Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: E3 Topic; Footage; More info

Woun

To see this game getting nominated that number of times under 'Best of E3' made me form a surprised smile.

And it earned 'Best of Wii U' by Destructoid...heh.

Im even more surprised that IGN gave it a nomination than them O_O

You know... I been seeing people say it isn't to fast. I think its for the best. Even classic games, you don't see Sonic exploding through a game. I feel like the speed is similar to that of the adventure games. With that, it makes the game feel longer and explore more. I rather have that, then a unleashed / colors / generation game where you fly through the game in 5 hours.

Regardless im glad the game is getting nominated and what not.

The candy level is kinda slow, but Windy Hill is entirely dependant on skill. Lots of players have blazed through it in videos. If you know how to play, it's really fast. And the honeycomb level speaks for itself.

Congrats to Aaron Webber, who was selected as one of the Men of E3 from GayGamer.net!

I had to laugh.

Edited by Blue Blood

The game got Best of Wii U at Destructoid over DKCR2, SM3DW, and MK8. That's an outstanding achievement in my eye.

Wait it won?  I think its only been nominated at this point.  

You know... I been seeing people say it isn't to fast. I think its for the best. Even classic games, you don't see Sonic exploding through a game. I feel like the speed is similar to that of the adventure games. With that, it makes the game feel longer and explore more. I rather have that, then a unleashed / colors / generation game where you fly through the game in 5 hours.

Regardless im glad the game is getting nominated and what not.

I think its more of a depending on stage design thing, because I personally liked unleashed and generations speeds because the level design's catered to them well but obviously unless you want to have some form of control, that speed wouldn't work for this game in general since the level design wasn't made for it (except maybe the mach speed sections but the point still stands).

Sounds great Barry! looks like this one will have a lot of Replay time!

• Thumbs Up 1

So Iizuka-san confirmed that each world will have 3 different types of level? Three per world, 6 worlds, probably one or two final zones, plus the boss battles, hmm: 18 ~ 20 playable levels and 7 bosses (each Deadly and Eggman at the end because YOU know it will happen). That's a little more than Generations, but considering with have much more variety this time, it's better. I kinda like the idea of first zone 3D platforming, second zone only 2.5D and third zone non-stop running, it's a Generations approach, to please most peoples. I just wished that the 2.5D levels were scrapped, I mean, I love 2D, don't get me wrong, but with all modern Sonic's habilities, 2D is kinda... I don't know which word I need here... But yeah, I wish it was all 3D.

Edited by Jango

So wait, does he meant like... 3 full 3d levels, 3 full 2.5D levels, and 3 speed levels per World?

So wait, does he meant like... 3 full 3d levels, 3 full 2.5D levels, and 3 speed levels per World?

One of each per world.

Putting the jump on two buttons and giving one the homing attack while the other has the double jump..

Wow. Actually a really smart idea!

Also, the Spindash, rolling, the Peel-out and the bounce attack are back. SO stoked! The gameplay still looks twitchy as all heck but at least I get a better idea of how this controls now, and I'm a bit used to the more tier-based speed system now. Seems like as usual, people are gonna flail and die because of a lack of carefulness, while Sonic fans learn to master/exploit the mechanics; even though Aaron was preaching about how this was easier than the last games. Cool. :v

Don't know how I feel about all the levels being all either tubes, automated, or 2D though. I don't mind it at all actually, but I still wish we'd get the more down-to-earth level designs; but oh well, looks like we're not gonna get that.

My optimism has grown a good large chunk, but I'm still a bit cautious. Really disappointed still that the story seems as limited as ever (and as you can tell, some reviewers love it just for that which doesn't help), but I'll bite. The aesthetic plus the INCREDIBLY atmospheric soundtrack is giving me Unleashed vibes and I'm loving it.

Ready to see what TGS gives us!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that's kind of lame, Sonic Colors had 32 levels to its name, I don't same why this game should be shorter.

I hope there's more levels than that, like I want to believe that Iizuka meant that each level will have three TYPES of the levels at least once during the world as a whole, but it will have more than JUST 3 stages.

Edited by Soniman

Well that's kind of lame, Sonic Colors had 32 levels to its name, I don't same why this game should be shorter.

I hope there's more levels than that, like I want to believe that Iizuka meant that each level will have three TYPES of the world at least once during the world, but it will have more than JUST 3 stages.

I hope too, buch since each level willbe strongly different from each other, it's for the better. Also, Colors, pffs, some acts were total bullshit, like that one were you just run around on saturn's rings hitting motobugs, not to mention most of them are just pieces of the first act...

I hope there's more levels than that, like I want to believe that Iizuka meant that each level will have three TYPES of the levels at least once during the world as a whole, but it will have more than JUST 3 stages.

Well in fairness, much as I love Colors, it did have a fair few acts that were basically just fluff that could have easily been parts of other levels.

EDIT: OH HELLO JANGO YOU COME HERE OFTEN?

Edited by Chili Dawg

Well in fairness, much as I love Colors, it did have a fair few acts that were basically just fluff that could have easily been parts of other levels.

EDIT: OH HELLO JANGO YOU COME HERE OFTEN?

Hey, the quality of said levels are an entirely different discussion, at the end of the day though it still had 32 levels. tongue.png

Edited by Soniman

Hey, the quality of said levels are an entirely different discussion, at the end of the day though it still had 32 levels. tongue.png

I rather have quality over quantity :P

• Thumbs Up 3

I rather have quality over quantity tongue.png

True, but at the same time though, you can never have to much of a good thing, and Sonic games as of later has had a real problem with incredibly short length after they stopped relying on alternate gameplay to pad out their game by several hours. I would like to get a long game filled with pure Sonic goodness, and since this game is getting so many comparisons to Galaxy, I want to see it of that length.

True, but at the same time though, you can never have to much of a good thing, and Sonic games as of later has had a real problem with incredibly short length after they stopped relying on alternate gameplay to pad out their game by several hours. I would like to get a long game filled with pure Sonic goodness, and since this game is getting so many comparisons to Galaxy, I want to see it of that length.

Sonic Unleashed had a decent number of daytime levels without feeling like tacked on filler unlike Colors.

Sonic Unleashed had a decent number of daytime levels without feeling like tacked on filler unlike Colors.

If I recall, Unleashed had its fair number of gimmicky acts though, :U

I mean I only remember Unleashed having one full act per stage, while Colors would at least have 2 or 3.

Edited by Soniman

If I recall, Unleashed had its fair number of gimmicky acts though, :U

I mean I only remember Unleashed having one full act per stage, while Colors would at least have 2 or 3.

There are hard versions of the initial acts for starters. Then you got levels like Windmill Isle act 4....so no not really.

One of each per world.

Shocker. You'd think they'd bother addressing one of the oldest criticisms of the Unleashed formula.

Edited by Balding Spider

As long as the game gives meaty content out of the stages we get. As much as I loved the second and third acts of Unleashed's levels, they were rather filler-y, so this limitation may help somewhat.

Does worry me a bit though about stage size. Hope that the stages get exponentially larger as it goes, since I don't want to blast through this game in minutes' time.

• Thumbs Up 1