Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

oh... well... does the fact that the bots were my amiibo change anything?

Hmmm that makes... absolutely no sense at all. 

• Thumbs Up 5

What purpose would having classic Sonic in Smash serve? How would he be different from the modern version already in the game?

(This is rhetorical. He'd be a clone.)

• Thumbs Up 5

The ballot is essentially a popularity contest. Obviously, characters with the most votes are going to be higher priority for consideration than ones with few votes. The point of this is to gauge popularity, to make a fighter that's sellable, and to make as many people happy as possible. In order for this to work, the poll results need to be accurate and reflect what players want. 

Using bots to inflate the appearance of one character's popularity is stupid because it

• Is unfair to fans of characters who aren't doing this
  • Compromises the integrity of the ballot
  • Is almost certainly not going to work. Seriously.
  • Thumbs Up 8

The ballot is essentially a popularity contest. Obviously, characters with the most votes are going to be higher priority for consideration than ones with few votes. The point of this is to gauge popularity, to make a fighter that's sellable, and to make as many people happy as possible. In order for this to work, the poll results need to be accurate and reflect what players want. 

Using bots to inflate the appearance of one character's popularity is stupid because it

• Is unfair to fans of characters who aren't doing this
  • Compromises the integrity of the ballot
  • Is almost certainly not going to work. Seriously.

Using bots wouldn't really work anyway because you need to provide a unique description. Entries that are identical would definitely be deleted. This is something that can't really be botted due to the specific nature of how its configured.

Well as long as we're sharing ballot votes, I remember one of my picks was Alex Roivas from Eternal Darkness. The other was the Inklings from Splatoon, but well obviously those are just Mii Gunner costumes now. >_>

"But yet they can have Rosalina and Luma and Olimar and his Pikmin" thats pretty much the response everybody is going to make.

The interesting thing about Luma is that not only is it a near featureless blob, it requires almost no pathfinding whatsoever, consisting either of zooming between two points or just being stuck to Rosalina just in front of her while she moves. It's really not hard to make the argument that her duo takes significantly less resources to do. Olimar though is a very borderline case from what I see - even with N64 quality Pikmin running at sub-30fps the game still chugs noticably in the 3DS version when you run four Olimars at once.

I don't see why Lilac wouldn't make it in. Freedom Planet is a console exclusive to Nintendo and all that jazz.

Even as far as indies are concerned, Freedom Planet is a pretty niche game. Much as I'd hate to say it, I can't really see Lilac making it on over, say, Cave Story's Quote, Shantae or hell, even that frickin' cop from Mighty Switch Force.

Hmm, in regards to votes, I did K.Rool, Impa, Captain Syrup and Sami... I think, oh and I threw in an obscure one for Falcon from Metal Combat(obscure pair of Super Scope games made by Intelligent systems)

What purpose would having classic Sonic in Smash serve? How would he be different from the modern version already in the game?

(This is rhetorical. He'd be a clone.)

I'd say that he would be modern Sonic with Classic Sonic references and moves if that wasn't exactly what Sonic is in this game. It would be a really nice alt, though.

tumblr_nrc4k1peHh1qhi4j7o1_1280.jpg

Kind of interesting, on the Hyper Japan Livestream, the copy of Smash being played has the DLC stages intermingled with the regular ones instead of being awkwardly on their own page.  Not relevant after all, see response below.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Kind of interesting, on the Hyper Japan Livestream, the copy of Smash being played has the DLC stages intermingled with the regular ones instead of being awkwardly on their own page.

Oh, mind does that too. It's only because I haven't re-unlocked all the stages.

You'll notice Pac-Land is missing.

• Thumbs Up 1

They are slacking. Obviously pacland is the best stage in the game. Should of been unlocked day lol make It legal :P

I've been playing as Bowser a lot after experimenting with fighters outside of my list of mains, and to my surprise, I've been collecting more kills with him than I did with my main man Sonic! It surprised my brother and friends because they know me as "the Sonic kid", among other things. Looks like I got a new main, the Kute Koopa King. His sluggishness bothered me at first, but the more I used him, the more I got used to it and learned how to manage the slight lag of most of his movements and learned to love him.

Bowser would be great if he had a way to actually safely land on the ground, and they didn't nerf Bowsercides for whatever reason, even though Ganondorf can still do it fine...

I would probably consider maining him otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Verified page so yeah it's official.

Pretty cool but the dates of the reveal are wrong - Monday is the 13th, not the 14th.  More likely the mistake is with the number than the full typed out word so I assume this means it's coming Monday 13th.  Thank god I'm not at work at that time.  ;u;

Oh boy, im pretty Sure its not real, the post was in 2014, maybe that's why it says Monday on July 14th. My bad. And darn, no reveal. Its for the robin reveal

Edited by jords

tumblr_nk6lp22lJU1re3x32o1_500.gif

New challenger?! What? Gotta see it!

Oh wait... It's fake. BOB SAGET!

Edited by Failinhearts

I'm not surprised since Smash did kind of started out as toys just fighting each other.

This adds more to that story in a way.

• Thumbs Up 2

That is actually really cool! Playing with action figures to make games, what a life.

Someone else other than Marth remembers Roy, it seems. 

comic414_zpsixscm178.png

Edited by Naldush Repulsa
  • Thumbs Up 8