicated by Ra Moon from Wily's own data back-ups, the MM3 bots were built from scratch, making them susceptible to the beast's control. Blues offers to lead them to an underground chamber so they can bypass all of the third Wily numbers and tells them that Dr. Wily is working on a countermeasure just in case Rock fails. After some understandable trust issues between Rock and Break Man, they decide to accept Blues' offer, Mega Man going with Guts and Rush through the underground passage while Cut and Bombs stay at the shelter to repair the remaining unturned Wily bots. However, unbeknownst to them, they're being spied on by a wallbound Search Snake, which tells a faraway Snake Man and Needle Man ALL about their little plan. While Needle Man proposes making a truce with them since the world is at stake and all, they're both quickly fully taken over by Ra Moon, ending the issue. There's also a humorous Short Circuits strip relating to 'Ol Needles.

Enjoy! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah seems like both subcribers and comic shops were having a hard time getting the issue

• 3 weeks later...

So Ryan Jampole made this:

Watch this adorableness.

• Thumbs Up 2

Holy crap they got Michell Knotz(Jessise,May and Nurse Joy) to voice roll? Dang

Sorry i'm posting a lot but i've watched a review of #31, so i should point out the moments that stood out the most to me

I'm gonna start off by saying that we have a debut of another MM6 robot master, DWN 042 Centaur man! he's seen saving people from drowning we also see more robot masters helping people from the panels shown, we have Quake Woman drilling a door down to save people, elec man providing electricity so chefs can cook food (it's hard to describe how happy I am to see him FINALLY appear in the main comics!

biggrin.png) and lastly, time man helping surgeons. I should also point out that Plant man's serial number in the comics actually DAN 001

The fight with Gemini man is my favourite one of this arc so far his clone actually snaps the real GM back from Ra moons control! After that, Break man, Bomb man and cut man appear with all the MM2 robot masters and they blast a temple wall and come acrss Ra Moon with the MM3 robot masters, and just like WC9, it's a war! Wily releases Ra Thor, except it comes under ra moons control, so now everyone has to fight it.

Heres the link to the review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IqvwDW0_Nk

Edited by Pearl98

So far, this comic has been the "Spectacular Spider-Man" of Mega Man. Although, I have one fear. Since Capcom's going bankrupt, I can imagine the comic getting cancelled, along with the upcoming X series, unless Nintendo buys the rights to Mega Man and allows Archie to continue the series. Hell, if that happens, I can imagine a Metroid or Legend of Zelda coming to existence. I doubt it, but I don't want this series to be cancelled. It's amazing.