Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Ya, Bikes killed me, and I wish I had regisistered when I got in early this morning, cause Club Nintendo is down for now its back for now, or not, got to selecting the game then it went down again

So, who else has been left hung out to dry by the delivery companies and ended up with no game today? Amazon sent mine at 5:30 PM last night which I figured would be too late to make it today. I've seen one or two say it was as late as 4 AM by the time theirs went out!

If it turns up tomorrow then I'll happily let it slide but please God don't have this lead to taking on Royal Mail.

Got Mario Kart 8 this morning! I haven't played it yet, but I watched Kaabii play it and it looks great! Gorgeous graphics, catchy music, 60fps...ahhh~ X3

When I get the chance,mI'll play it and put my impressions here. Can't wait for the Mario Kart tournaments!

So, who else has been left hung out to dry by the delivery companies and ended up with no game today? Amazon sent mine at 5:30 PM last night which I figured would be too late to make it today. I've seen one or two say it was as late as 4 AM by the time theirs went out!

If it turns up tomorrow then I'll happily let it slide but please God don't have this lead to taking on Royal Mail.

Did you use free super saver delivery? If so, I don't think that guarantees it for launch day and can take 3-5 business days. I doubt Amazon would have the stock in 5 days before release day.

I'm assuming that this frantic mode is an unlockable? I haven't seen it anywhere get but it sounds awesome!

I'm assuming that this frantic mode is an unlockable? I haven't seen it anywhere get but it sounds awesome!

It is an Item setting for custom games and online, doesn't need unlocking.  If I recall, the other options are Shells Only, Bananas Only, Mushrooms Only, Bob-Ombs Only, and No Items.

Ahh ok, the way you guys were talking about it made it seem like an unlockable mode or something! I'm so stupid!

I'll have to give that a try. Hoping I can still make it tonight, still trying to put a child to bed that should have been asleep over 2 hours ago, AND I have coursework to finish

So I've blown through all 50cc cups and 100cc cups, 150cc isn't hard, more so the items from A.I players are fucking spammed a shit ton so you can't hold positions for long without some serious driving skills. Overall my impressions are, eh, It's good but seriously feels incomplete due to lack of modes and the like, also the roster is just so samey, seriously it's basically 7 Bowser recolours and 5 babies. I agree with people saying the weight classes are heavily unbalanced, there are VERY few heavy weights, the game is dominated by light weights.

Electrodome is the best track holy shit.

It's fun, gorgeous and sounds amazing, but it's honestly nothing special and as I thought, Rainbow Road is so crap it's heartbreaking lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you use free super saver delivery? If so, I don't think that guarantees it for launch day and can take 3-5 business days. I doubt Amazon would have the stock in 5 days before release day.

Nah mate, it was first class which seemed to assure the release day. Like I said I'm happy to give a one day concession before I get ticked.

I can't wait to see the sales results next Monday, it seems like its doing Awesome! and the club Nintendo buginess indicates several hundred thousand at least

A million or so wouldn't surprise me

Nah mate, it was first class which seemed to assure the release day. Like I said I'm happy to give a one day concession before I get ticked.

Aw, that sucks. Definitely should have had it in time for release day :-/ Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. 

Okay, earlier I thought the CPU's were actually harder this time. But there not. It was me still sucking butim doing so much better.

What do you guys think of the inside drifting bikes? I really don't like them

they are too awkward and hard to control.

Karts are much better and outside drift bikes

So I've blown through all 50cc cups and 100cc cups, 150cc isn't hard, more so the items from A.I players are fucking spammed a shit ton so you can't hold positions for long without some serious driving skills. Overall my impressions are, eh, It's good but seriously feels incomplete due to lack of modes and the like, also the roster is just so samey, seriously it's basically 7 Bowser recolours and 5 babies. I agree with people saying the weight classes are heavily unbalanced, there are VERY few heavy weights, the game is dominated by light weights.

Electrodome is the best track holy shit.

It's fun, gorgeous and sounds amazing, but it's honestly nothing special and as I thought, Rainbow Road is so crap it's heartbreaking lol.

I'm going to regret buying a Wii U for this, aren't I... :/

No, its an awesome fun game overall, and there is a high possibility the flaws may be corrected by Dlc as well

Also we Do have SSB4, Sonic Boom, and Hyrule warriors coming this year! 

I won!

...What does that mean in the grand scheme of the tournament though?

Also, where'd you go, Soniko? Connection error or something?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well...I clearly suck , I need to at more levels!

It more depends on how much you love Mario Kart, the racing moreso, and the online play. I personally played MKWii Online a lot so I'm gonna love this.

So the Tourney thing is kind of confusing... I thought setting it as 4 races just meant the games would be split into 4 races per session, but now it tells me that results will no longer be counted... but I dunno if that just applies to me... as in each player gets 4 races to earn points and then that's it, or whether that is literally it and the tourney is now only good for playing random games together?  Hrm.

Dude, I don't think it's all that wise to get like that with just one person's opinion on the game. She's not even saying that it's bad...

Dude, I don't think it's all that wise to get like that with just one person's opinion on the game. She's not even saying that it's bad...

JezMM is a dude 

So the Tourney thing is kind of confusing... I thought setting it as 4 races just meant the games would be split into 4 races per session, but now it tells me that results will no longer be counted... but I dunno if that just applies to me... as in each player gets 4 races to earn points and then that's it, or whether that is literally it and the tourney is now only good for playing random games together?  Hrm.

Yeah. There's a setting to "No Limit" that allows every race completed to count towards the points limit. With the setting on 4 Races, it only allows the first 4 races to count towards the standings.

No worries though. We can probably remake the tournament, unless there's an option to change the race limit from 4 to no limit.

Edit: So it looks like you can change the race limit from the screen where you can Join, View Standings, etc. Pressing + (or whatever, I'm on the Wii-U gamepad) should bring you to the settings, and then you can change it from there. I'm not 100% sure it will work since the tournament started already, but it's worth a shot.

E2: Nope. Just tried it on an active tournament and it didn't work. Oh well.