Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

They better have Coins scattered more in the tracks this time, that and they better Respawn faster too, I do hate the person in first constantly hogging all the coins, once you reached 10, coins should pass right through you or something. (I'm refering to maxing out your speed, not for collection)

Also I'm hoping one of the new items gives you some coins or something like in the SNES game.

And that is why I never particularly cared about the coins.

Apart from near the end when I knew I was near enough close to the final few parts and made a big push to collect the necessary amount. And talking of coins, how many do you lot have?

More or less than 20,000.

And that is why I never particularly cared about the coins.

Apart from near the end when I knew I was near enough close to the final few parts and made a big push to collect the necessary amount. And talking of coins, how many do you lot have?

More or less than 20,000.

Waaaaaay less than 20,000. I didn't really get into MK7 too much at first, I played through all the Grand Prix cups and that was about it to be honest. It didn't grab me quite as much as other entries in the series, despite the glider and underwater sections. But I've been playing it again more recently to satisfy my hype for MK8 and it's grown on me, although I still think the coin milestones are ridiculous.

To get 20,000 would require absolutely hours of playtime, surely? It's 2000 races at the very least, if you manage to get 10 coins in each one. As much as I enjoy Mario Kart, there's only so many times I can whizz round the same 32 tracks and getting pelted with the same items.

More than two hundred hours, and closer to 30,000 coins than 20,000.

That's how much I played it.

It became my favourite MK almost immediately, although I still admit occassionally I'd still place it after Double Dash. However, I feel MK8 will literally overtake both of them and become my utmost favourite.

It would be nice if the game handled coins the same way all stars racing transformed did

More than two hundred hours, and closer to 30,000 coins than 20,000.

That's how much I played it.

It became my favourite MK almost immediately, although I still admit occassionally I'd still place it after Double Dash. However, I feel MK8 will literally overtake both of them and become my utmost favourite.

Dayum, that's a lot of playtime!

I dunno why MK7 didn't really click with me at first. I enjoyed it, for sure, but it lacked the sparkle I was expecting. Maybe it was because of things that I've mentioned previously in this topic, like not being able to unlock any character (except Mii) until you make it to the 150cc Grand Prix cups - there's no sense of progression or any real point to playing 50cc and 100cc. Double Dash and MKWii handled this much better, offering you a new kart or a new character every cup or so, regardless of difficulty.

Maybe I just prefer console Mario Kart games to handheld ones. Double Dash probably still stands as my favourite entry in the series - it might have been MKWii, but having played it again a few months ago I was appalled at just how much crap it throws at you and how poor the graphics were, both of which I must have overlooked upon release (although it did introduce Biker Suit Rosalina to the world, so it gets massive props for that :P). I am super hyped for MK8 though, it looks like a real culmination of everything good from all the previous titles, so as long as it doesn't succumb to the rubber banding mayhem of having 12 players like in MKWii or have no sense of progression like in MK7, it stands a good chance of becoming my new favourite.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I am a massive arcade racer fan, and Mario Kart is one of my favourite series. Must have put more than two hundred plus into all of them [GCN-3DS] over the course of owning them. But yeah, when I can get to the MCM, I'll be sure to try MK8 out.

And give my thoughts.

Just a heads up - GAME have confirmed via Twitter that the pre-order bonus Wii Wheel will now come with both the Limited Edition as well as the Standard Edition. Still not as good a gift as the shirt and keyring bundle from Nintendo in my opinion, but if you want that blue shell as wellas a new peripheral, this is good news for you!

Mario Kart 8 wasn't at MCM Birmingham today. Which was a bit of bad luck.
Would've liked to have played it.

I think this is a pretty good reason when the time draws closer for me to get a Wii U. I don't have a 3DS but, want to get one so am yet to play MK7, but I love Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart DS. MK8, could very well be the best ever one in the series.

that reminds me, I definatley need to preorder this next month XD one of the few good uses of my local gamestop ;)

2 pictures of Sunshine Airport

Again, this track looks super nice.

mk8track17.png

mk8track18.png

Welcome to HD Nintendo...I want a Sunshine 2 so badly.

Green Mario to the rescue.

So at the part where he calls Rainbow Road a Gay Pride Parade and says that everyone will hate you for choosing it, did he mean because of how difficult Rainbow Road is? Sorry, I didn't really get the context of that part. Lol at Reptar though.

Say you guys, Pre-order Nay or Aye? I have only preordered one game before and that was ironicly enough ASRT XD, admittedly I will be preordering SSB4 and hyrule warriors, but this one I am proably doing at my local gamestop

Well now. That's difficult. Preordered MKWii, but that's about the only Mario Kart I have done so with. A few other games I've preordered, but mostly it's just buy on the day or later.

The added complication with MK8 is the Super Mario Kart eShop offer, essentially enabling a purchaser to get two games for the price of one. I am so lost on this one.

Say, anybody else think it would be kinda cool if we got a legacy character or two from the mario/mario kart francise? I mean we have baby mario, why couldnt we have the return of DK JR as a legacy character, or another forgotten character(instead of random enemies and reskins), admittedly there arent a ton, but there are a few

I've been on Team Tatanga since Mario Kart DS and will continue to be, despite little chance of him showing up. Anything to extrapolate on the otherness of the Mario universe, particularly in relation to Wario and Daisy, is a-ok with me. Hell, he's frequently mentioned in character bios and descriptions, most recently Mario & Sonic 2012, of all places:

Why not give him a revival if you're going to bother reminding everyone of him?

I've already pre-ordered MK8, may as well wait and see what happens.

I've been on Team Tatanga since Mario Kart DS and will continue to be, despite little chance of him showing up. Anything to extrapolate on the otherness of the Mario universe, particularly in relation to Wario and Daisy, is a-ok with me. Hell, he's frequently mentioned in character bios and descriptions, most recently Mario & Sonic 2012, of all places:

Why not give him a revival if you're going to bother reminding everyone of him?

I've already pre-ordered MK8, may as well wait and see what happens.

heh, even though I have never heard of him, could agree with that one, I would hope for Stanley(DK3's Antagonist) myself, he doesnt get mentioned often but occasionaly

Can't wait to get this game...not only does it look great, but I'll finally have a Wii U game that uses online multiplayer!

I was originally going to get this the day it comes out but then I realized that 5 days before its release its my bros birthday then the day after it comes ou it's my mom's birthday so id rather buy them gifts before I buy stuff for myself

So at the part where he calls Rainbow Road a Gay Pride Parade and says that everyone will hate you for choosing it, did he mean because of how difficult Rainbow Road is? Sorry, I didn't really get the context of that part. Lol at Reptar though.

Pretty sure that he meant because of how difficult and cheap a number of the Rainbow Road tracks are, especially in MKW and MKDD. He definitely wasn't saying there was a problem with a gay pride flag level though tongue.png