Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Yeah, unfortunately I myself see no use in tourneys if they're online only. I usually have only fought my closest online friends at Smash, and since not all of them are around at the same time, that means normal Smash matches work best for us.

While the YouTube uploading feature will be more convenient, the fact that it's limited to 30fps bothers me. Especially since it's not in the 3DS version, so they should not have been anchored by technical limitations as much.

I will buy the stages as well as fighters that get added, as that's significant content. So far I've gotten the collections, so I have the costumes as well, even if they're only cosmetic. Smash is one game I try to get all the content for.

Well, there's ONE good thing about the K.K. Slider Outfit being free:

col__bluegrass_mii_with_qr_code_by_yoshi

I can finally make good use of my Col. Bluegrass Mii I recently created. I gave him the Wild West hat, and the K.K. Slider Outfit. He may use an Acoustic Guitar to blast lasers, but at least it's a reasonable facsimile of his weapon "Hot Licks." He plays the awesome guitar solo in the Silverhawks Intro!

Even if Snake is popular in that one poll there's no way he's coming back, especially now that Kojima is leaving Konami.

Let it go, it's not happening. =[

So, I hear the tournament mode is online only? What the hell?

Tourney and Tournament are two different things. One of them's the same as in Melee and Brawl, the other's like those MK8 tournament community things.

Well I found this on Twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-O85pMpzNU&feature=youtu.be

So the American version might be coming soon.

Huuh:huh:, its already have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kERaZDelEYQ

EDIT: Damn it, Cykes dono!

Either way, i tried the Youtube fonctionnality and here is the results:

Edited by Nexthehedgehog

I mean, K. Rool was highly requested, but I don't even remember seeing Lloyd or much less the Flying Man in the ballot surveys at all.

I'm kinda glad though because I had little hope for Lloyd, but now I can actually play as him, even if it isn't through a fleshed out and unique moveset. Still... I'm not sure whether to be glad that Isaac and Wolf aren't mii costumes to draw attention to the fact that people want them in, or to be angry about the slim chance that they don't make it in at all.

I don't see Wolf getting a Mii costume if he's not added as playable, simply because Sakurai doesn't like to consider that as a "replacement" for the character. I can only see a Wolf costume getting added if Wolf is also playable.

The debate on the Mii costumes is definitely an oddity. Currently, we have no idea what it actually means. Most seem to think the character won't get added later, but honestly, I don't really think that's the case. In fact, I'm honestly more worried about Isaac now. I almost feel like he needs to have a costume otherwise he'll just get overlooked.

As for Lloyd, he was decently requested, but he was likely never high in the ballot because Pac-Man was already in the game. Flying Man definitely has nothing to do with the ballot either, he was probably added because they already have him as a role in the game (and I doubt K. Rool does; he was highly requested long before the ballot ever came into the picture as well, the ballot just brought more attention to him).

Black Knight was another character I saw who was decently requested.

Anyway, I got Rool, Lloyd, Chrom, Black Knight, both new stages (I didn't get the old ones), and later bought Link (so I could use his tunic to create another character that wears a similar tunic...). Unfortunately I don't have green hair to give her... *sigh*

• Thumbs Up 2

Man Mii Costumes just really don't interest me at the end of the day because I just don't find Mii Fighters that enjoyable to play as.  Like I can't get into the mindset of even vaguely pretending it is satisfying to play as these "characters" when they have generic movesets that don't really relate to them at all etc.  It was a cool idea but just didn't appeal to me personally in the end.

Also, does anyone know if the Youtube Uploading feature will be included for 3DS too?

The game is required to record the replays as video files to do this, which is a massive resource hog for a computing device.  The 3DS would never be able to handle such a feature unfortunately.

So is Tournament mode really online only?  I thought Tourneys and Tournaments were seperate things, Tourney being the online version and Tournament being the traditional mode.  Sucks if so, on Melee and Brawl I used to love just making a tourney of CPU players as my friends' characters, putting their names on them (didn't affect their stats when it was CPUs in control), and having sort of imaginary tournaments against them all as a more fun way to casually play CPU matches than just setting up random single games.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a little disappointing the Tournament Mode seems to be an online only thing so far. People who play these games still have friends over, it would have been nice to be able to set this up locally like what Brawl ended up having. I don't see why they didn't just end up bringing something like that back, it had pretty much everything a Tournament Mode needed anyways.

