Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

I wouldn't mind returning stages if the 3ds version didnt have much of them. That's why I didnt buy dreamland 64 and I wont buy these other returning stages. If that new rumored stage is true I'm all for it

Just saw this on NeoGAF. 

http://i.imgur.com/rBf7hpB.png

:lol:

that's amazing. I couldn't think of a better meme to represent the moment

Can we please stop for a minute and try to have a respectful conversation.  No unnecessary stabs at other people or otherwise disrespectful marks, and no more snarky flame bait responses to add fuel to the fire.  That is all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Splatoon Stage plz. Hook me up Nintendo.

So what, are these leaks from /v/ like usual?

Two bucks for a recreated stage that undergoes restructuring, upscaling, Omega-forming, made sure it accomadates for every one of the 54 characters without glitching, and all the combinations of characters and situations like teams, high items, 4-player Smash, and Special Smash?

Fucking steal.

I commend them for putting that much effort to recreate a old stage. But like I said before I'm burned out on old stages in the 3DS version so I want new stages 

You know, I kinda would like for K. Rool to be playable. Smash has a habit of making me like playing as characters that I don't particularly care for. Like Wario and Peach. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

The only purpose I'd settle for in Smash is if K.Rool replaced sand bag so I can beat his ugly ass.

Jusy sayin'...

• Thumbs Up 4

The only purpose I'd settle for in Smash is if K.Rool replaced sand bag so I can beat his ugly ass.

Jusy sayin'...

I'm not for or against K. Rool, but that was pretty funny

Real talk, what's with the stigma against K. Rool and those who want him in Smash? I'm not even interested much in DK as a series and it still reeks of bandwagoning to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Guys hold up!

Where ever you stand on loving or hating K Rool in Smash there's an important fact about all of this. This proves that Sakurai is acknowledging fan votes in the poll and added something for the fans at least. So therefore...

Its a small victory for King K Rool. He sort of got in which is good, at least compared to whatever happened to Ridley and other potential Smashers. Glad he acknowledged something.

• Thumbs Up 3

Real talk, what's with the stigma against K. Rool and those who want him in Smash? I'm not even interested much in DK as a series and it still reeks of bandwagoning to me.

He's just an ugly, boring, practically irrelevant character in my eyes, and I'd rather a character I like get in over one I don't.

• Thumbs Up 4

Same as Dio honestly, he does nothing for me and I feel like even for DK, the Tikis and the Snowmad's are much more interesting antagonists.

I did like the Kremlings though? Just felt that a fatter, uglier Kremling with a lacklustre design wasn't the bes choice for "their king"

I've always personally hated him, since DK Country was my first ever owned game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys hold up!

Where ever you stand on loving or hating K Rool in Smash there's an important fact about all of this. This proves that Sakurai is acknowledging fan votes in the poll and added something for the fans at least. So therefore...

Its a small victory for King K Rool. He sort of got in which is good, at least compared to whatever happened to Ridley and other potential Smashers. Glad he acknowledged something.

not in the eyes of a good portion of the K.Rool kutthroats as they call themselves. They think its an insult and Sakurai is ignoring their input

Oh, btw, I got linked a Google Sheet that attempted to compile all of the various polls on different sites about the ballot, check it out over here. But I'll quote the general consensus on the top 5 now.

Character Results

• Snake - 7.51%
  • Wolf - 6.58%
  • King K. Rool - 6.07%
  • Ice Climbers - 5.79%
  • Issac - 5.41%

Newcomer

• King K. Rool - 13.71%
  • Issac - 12.21%
  • Paper Mario - 7.36%
  • Ridley - 7.36%
  • Inkling - 6.62%

3rd Party

• Snake - 18.44%
  • Banjo-Kazooie - 12.62%
  • Bayonetta - 8.62%
  • Rayman - 7.39%
  • Shovel Knight - 7.00%
Edited by Athena Cykes
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I'm with Crow. K. Rool was who I gave MY vote to for the ballot, but honestly, I can't say I'm torn up about him getting in through a costume. It's Sakurai acknowledging the demand, it shows that K. Rool isn't forgotten just because he's taken a break from the DKC series, and it's just really cool to get a K. Rool ANYTHING to play around with in Smash. Helps that it's a really nicely-detailed costume, too. (I love that he has more of a Rare-era look despite the Paon design being the more commonly used one these days.) This might be the first costume I actually buy on release. XD 

The thing I don't get is, Smash isn't a game made for any single person. It's made for everyone. It's never going to make literally everyone happy (Spoilers: Nothing can or will), but they're including as much fanservice as possible to appease the widest audience. So why is it that people are so "toxic" to the idea of characters they don't like getting in? It's inevitably going to happen, it's just a fact that we're going to have to accept.

