Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: E3 Topic; Footage; More info

Woun

The sweet level music actually reminds me a lot of this upon hearing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2o5zKSvz_M

That was the same reaction I had. It sounds like a mix between that and the title music of Before the Sequel.

And though this is just me, it also reminds me of the music from the PS1/N64 Bug's Life game for some reason. That game was a big part of my childhood, so that makes me happy.

I'm pretty sure there's more than three stages per world. If you look back at Woun's interview, Iizuka says the following:

If you have a view of Windy Hill andDesert Ruins , something inside called "world" ligaments will be multiple levels and within worlds will necessarily be at least one stage in the form of a tube (comment: apparently, Iizuka so called stage in a three-dimensional perspective. - Echigo) and a side view of the stage.

So there's at least one tubular and one 2D stage in each world, if not more. Each world contains stages of it's main trope and then some others like the candy and honeycomb stages in Desert Ruins. And in IGN's interview with Aaron Webber, he doesn't say there's only three stages but rather just uses the number three as as example I think.

Let's look at Windy Hil so far...

Demo stage: 

i8hb.jpg

Second stage from trailer:

50ox.png

Sunset stage:

ocn9.jpg

That's three confirmed at least. We have more footage of another 2D area and we don't know for sure if that's part of one of the above acts or not. If Desert Ruins is anything to go by, there'll be some more stages of different tropes within Windy Hill too.

• Thumbs Up 8

I don't think the 3DS stage counts, since I thought one of the interviews said that 3DS stages and Wii U stages would be different. 

I don't think the 3DS stage counts, since I thought one of the interviews said that 3DS stages and Wii U stages would be different. 

There's no DS stage there- all the screenshots are from the Wii U version. If you're talking about the sunset stage it's in both versions; Wii U and 3DS as seen in the trailer.

On another note, people like this are really pissing me off.

http://youtu.be/v4apyOyOnMs

For the love of God it's been 12 years! That's over half of Sonic's existence, and there's been over 20 releases of Sonic games on Nintendo and other platforms. Let it go already.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 6

I don't want to be that guy, but man, was this playthrough lousy. Trying to record a game with a camera while actually playing it all by yourself just should not be done...

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't want to be that guy, but man, was this playthrough lousy. Trying to record a game with a camera while actually playing it all by yourself just should not be done...

Bad gamer in Gamekyo

There's no DS stage there- all the screenshots are from the Wii U version. If you're talking about the sunset stage it's in both versions; Wii U and 3DS as seen in the trailer.

For the love of God it's been 12 years! That's over half of Sonic's existence, and there's been over 20 releases of Sonic games on Nintendo and other platforms. Let it go already.

Sonic Advance 1 and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle were released like over a decade ago, this fucking guy needs to get with the program

Good. For a while I was worried it'd be like Sonic Colors, where you can't double jump if you're in the vicinity of an enemy.

I swear to god that was awful.

Edited by Solly

Good. For a while I was worried it'd be like Sonic Colors, where you can't double jump if you're in the vicinity of an enemy.

I swear to god that was awful.

Yeah agreed, especially since the Colours HA had so much goddamn range.  I've had it sometimes hit enemies off screen 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah agreed, especially since the Colours HA had so much goddamn range. I've had it sometimes hit enemies off screen

I never had this problem, mostly because I've usually only used it on platform areas where enemies are scarce. And offscreen? Never had that problem (the reticule only pops up when there's an enemy onscreen) though I will agree that the range is fucking crazy.

Edited by Soniman

I never had this problem, mostly because I've usually only used it on platform areas where enemies are scarce. And offscreen? Never had that problem, though I will agree that the range is fucking crazy.

It's really apparent in planet wisp act 3

The guy's been living under a rock in the last 12 years. Sonic games being on Nintendo systems isn't a huge shock anymore. Unless he's trying to be funny.

The guy's been living under a rock in the last 12 years. Sonic games being on Nintendo systems isn't a huge shock anymore. Unless he's trying to be funny.

It's Sonic. Gaming Journalists always try to take the piss all the time with him.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's Sonic. Gaming Journalists always try to take the piss all the time with him.

It's still makes them look completely obnoxious though.

Did he really just say that Sonic is not known for great level design? He should go play the classics, then Generations, then some of the Adventure games. Hell the Advance games had great level design. And he is not so sure about the game because of the drastic control scheme change? Ugh. How about you sit down with the game for more than 5 mins and learn the controls. I swear that is the first thing I do in any game before I go on a crazy hunt.

It seems like using a run button to make up for not really having the controls sorted left them about as confusing to newcomers as I expected. Making it worse, the way they went about it seems to have left the controls with no finesse. Just point and squirt.

Edited by Phos