Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

Melee in general had probably the best stage roster in the series.

Now if we're ever talking bringing back Brawl stages, Pirate Ship would suffice. This game needs some Wind Waker love. I also want a new Mother/EarthBound stage. Badly.

I was kinda hoping for a Chun-Li Mii Brawler costume. have a Mii Brawler use the kick moves, but no "Spinning Bird Kick!"

I'd like Fountain of Dreams too but I get the feeling there would be technical issues, what with the reflections and everything. PLUS 8 players. 

I'm sure they'd be able to get it working. But it might be more effort than they have to expend on their likely tight schedule.

I'd love a  Splatoon themed stage with ink stage hazards...

Just sayin'...

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd like Fountain of Dreams too but I get the feeling there would be technical issues, what with the reflections and everything. PLUS 8 players. 

I'm sure they'd be able to get it working. But it might be more effort than they have to expend on their likely tight schedule.

I doubt it will happen but it'd be cool if they remade the stage from scratch to get it up to the Wii U's graphical standards. But as it's been pointed out returning stages don't get that big of graphical upgrades so it's kinda a pipe dream. Sigh.

I wonder if this is the results if the ballot.

Sakurai saw K.Rool was a very requested character but couldn't come up with a move set so he just made him  a costume. I assume the same happened with the inklings.

But boy I can't stop laughing 

• Thumbs Up 1

They're revealing more costumes tomorrow? Oh boy, I can't wait for Wolf Gunner and Isaac Swordfighter costumes!

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst
  • Thumbs Up 3

I've heard that the dr. Mario stage that was runored a while back is actually happening. Though that was just one guy saying it. But I'd welcome a brand new stage.

So... if K. Rool was one of the highest ballot votes, I wonder who will make the cut to be a real fighter.

Still holding out for Isaac and Wolf, I'm fine with everything else if these two make it.

Edited by DBZHedgy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here are some mirrors of the supposed Dr Mario thing

eHelumP.jpgzCrpzQP.jpgDHMCNzs.jpgKSmmee0.jpgvdfzrwx.jpg

I'm gonna say that this is legit and that it'll most likely be announced alongside the remaining mii costumes tomorrow. Actually looks like a pretty damn cool stage. That and Wario Puzzle 1 being included as one of the songs is pretty nice too. Shame I won't be able to play them for a while.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Guys the only stage that should return now is Mushroom Kingdom 2 (the SMB2 stage from Melee). Best stage in the series hands down. Come back bby i miss ya <3

• Thumbs Up 5

They're revealing more costumes tomorrow? Oh boy, I can't wait for Wolf Gunner and Isaac Swordfighter costumes!

HISSSSSSSSSS GO AWAY WITH THOSE EVIL THOUGHTS

Actually if we aren't getting Isaac a costume would be great. Super happy about the Chrom costume and HOODIES.

I find it kinda funny that a lot of people seem to take costumes as confirmation that playable characters aren't going to be made of any costumes. Remember during the game's development, when characters were still being revealed? We saw Metaknight's Mii hat before he was revealed, and everyone thought Metaknight was dropped from the roster. Of course, new/returning character trophies also don't mean a character won't be playable. See Mewtwo, who had a trophy before he became a DLC fighter.

The way I see it, the only things that outright deconfirm a character are statements from Nintendo/Sakurai, assist trophies (because of the statement Sakurai made about Waluigi not being playable due to being an assist trophy, or something along those lines), or if the character would be outside of the 3DS versions technical limitations (like the Ice Climbers). That, and them not being a video game character, since the ballot specifically mentions a character from a video game.

mando post if you're ok

Some people sleep you know, well that and I have lousy internet. Well you guys are being mean and ridiculous, this in no way hurts K.Rool's chances anymore than the Meta-knight mask hurt Meta-Knights. Also you guys know what K.Rool is? master of disguise, and this doesn't deconfirm him whatsoever, but rather bolsters his chances since this shows that Sakurai recognizes that the preferred version of K.Rool is the Captian persona, and since DLC characters generally don't get costumes, he did this so we could have both designs. Also think about why the costume is classic king is so that he can recognize the classic heritage while opening up for a more composite design for K.Rool as an actual character.

This confirms nothing, and K.Rool is still as possible, if not moreso likely then before. And some of you are being massive jerks

Man I'm the biggest SSB64 fan on the forum but I'm getting sick of all the returning content. I don't even give two shits about Wolf or Fountain of Dreams; if I wanted this stuff that badly, then I would just play Melee/Brawl. Give me something new rather than nickel and dime me for old content, ffs

• Thumbs Up 2

Some people sleep you know, well that and I have lousy internet. Well you guys are being mean and ridiculous, this in no way hurts K.Rool's chances anymore than the Meta-knight mask hurt Meta-Knights. Also you guys know what K.Rool is? master of disguise, and this doesn't deconfirm him whatsoever, but rather bolsters his chances since this shows that Sakurai recognizes that the preferred version of K.Rool is the Captian persona, and since DLC characters generally don't get costumes, he did this so we could have both designs. Also think about why the costume is classic king is so that he can recognize the classic heritage while opening up for a more composite design for K.Rool as an actual character.

This confirms nothing, and K.Rool is still as possible, if not moreso likely then before. And some of you are being massive jerks

Or we are just joking and not being serious about the costume disconfirming K Rool chances

Edited by Dan the Daniel
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man I'm the biggest SSB64 fan on the forum but I'm getting sick of all the returning content. I don't even give two shits about Wolf or Fountain of Dreams; if I wanted this stuff that badly, then I would just play Melee/Brawl. Give me something new rather than nickel and dime me for old content, ffs

Speak for yourself! Wolf was my boy in Brawl, and I was gutted when he wasn't in the roster. Nothing wrong with bringing back old favourites.

Of course, that should definitely be balanced with new content. Ryu, Suzaku Castle and the new rumoured stage are good starts.

• Thumbs Up 4

graspingatstraws.txt

Anyway I don't really care about tournament mode, costumes, or returning stages so...kind of a dull update for me. I might grab Hyrule Castle, maybe...

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah I really wanted Wolf too up until Lucas/Roy/N64 stages were announced. Most of what makes me angry is the ridiculous pricing scheme; I'm paying a lot of money for content that isn't entirely new and doesn't even compare to MK8's DLC value

• Thumbs Up 1

But what if I want to play the returning stages in the new Smash Bros? You know, with all the new characters, items, and physics? Playing Fountain of Dreams would feel a hell of a lot different in Smash 4 than in Melee or Brawl. And what if I want to beat up on Wolf with Pac-Man or MegaMan or Ryu or any of the other new characters? What if I want to see how Wolf plays in the new Smash Bros?

I mean, I'd like some new stuff too, but I don't see much of a problem with getting a bunch of returning stuff either.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's a problem when stages and characters cost 3 and 4 bucks a pop, and of all the paid DLC stuff, we only have one new one each

• Thumbs Up 1

the salt is real and it tastes delicious.

In all seriousness this needs to stop. K.rool haters stop mocking and basically laughing at k.rool supporters. Your doing tHat isnt going to stop them. And K.rool supporters you know fUll well that you wont convince the haters to support you. So I guess just agree to disagree.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a problem when stages and characters cost 3 and 4 bucks a pop, and of all the paid DLC stuff, we only have one new one each

Well, okay, yeah, I guess. It would be a lot better if they just bundled all the new stages and characters into one package for each update

I don't mind. I'm not necessarily made of money but it isn't too expensive for me. I understand why others would have a problem though, it all adds up.

I'm hoping Big Blue comes back one day. *looks bittersweetly at sky like in anime*

• Thumbs Up 1