I mean, you guys aren't as extreme about it as others elsewhere, but I've really noticed people seem to just completely blow a gasket over the possibility of K Rool or Ridley ever being considered for being playable. How is it actively harming people to have characters you don't like? It's not literally hurting you and you don't HAVE to buy the DLC or play as the charactter if you don't want to, meanwhile those who care about it are able to be happy.

I mean, I get that everyone has their own favorite characters and their own wishlist for stages/characters/items/trophies/assist trophies/costumes, but there is never going to be a universally agreed upon roster, and Smash is never going to have EVERY character that EVERYONE wants.  I get that we're only ever going to have "x amount of dlc characters/stages" for any given Smash game from now on, but that's applied for launch content in every Smash title before now too, except in that case, we had to DEAL with the initial roster, regardless if we liked the selection.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 6

My stance on King K.Rool is an odd one to be honest. I feel connected to him but at the same time not so much. I don't know if its his alter ego persona switch each game or something else but I honestly didn't feel that hurt when he didnt return in DKCR. I was more excited for the fact that I got to play a DKC platformer sequel with DK, and that Diddy, Cranky, Squawks and Rambi were in the game.

I felt more connected to K.Rool's pirate persona but again the fact that he and the kremlings were gone didn't hurt me much as say having the Koopa Troopa disappear completely for the next couple of mario games. I though I was fine with it in Super mario bros 2 usa and Super Mario land 2. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, btw, I got linked a Google Sheet that attempted to compile all of the various polls on different sites about the ballot, check it out over here. But I'll quote the general consensus on the top 5 now.

So Snake might actually be winning. Would be nice to see him again. Hopefully Konami isn't difficult about giving out the rights

Probably along the lines of 

Konami: You need to ask Kojima about it, we're all up for it!
Kojima: Yeah sure, Smash is co- Wait a sec, Konami want this? LMAO the answer is no, sorry!

Konami: Kojimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Kojima: *Kermitsippingtea.jpg*

• Thumbs Up 8

The thing I don't get is, Smash isn't a game made for any single person. It's made for everyone. It's never going to make literally everyone happy (Spoilers: Nothing can or will), but they're including as much fanservice as possible to appease the widest audience. So why is it that people are so "toxic" to the idea of characters they don't like getting in? It's inevitably going to happen, it's just a fact that we're going to have to accept.

I mean, you guys aren't as extreme about it as others elsewhere, but I've really noticed people seem to just completely blow a gasket over the possibility of K Rool or Ridley ever being considered for being playable. How is it actively harming people to have characters you don't like? It's not literally hurting you and you don't HAVE to buy the DLC or play as the charactter if you don't want to, meanwhile those who care about it are able to be happy.

I mean, I get that everyone has their own favorite characters and their own wishlist for stages/characters/items/trophies/assist trophies/costumes, but there is never going to be a universally agreed upon roster, and Smash is never going to have EVERY character that EVERYONE wants.  I get that we're only ever going to have "x amount of dlc characters/stages" for any given Smash game from now on, but that's applied for launch content in every Smash title before now too, except in that case, we had to DEAL with the initial roster, regardless if we liked the seleciton.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. How is it affecting you that a character you personally dislike is getting into Smash? It's DLC, nobody's forcing you to buy it at all. K. Rool from the looks of it is a generally popular character, and it is what it is. Nobody's "taking" any character slots from anyone. Though I will say I'm guilty of getting mad when Roy ended up being leaked since I groaned at Marth having two clones, but I had to eat my words big time with that.

And to add to this, the complaint about K. Rool being "irrelevant" really doesn't stack up. If that were the case, the Ice Climbers shouldn't have in Melee or Brawl then considering they came from an NES game from the '80s barely anybody knew about.

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 2

Speaking as someone who is mostly neutral-positive with King K. Rool, I won't lie: While I wouldn't mind if he wasn't playable, I would be quite alright if he was, especially if he took some cues from his DKC2 and DK64 appearances.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have no qualms if K Rool got in as long as he's fun to play and to play against. From a business standpoint, it makes sense too. He's apparently a popular character which will bring in that DLC $$$. He's also in the DKC games and DK64 which will rake in added revenues from the VC if enough people want to get into the series or play the classic games specifically.

• Thumbs Up 2