Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

You know, I heard a great idea, for a movement that would be a good ballot movement to do in memory of Iwata... Balloon Fighter for smash, in tribute of Sakurai. I'm not the biggest fan of the character, but it's one of Iwata's biggest legacies... well just a thought

Balloon Fighter is a good choice, but Villager has already borrowed one of his moves. Could they replace it with something or just keep it?

Balloon Fighter is a good choice, but Villager has already borrowed one of his moves. Could they replace it with something or just keep it?

Not really, it took it as a recovery, not a moveset. Balloon Fighter as an ultra-light with the ballons out unless stunned/popped, as a status changer like the monado, and to activate a yoshi flutter like recovery

Balloon Fighter sounds more interesting as a assist trophy. I can see it hard trying to make a moveset for him.

• Thumbs Up 2

I could imagine a Balloon Fighter amiibo, but not as a fighter, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to revive this thread with THE REALEST MOST GENUINE-EST LEAK YOU WILL EVER SEE

xt6VIQF.jpg

YOUNG LINK CONFIRMED, HATERS

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to revive this thread with THE REALEST MOST GENUINE-EST LEAK YOU WILL EVER SEE

xt6VIQF.jpg

YOUNG LINK CONFIRMED, HATERS

If this is true, may I just say, I fucking called this once again, while people wrote it off lol?

Its not. That's Young Link's Hyrule Warriors artwork, and I'm pretty sure others have noted (not here) that's K. Rool's Smashified artwork for the stock symbols.

It's blurry as crap, so I didn't even notice K. Rool, let alone what the model was from 

Edited by KHCast

Its not. That's Young Link's Hyrule Warriors artwork, and I'm pretty sure others have noted (not here) that's K. Rool's Smashified artwork for the stock symbols.

Soooo, it's debunked?

If you want a rumour, how about the one in which Nintendo have recently trademarked the name King K. Rool?

Technically its true, but its not like its a registered trademark or anything. The internet is blowing up over this, but its actually not -that- big of a deal. Especially since they did the same thing for Tiny, Chunky, and Lanky on the DK64 page (which most people STILL haven't noticed).

There's a different between a "registered trademark" and a "trademark." As long as you actually use it, you can trademark anything by just putting the TM symbol next to it. I'm not sure if a re-release of an established game counts as "using" it, though...

Now, some have suggested that its actually them re-establishing an existing K. Rool trademark. However, the problem is, I haven't been able to find K. Rool's name trademarked in past DK games. And for the most part, its not really necessary to trademark characters in a game who aren't the BIGGEST characters. So, it is a very interesting thing, but the internet is blowing this WAY out of proportion. And all this coming from a huge K. Rool fan who absolutely wants any sign of K. Rool getting announced for Smash. (I was even one of the first ones to point out the trademark symbol over on Smashboards before it started to really blow up.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Those look sweet! And in just a couple of days too!

I wonder what implications, if any, this has for King K. Rool's chances as a playable fighter?  This strikes me as more like compensation for not making him a full fighter (ditto Chrom, really), but of course it's impossible to be sure.

I'm so pumped to play on more N64 stages. I'm not being sarcastic either.

I'm kind of dissappointed that this is the Peach's Castle they went for.

That's only for the Wii U version, right?

I'm not sure, but I assume at least the costumes and stages are in both.

Hahahahahahahaha

This is delicious, I'm sorry I can't stop grinning about this.

At least K.Rool is somewhat in Smash though, right?

• Thumbs Up 6

After this, I just really want some new stages. If they're gonna bring back any past ones, it better be Fountain of Dreams because that's my outright favorite stage in any Smash game.

Still holding out hope on Wolf coming back as well, it'd be a waste not to do it as a cross-promo for Star Fox Zero tbh

• Thumbs Up 3

HAAAAAAAA. Well there's your King K. Rool rep.

The N64 stages are alright but like Felix I want Fountain of Dreams most of all. Where da fack is it?!

• Thumbs Up 2

I wanted to say which level I wanted most, but I can't decide. Corneria is always good. Great Bay, too. Peach's Castle from Melee, too. :U