Awoo.

Archie's Mega Man - Discussion Thread

Jeffhog

So far, this comic has been the "Spectacular Spider-Man" of Mega Man. Although, I have one fear. Since Capcom's going bankrupt, I can imagine the comic getting cancelled, along with the upcoming X series, unless Nintendo buys the rights to Mega Man and allows Archie to continue the series. Hell, if that happens, I can imagine a Metroid or Legend of Zelda coming to existence. I doubt it, but I don't want this series to be cancelled. It's amazing. 

I don't know a company who wouldn't want to buy Mega Man off them, honestly. He's one of those IPs that has a massive range and if anything, I'd think Nintendo would pick him up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sigh.....this makes me very sad because if nintendo buys the IP the comic well be cancelled since they have a strong vendetta torwards the western market if by some great act by God nintendo allows Archie to make comics based off their stuff i will ....record myself run around my neighborhood jumping for joy like an idiot but that will never happen

Sigh.....this makes me very sad because if nintendo buys the IP the comic well be cancelled since they have a strong vendetta torwards the western market if by some great act by God nintendo allows Archie to make comics based off their stuff i will ....record myself run around my neighborhood jumping for joy like an idiot but that will never happen

That's because Nintendo's stubborn like that. 

I can see an alternative to this: If there's enough fan support, there could be a online continuation, much like Sonic the Comic Online. 

Hell, I'd write for the comic if I could. Seriously, who wouldn't want Nintendo comics? 

1313223_ful.jpg

1313222_ful.jpg

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Gary Martin & Various (CA) Patrick Spaz Spaziante

This is it! The issue every Mega-fan has been demanding! The debut of Mega Man X! But first, in 'Shadow of the Moon' Part One: Mega Man joins a research team seeking the truth behind Dr. Wily and Ra Moon. But how far will they get when Shadow Man goes on the attack? Then, in 'The X Factor' Part One: jump 100 years into the future as Dr. Cain discovers Dr. Light's final, greatest creation - Mega Man X! Featuring pencils by the returning Mega Man art legend Patrick 'Spaz' Spaziante! The road to the next big mega-crossover starts here, featuring an exclusive Mega Man X variant cover by superstar artist Ben Bates!

The road to the next big mega-crossover starts here

The road to the next big mega-crossover starts here

the next big mega-crossover 

oh boy :D

• Thumbs Up 4

1313223_ful.jpg

1313222_ful.jpg

oh boy biggrin.png

I think they mean in the sense that until huge positive feedback comes in, the X side stories will be in the main book. Still, if they do crossover, does this mean that we'll have another "Mega X" or cancelled Dreamwave comic idea? If we're throwing in Dreamwave elements, where's the school?

No they said that they have something planned for Spring/Summer so I'm guessing Classic meets X is that. Also they can't use dream wave(no Rocky please)

• 3 weeks later...

Good news, MM #32 isn't delayed biggrin.png I asked my comic shop if any sonic or mega man comics are coming next week, and they said that 32's coming out smile.png

Speaking of #32, I just got it and took a couple of choice spoiler shots from the end of it. (The second is particularly interesting.):

20131205_145546_zps41fea0a6.jpg

20131205_145449_zpsdf440ef2.jpg

Is that a temporary ally Wily that Dr. Light could be led to think has changed enough to help him co-build a certain giant peace-keeping robot and STARDROIDS that I smell? Oh, I do believe that it is.

biggrin.png

Wait 32 comes out on Wednesday? Holy crap that's my birthday sooo yay

Speaking of #32, I just got it and took a couple of choice spoiler shots from the end of it. (The second is particularly interesting.):

20131205_145546_zps41fea0a6.jpg

20131205_145449_zpsdf440ef2.jpg

Is that a temporary ally Wily that Dr. Light could be led to think has changed enough to help him co-build a certain giant peace-keeping robot and STARDROIDS that I smell? Oh, I do believe that it is.

biggrin.png

The stardroids are coming huh? Also, it's good to see Roll's awake

:D Actually, if it isn't too much trouble, can you post the scene where she wakes up? I loved that scene in SAR and I want to see how well it was done in the comic :)

There isn't so much a scene of her waking up. After Rock gives Ra Moon a double dose of Mega Buster and conks out, the scene just cuts to days later when she's already awake, Light is resting, and the Robot Masters are helping with the relief efforts.

OOOOOOOH, Stardroids be a comin'.  

I mean yeah, it was a given they'd be included as antagonists at some point (thanks for that, recreation of MM V's opening in #20), but them being Ra Moon's 'children' or havoc bringers that will come to avenge him actually makes sense for them to come to Earth.

And since they are leading up to Wily and Light's eventual team-up on building Gamma, I speculate the Stardroids won't come around until after the MM3 arc, which could have a post-reprogrammed Gamma be a valuable ally against them. It always seemed weird to me that he never became a reoccurring presence or cameo in the series, so the idea of seeing him as a potential ally for MM when bigger threats come around could be cool to see.

Preview pages for #32 have arrived biggrin.png

MegaMan_32-2-3-noscale.jpg

MegaMan_32-1-noscale.jpg

MegaMan_32-4-noscale.jpg

MegaMan_32-7-noscale.jpg

EDIT: I'm not exactly sure what the order of the pages are, on another website it has the page with Mega man and Wily first, then the double pages... I'll fix the order when i get my copy of the issue tomorrow

• Thumbs Up 2

I have I feel that the last page in the previews is meant to be the second page

The covers for MM #35 have been released!

035.png

035-V1.png

Wow, turns out Ben bates penciled, inked and coloured this amazing Zero variant! :D 

The solicit isn't out yet, but it should come in the next few days