Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Only in 1st? It had a blast radius that made anyone caught in it spin out, some unlucky people too close to 1st were just as effected by its explosion.

Defensively, fake item boxes could be used to either easily stop someone tail-gating you or placing the box among a bunch of item boxes.

Fake Item Boxes...Jynx(s) don't block items...they only did that in 64.

Right I forgot about that technique, usually I would leave an fake item box as after tight turns or with a bunch of item boxes.

Not to mention it could hit anyone in it's path from whatever place it was launched to first. So it could technically hit anyone in 7th and up if the are in the path

I believe that was mainly in N64. When it gained the ability to fly that kind of thing much, much more rarely happens. At the same time, in N64 it didn't have the blast radius, either.

Holy shit, I forgot about battle mode.

The stages better be flippin' epic with anti gravity

I wonder how will they add anti gravity with previous stages. Most likely work with delfino pier from Mario kart Wii has a bigger chance of having anti gravity, but I'm sure they'll figure it out

Its coming to you australians, but yesh, I am sorry you guys have sucha  high price, then again the value of a dollar is a tad different there, and you guys do get paid vacations... but ya heres the info

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223699-mario-kart-8-blue-shell-edition-confirmed-for-australia

200181_detail_v2.jpg

- confirmed by EB Games as an exclusive
- $99.95
- regular game will be $79.95

I'm very tempted to pick up the exclusive bundle on the Nintendo UK store... though since I'm cheap as hell and there's a chance I could get it cheaper later...

SO MUCH INNER CONFLICT RIGHT NOW

I'm very tempted to pick up the exclusive bundle on the Nintendo UK store... though since I'm cheap as hell and there's a chance I could get it cheaper later...

I doubt the Nintendo UK bundle with the shirt and keyring will be available past release seeing as it's the most popular and best value-for-money deal being offered at the moment, and I certainly can't see it going down in price any time soon for the exact same reasons.

My advice? Get a pre-order in now while the option is there, and if you change your mind or find it cheaper elsewhere prior to release, then just cancel it and you've not lost anything. Hesitate now and you may be left without any option to get it at all.

You know what would be neat? If Mario Kart 8 allowed you to pick alternate music tracks before each race, like Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing did.

For example, I'd like to play through whatever snow level they have with the choice of playing either the Sherbet Land music from Double Dash or from Mario Kart 64, or play through the first racing track with the music from Luigi Circuit from Mario Kart 64. Perhaps they could implement an unlocking system for it? I'd be cool with that.

It's the little touches that make these games more and more fun.

Woah, so many goodies! Dunno which one of these I'll end up picking up though... but man, they look damn too good to not let 'em pass at all! O_O

Gotta voice what has been said here as well: we can tell Nintendo is prepping up the launch of MK8 like crazy. New courses being shown, advertising in different stores and partnerships, and now the pre-order bonuses. The Mario Kart series has always been a Nintendo system-seller and with the Wii U in need of increasing its install base they must give their 110% effort in advertising and marketing the hell of that game. Good to see such efforts being put right now.

Although announcing a Wii U + Mario Kart 8 bundle would be perfect enough to gather even more new Wii U customers, but we will see how it goes in the remaining two months and a half before the game comes out. Man, that 30th May release date seems long... but I know it'll be worthy at the end of the day. =)

Here's a look at Bone Dry Dunes:

999949_600074583400613_196849322_n.png

Woah thats awesome.... does that mean dry bones is coming back as a playable character?!!!

This game is getting closer and closer to my must buy list

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAY~  DEAR SISTER

You totally should though, I did and we all know that it's totally worth it yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woah thats awesome.... does that mean dry bones is coming back as a playable character?!!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dry Bones and/or Dry Bowser show up on the roster.

As long as Honey Queen and Wiggler get axed I'll be happy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dry Bones and/or Dry Bowser show up on the roster.

As long as Honey Queen and Wiggler get axed I'll be happy.

well I just kinda liked playing as Dry Bones in DS, as I liked his personality, and thats the only MK other than N64 and well a little of super I have played

But ya really considering, though proably only standard condition however

Holy shit, I forgot about battle mode.

The stages better be flippin' epic with anti gravity

I wonder how will they add anti gravity with previous stages. Most likely work with delfino pier from Mario kart Wii has a bigger chance of having anti gravity, but I'm sure they'll figure it out

As long as team battle mode is an option that was one of my main grips with Wii there was no individual mode

• Thumbs Up 1

Right, that was my main problem for that mode.

I hated being the one to carry my team. For balloon battle I would have like 7 points and with my teammates having like 0-3 points.

And for coin battle I'll have like 15 coins with them having like 0-5 coins.

And it surprise's me sometimes when my team still wins.

Mk7 didn't have teams but their battle mode just seemed boring and really really slow. Even double dash battle mode seem more exciting even if it was just 4 karts.

I wonder if they'll keep the Super Mushroom steal move in this game, always loved boosting into an opponent and snatching one of their items or balloons in battle mode.

I don't even know which pre order bonus to go for. So many choices...and omg this game looks beautiful~! So hyped!

You know what, I'd love to see Dry Bones return! Better choice than Queen Bee, ugh.

Do we know the deal Battle mode in this game? Like, is it going to be styled like MKDS and before, or will it be shit again?

Yeah, they kind ruined Battle Mode in MKWii. It was always our favorite mode to play (me and my sisters), but... ugh... One complaint is that they don't allow you to set the number of players. Why can't I just turn CPU's off? Respawning in the Balloon Battle makes no sense, either. If they made that an optional thing it might be better.

Didn't you always respawn when loosing all your balloon?

I wouldn't say team battle isn't that bad in Mario kart wii, I still get a lot of joy playing because its usually pretty hectic.

I just hate that its only team mode.

Didn't you always respawn when loosing all your balloon?

No...in every game before, you just had a shaded screen or in Mario Kart DS's case the battle ended instantly with a randomly chosen winner...in Mario 64 you turned into a slow, slippery controlled bomb car in order to cause one last attack before you lost, you'd explode from any thing that hits like a shell...even Jynx(s), you could also use the offensive items you activated before losing the last balloon.

I don't know, I never liked Battle Mode myself. I don't care what they do with it. All I care about is good tracks to race on, and character selection I suppose (which looks to be way better than 7's).

I mainly care about Character balance.

In MKWii, I have no idea what the hell Nintendo was thinking when they gave Funky Kong a +3 bonus stat in Speed, he's already a freakin Heavyweight as it is, he doesn't need more damn speed. This lead to Funky Kong being godly faster than any character and being overused Online, which lead to other characters being a waste.

And apparently they didn't learned their lesson either as they done it again with Metal Mario in MK7, granted people keep saying the stats are fair in that game, but it still felt like Metal Mario had a slight edge over the other Heavyweights.

I would hope they learn their lesson this time, no one character should be superior than the other in their weight class, otherwise those beautiful HD models they made for the many characters in MK8 would be kinda wasted yet again. Or at least come out with a patch to nerf certain characters like they would for tracks.

I want the game to be fun for everyone and that everyone can use their favorite characters instead of relying on the "Fastest Character". Would be easy on the ears too, cause, for god's sake, Funky Kong and Metal Mario have some annoying voices man.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that's lame, thought the Kart's would at least be modelled after the in-game ones.