As for the Mii fighters, I may not be crazy about them, but it is a nice way of them included nods to other series. Lloyd being a playable character maybe was a bit of a long shot, but his Mii costume looks great! I can understand fans being disappointed that they have to resort to premade movesets with a different coat of paint on it, but there's no way they could appeal to everyone.

When it comes to King K. Rool, jeez, I honestly have no idea where the fanbase for this guy even came from. He's hardly that major or even interesting in the Donkey Kong universe and have there really ever been that many people who really wanted him in a Smash game before now? I seriously don't get it. Maybe he's more well known than other characters who made it in like Shulk, but it seems completely out no where for this guy to suddenly get so much interest and demand for. I personally don't want him in because I don't care for him and the slot could be used for someone with a more interesting moveset, and as much of a petty reason as this might seem..wow, he's ugly. It would seen jarring compared to other Smash characters. Obviously he's making an affect in the ballots, so we'll see if this Mii costume is really the end of him or not, but I'm kind of hoping it is. We'll see how "fans" of King K. Rool react to this.

It's a little disappointing the Tournament Mode seems to be an online only thing so far. People who play these games still have friends over, it would have been nice to be able to set this up locally like what Brawl ended up having. I don't see why they didn't just end up bringing something like that back, it had pretty much everything a Tournament Mode needed anyways.

As for the Mii fighters, I may not be crazy about them, but it is a nice way of them included nods to other series. Lloyd being a playable character maybe was a bit of a long shot, but his Mii costume looks great! I can understand fans being disappointed that they have to resort to premade movesets with a different coat of paint on it, but there's no way they could appeal to everyone.

When it comes to King K. Rool, jeez, I honestly have no idea where the fanbase for this guy even came from. He's hardly that major or even interesting in the Donkey Kong universe and have there really ever been that many people who really wanted him in a Smash game before now? I seriously don't get it. Maybe he's more well known than other characters who made it in like Shulk, but it seems completely out no where for this guy to suddenly get so much interest and demand for. I personally don't want him in because I don't care for him and the slot could be used for someone with a more interesting moveset, and as much of a petty reason as this might seem..wow, he's ugly. It would seen jarring compared to other Smash characters. Obviously he's making an affect in the ballots, so we'll see if this Mii costume is really the end of him or not, but I'm kind of hoping it is. We'll see how "fans" of King K. Rool react to this.

The Kremlings are many, and the movement has been strong since melee, and really moving since brawl. Also never say he can't have an interesting moveset, go here there's about 50 moveset ideas that are all unique that would counteract that http://smashboards.com/threads/k-rools-kremling-kutthroats-get-onto-smashbros-com-and-krocthevote-time-for-our-finest-hour.324259/ . Also, he has the most appearances in the series outside of DK himself, or comes pretty close

The Kremlings are many, and the movement has been strong since melee, and really moving since brawl. Also never say he can't have an interesting moveset, go here there's about 50 moveset ideas that are all unique that would counteract that http://smashboards.com/threads/k-rools-kremling-kutthroats-get-onto-smashbros-com-and-krocthevote-time-for-our-finest-hour.324259/ . Also, he has the most appearances in the series outside of DK himself, or comes pretty close

Okay fair enough, I have to admit that those are some good points and I can't deny the work put into that post along with the 1,000,000+ views it has along with it. I don't know, maybe I'm just not fond of the character myself. I like DK games and all, but I'd just like the spot being used for someone else.

I guess complaints about possible movesets in a Smash Bros game is ridiculous when they manage to give someone like Duck Hunt Dog something to work with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay fair enough, I have to admit that those are some good points and I can't deny the work put into that post along with the 1,000,000+ views it has along with it. I don't know, maybe I'm just not fond of the character myself. I like DK games and all, but I'd just like the spot being used for someone else.

