Awoo.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

If we get warioware characters, we should get a wario ware stage. I'm not sure how they would pull that off but I think it could work as a mario kart track.

Lemmy riding a dirtbike makes so much sense to me now that I think about it. Little dude's gonna be my go-to guy for the game along with Ludwig and Larry.

Just need E.Gadd now and we're all set.

If we get warioware characters, we should get a wario ware stage. I'm not sure how they would pull that off but I think it could work as a mario kart track.

Diamond City from Warioware is a track in Mario Kart Arcade GP and Arcade GP 2, but unfortunately, like all the tracks in those games, it is aesthetically very light on references (mainly Warioware art on billboards and stuff, and I THINK you drive by Dribble and Spitz's taxi place?) and completely absent of gameplay gimmicks.  If I recall they added a light snow theme to it as well.

Diamond City from Warioware is a track in Mario Kart Arcade GP and Arcade GP 2, but unfortunately, like all the tracks in those games, it is aesthetically very light on references (mainly Warioware art on billboards and stuff, and I THINK you drive by Dribble and Spitz's taxi place?) and completely absent of gameplay gimmicks.  If I recall they added a light snow theme to it as well.

Not only was it light on WarioWare references, but there were statues and posters of E. Gadd everywhere.

Cause, y'know, E. Gadd was totally in WarioWare.

I'm hoping if we DO get WarioWare characters, they don't limit it to just characters who've been in vehicles like Mona, Dribble and Spitz. Bring on some Jimmy T, Ashley and the Crygors too.

This game is certainly looking stunning graphic, framerate and effects wise, and it seems polished.

But still, it's the same thing over and over again (I LOVED Double Dash mind). The underwater parts are just  a "reskin", and the gliding parts are simply a longer "falling". Even the gravity stuff, while looking nice for the track design, isn't adding anything special to the gameplay either.

Alll Stars Racing Transformed, even if less polished, seems to be for now a superior game in terms of gameplay and overall variety.

If Sumo can polish things up for the next game (if that's a racing one), add more characters, stages, items, some extra vehicles, 60fps and a bit more customization elemets, Mario Kart will definitely eat the dust

• Thumbs Up 1

Dayum! Space Peach has got it going on in that render!

Super excited the Koopalings are playable, although I literally only care about Wendy O' Koopa but her inclusion is totally worth the 7 character spots they're taking up...

Still holding out for some super secret awesome characters but so much of this game has been revealed already that I wouldn't be surprised if we'd actually seen the bulk of it by now.

This is sort of interesting:

mario-kart-8-box-art.jpgRyk8ifgqkHePkBqTZcbW_NF5YB2oMJER.png

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/RCjxReZwSFsFfyaXGGxYdozPmEqZOkwq

Going by Amazon, Europe's case is still blue. Could still change though.

I always like different colored cases, but I think this would look better with the standard blue case or if they changed the banner red. Still cool.

I know in Europe (Or at least Germany) Double Dash had a red case for it's first printing:

61PYHNRj46L.jpg

Well, NSMB Wii had a red case (NSMB2 had a yellow one), so they probably wanted to differentiate the two. The art fit better with the blue case.

Soooo after watching gamexplain discussion video they mention a possibility of a propeller item and how it would act the same as the cape in the super mario kart.

If this item happens then instead of falling back down, you can glide back down so taking gap shortcuts with a bit of range in a it, it can save you from various ground items too and saving yourself from falling to your doom.

Cool? I hope so....

Hmmm, I kind of hope the gravity mechanic gets some creative uses later on in the game beyond aesthetic since besides the hit in to your opponent to overtake them thing (which has somewhat always been a thing since double dash just not as relevant I think) it seems to add about as much to the game as driving underwater. Game looks pretty nice though and the tracks seem to have some good themes to them.

This might end up being the first Mario Kart game that I've ever bought or really played.

I might just give this one a pick up as well though I always say that (curse the pricing on these).

Honestly I want Bowser's castle to be the carnival from 3D world, scaling the skyscraper would be sick! But I guess we already got out neon looking stage which looks so cool.

Looking forward to see bowsers castle and rainbow road.

Still no sign of Royal Raceway or Wario Stadium... in fact, no clue as to what the returning N64 courses might be yet. The selection so far is pretty nice though.

EDIT: Seriously, that Game Xplain guy needs to slow down. It's so so so hard to understand him.

Was baby park already been used? I don't believe so. That track come back. 12 racers in that small level? It will be so crazy.

One feature I hope they add is adding the amount of laps you can race around the course, I always enjoyed ongoing races.

Also bring in single race, I don't like being forced to do this grand Prix, even if we can pick a track at any order.

I just want to pick a character, a vehicle and then a track.

Once race finish we should have options to go back, choose another track and try again.