Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS - Settle It In Smash!

Nintendoga

If I learned anything from BlazBlue is that DLC characters aren't balanced enough compared to the rest of the cast. Giving them custom moves would just further that unbalance enough.

And I honestly don't see Ryu having anything different from his iconic moveset.

Hmm.  Since the team is now working on ballot characters, I guess that means no Wolf or Ice Climbers unless they score high on the ballot.

Hmm.  Since the team is now working on ballot characters, I guess that means no Wolf or Ice Climbers unless they score high on the ballot.

• Thumbs Up 1

As some of you probably saw in the status earlier, I ended up making my own dream roster for Smash 4:

IEvRzXz.png

Emphasis on dream. I know most of this has no chance in a snowy hell of happening. It's a pretty nifty piece of software, you can go download it here and make whatever rosters you please.

And also a very comprehensive guide on Smashboards on how to use the roster maker.

A little tidbit, but I'd probably have Yarn Kirby as an alt skin for Prince Fluff. If you're wondering why Dr. Mario is in the first slot instead of Mario, it's a throwback I made to Melee's character select. I also got rid of the "clone corner" in the current Smash 4 character select and put the characters there with their respective series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Werehog Final Smash DLC anyone?

Nah I was thinking Team blast from sonic heroes

BLAST AWAY

SH2.jpg

when you do this to the other player in 2p mode, it KILLS them XD

Ice Climbers aren't gonna happen regardless unless magically a few extra months of development is all they needed to get them working on 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 2

We did get a New 3DS recently that's supposedly more advanced than the original 3DS and is capable of having better processing or something like that. I don't see why they don't still have the technology to add a set of characters when they just added a stronger system to play.

I mean sure they would want every version to have the same roster since getting a new system can be pricey but still. I don't see why not make them N3DS exclusive at least if it can support the Ice Climbers' playing style.

Ice Climbers aren't gonna happen regardless unless magically a few extra months of development is all they needed to get them working on 3DS.

Extra development time is exactly what they needed.

As some of you probably saw in the status earlier, I ended up making my own dream roster for Smash 4:

IEvRzXz.png

Emphasis on dream. I know most of this has no chance in a snowy hell of happening. It's a pretty nifty piece of software, you can go download it here and make whatever rosters you please.

And also a very comprehensive guide on Smashboards on how to use the roster maker.

A little tidbit, but I'd probably have Yarn Kirby as an alt skin for Prince Fluff. If you're wondering why Dr. Mario is in the first slot instead of Mario, it's a throwback I made to Melee's character select. I also got rid of the "clone corner" in the current Smash 4 character select and put the characters there with their respective series.

This would be cool, I like how there's more third party characters and veteran characters to fill it up a bit, and-

wait

no Magnus or Viridi?

GET OUT 

We did get a New 3DS recently that's supposedly more advanced than the original 3DS and is capable of having better processing or something like that. I don't see why they don't still have the technology to add a set of characters when they just added a stronger system to play.

I mean sure they would want every version to have the same roster since getting a new system can be pricey but still. I don't see why not make them N3DS exclusive at least if it can support the Ice Climbers' playing style.

That would be an even worse situation than the notion of them being a Wii U exclusive.  Imagine trying to play online as Ice Climbers on 3DS then having a notification appear saying "sorry someone on an old 3DS joined, please change your choice of character".

Extra development time is exactly what they needed.

But I mean... they got Pikmin working on 3DS, they got Luma working on 3DS.  Optimisation is a massively long process and at this point they'd prolly have to make major changes to the base game, stage detail and other factors before Ice Climbers would work (we're talking the original 3DS being able to handle eight characters on screen (potentially, if all four players chose Ice Climbers) alongside stage gimmicks and whatever the max amount of Assist Trophies and Pokémon are on 3DS.  If they managed to get Pikmin and Luma working then it's kind of at the point where if they could do it they would have by now, and are possibly beyond the point of no return in terms of the game engine being built and fairly finalised in terms of optimisation.

The only way I can see it happening is by massively simplifying Nana's behaviour so she isn't semi-AI controlled anymore.  She'd prolly have to awkwardly run at 30 FPS too like the Assist Trophies, Pokémon and Pikmin.

It'd just be an utter mess.

• Thumbs Up 1

She'd prolly have to awkwardly run at 30 FPS too like the Assist Trophies, Pokémon and Pikmin.

This would be cool, I like how there's more third party characters and veteran characters to fill it up a bit, and-

wait

no Magnus or Viridi?

GET OUT 

With all this talk about Kid Icarus reps, they're gonna rival Fire Emblem for oversaturation of characters.

To each their own.

But I mean... they got Pikmin working on 3DS, they got Luma working on 3DS.  Optimisation is a massively long process and at this point they'd prolly have to make major changes to the base game, stage detail and other factors before Ice Climbers would work (we're talking the original 3DS being able to handle eight characters on screen (potentially, if all four players chose Ice Climbers) alongside stage gimmicks and whatever the max amount of Assist Trophies and Pokémon are on 3DS.  If they managed to get Pikmin and Luma working then it's kind of at the point where if they could do it they would have by now, and are possibly beyond the point of no return in terms of the game engine being built and fairly finalised in terms of optimisation.

The only way I can see it happening is by massively simplifying Nana's behaviour so she isn't semi-AI controlled anymore.  She'd prolly have to awkwardly run at 30 FPS too like the Assist Trophies, Pokémon and Pikmin.

The biggest problem is not just that Nana is A.I. controlled, but the A.I. trying to get back to Popo after being separated wouldn't be that good on the 3DS version. Nana's A.I might not always respond the way it's suppose to in specific situations. Even though the Pikmin work, their A.I. sucks because they have a hard time getting back to you in more cluttered or bigger stages and they even tended to break away from following you at times. I'm pretty sure it's why Olimar has the whistle, which at very rare times they didn't respond to...though I think these problems may have been fixed, but I haven't seen any Olimar players for quite a while.

Regarding Luma though, Luma is not A.I controlled so it doesn't have the problem that Nana and the Pikmin do. Luma is literally just like if you had two characters responding to the same controls. 

The biggest problem is not just that Nana is A.I. controlled, but the A.I. trying to get back to Popo after being separated wouldn't be that good on the 3DS version. Nana's A.I might not always respond the way it's suppose to in specific situations. Even though the Pikmin work, their A.I. sucks because they have a hard time getting back to you in more cluttered or bigger stages and they even tended to break away from following you at times. I'm pretty sure it's why Olimar has the whistle, which at very rare times they didn't respond to...though I think these problems may have been fixed, but I haven't seen any Olimar players for quite a while.

Regarding Luma though, Luma is not A.I controlled so it doesn't have the problem that Nana and the Pikmin do. Luma is literally just like if you had two characters responding to the same controls. 

I'm sure that people would be upset if the pair were separated, but I feel it would be a fair compromise if The Ice Climbers were reduced to just being The Ice Climber with Popo and Nana alts. 

I get that their whole shtick is their teamwork and desyncing combos, and grabs, and such, but Sopo is still a pretty good character. Add a few buffs to equate his gameplay to that of both the Ice Climbers (which all excluding Belay seem pretty easy to pull off) and we're golden. That's at least my take on it anyway, but I dunno maybe they'll actually use the slot on a Newcomer. Some people would rather it be a New Character if both Ice Climbers don't make it back anyway. =P

World 3... Oh man, if Pac-Man had a voice in Smash....