I guess complaints about possible movesets in a Smash Bros game is ridiculous when they manage to give someone like Duck Hunt Dog something to work with.

Hey dude, I understand, some characters appeal to some over others, I for one can't get the appeal for Bandanna Dee or shovel Knight(though at least the former actually has the history with Nintendo to be in smash). But Just because you can't see a moveset doesn't mean someone else can't come up with a great one.

Hey dude, I understand, some characters appeal to some over others, I for one can't get the appeal for Bandanna Dee or shovel Knight(though at least the former actually has the history with Nintendo to be in smash). But Just because you can't see a moveset doesn't mean someone else can't come up with a great one.

I don't understand the hype behind Bandana Dee either. I think Shovel Knight would be interesting, but I feel like people took the idea of third party characters and want even more of those now. They're cool to see in the game, but I imagine it can only be easier for Nintendo to work with their own characters.

But you're definitely right about the moveset thing, ever since the ballot kicked in, people have been coming out with art for movesets for so many characters, it's actually pretty awesome.

Edited by wingedarcher7

I don't understand the hype behind Bandana Dee either. I think Shovel Knight would be interesting, but I feel like people took the idea of third party characters and want even more of those now. They're cool to see in the game, but I imagine it can only be easier for Nintendo to work with their own characters.

But you're definitely right about the moveset thing, ever since the ballot kicked in, people have been coming out with art for movesets for so many characters, it's actually pretty awesome.

I love K. Rool for his personality and his constant great characterization. Whereas the Kongs are usually dull (but fun to play) in the originals, K. Rool always had so many quirky things going for him in his various boss battles, and he's actually EVIL in his plots. (Plus his boss battles are generally very great and original.)

Personally I don't understand Bandana Dee that much since I just see another equivalent to Toad... but I do admit he's probably the next most likely Kirby character, I'd just prefer to get K. Rool and Dixie. (And Isaac.)

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 3

it was only a matter of time

Anywho, hopefully I can get the costumes and stages today. :D

• Thumbs Up 9

Bandanna Dee is literally moveset food, plus it'd be interesting to have a spear fighter in Smash. Imagine if his Final Smash is Dedede's old one from Brawl. :P

So this weird thing happened on For Glory today. Not sure if this was brought on by the new update, or if it was always there and I was just really, really, really lucky.

Edited by Galabance
  • Thumbs Up 6

So this weird thing happened on For Glory today. Not sure if this was brought on by the new update, or if it was always there and I was just really, really, really lucky.

QlQxyE7.gif

This reminds me of Roy's up smash being able to spike in Melee. Pretty weird that happened in your match, but beautiful disrespect nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda see how ryu still got stage spiked by getting hit by your up smash.

Ryu used his shoryuken which brings his whole arm up and when his fist touch the hitbox of mega man's up smash his lower body was still abit under the edge and mega man's up smash kinda sucks you in so it pulled him right at the edge and then stage spiked!! Lol im pretty sure it didn't came with the patch. Smash 4 is just janky like that lol.

I kinda wanna test out the tourney mode for tomorrow, anyone up for a test tourney tomorrow? I can just do a simple ruleset 1v1 2 stocks 5 minutes no items and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda see how ryu still got stage spiked by getting hit by your up smash.

Ryu used his shoryuken which brings his whole arm up and when his fist touch the hitbox of mega man's up smash his lower body was still abit under the edge and mega man's up smash kinda sucks you in so it pulled him right at the edge and then stage spiked!! Lol im pretty sure it didn't came with the patch. Smash 4 is just janky like that lol.

I kinda wanna test out the tourney mode for tomorrow, anyone up for a test tourney tomorrow? I can just do a simple ruleset 1v1 2 stocks 5 minutes no items and stuff.

Actually, I have one going. I'm Gameguy in the game, BTW.

Oh rip lol

I ended up making one already. What time does yours starts tomorrow? Mine is starting at 4pm til 6pm tomorrow. 

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/3626946842088737295

Also it has a password just in case of randoms.

Password isSSMB

I guess the only way to search is through tourney ID.

T.I: 48756489104727