Awoo.

Sonic Lost World: E3 Topic; Footage; More info

Woun

Not that it really matters, but Aaron also said Sonic Lost World is the second game in the three game Nintendo deal.

We kinda knew that already. Olympics is the first game.

As big of a proponent for increased narrative and character utilization as I am, I'm surprised at the outrage over this supposed decision. What were we all honestly expected after the last three games???

I want to know the context of the question and what he said specifically. :/

I don't recall the part where he compared their roles to Sonic's, Tails' and Eggman's, but he definitely said they wouldn't just be cameos. Er, for whatever that's worth.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't recall the part where he compared their roles to Sonic's, Tails' and Eggman's, but he definitely said they wouldn't just be cameos. Er, for whatever that's worth.

Oh, well...that's okay then. I guess! o_o

There was a question about Knuckles and whether he was playable. Aarons answer:

Sonic is our primary focus as a playable character, but you are going to be seeing a lot of Tails in the cutscenes. Sonic and Tails are very, very close in this game. And you're also going to see Knuckles and Amy within the cutscenes and more than just a single cameo. So, not a playable character but hopefully a little something for the guy that wanted to see Knuckles.

Sounds better than Generations, but sounds very much like it's mainly Sonic and Tails considering the way he worded it all.

@ Nepenthe: No, it's not a surprise at all. But even when it's what I was expecting I can't help but be disappointed.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

We kinda knew that already. Olympics is the first game.

I don't remember it being stated before. I haven't really been following these games closely, though. 

As big of a proponent for increased narrative and character utilization as I am, I'm surprised at the outrage over this supposed decision. What were we all honestly expected after the last three games???

Sega decided to switch up the gameplay entirely, but still lack the balls to improve the characterisation between other characters.

Sorry, but I'm just bored of seeing Sonic only interact with Tails and Eggman, it was fine in Colours but it's definitely overstayed its welcome.

I don't remember it being stated before. I haven't really been following these games closely, though.

It's from right back when Lost World was announced in the Nintendo Direct.

Me too. I skipped out on this part, so I would like to be informed on the context of the statement before I "flip out."

Oh so it's basically something all of us already knew, Knuckles and Amy aren't playable but they still have a role beyond simple cameos.

Okay then, pretty much knew that from the start.

I'm also getting pretty sick of the lack of other characters, both in story and especially with them always not being playable. 

It's from right back when Lost World was announced in the Nintendo Direct.

Oh, then I must have simply forgot. 

Wait, that Iizuka interview said a 3DS demo is already available? What? Unless they just mean the E3 demo.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Sega decided to switch up the gameplay entirely, but still lack the balls to improve the characterisation between other characters.

Sorry, but I'm just bored of seeing Sonic only interact with Tails and Eggman, it was fine in Colours but it's definitely overstayed its welcome.

I'm bored as hell with it too, but there was literally nothing shown to make me hope for otherwise on the narrative front, so this news isn't surprising. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

Was the gamespot demo saved somewhere?  I'd like to be able to watch it.  Or will it be uploaded to Youtube at a later stage?

Was the gamespot demo saved somewhere?  I'd like to be able to watch it.  Or will it be uploaded to Youtube at a later stage?

I think this is it. Maybe. I dunno, I just Googled it and hoped for the best. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Oh so it's basically something all of us already knew, Knuckles and Amy aren't playable but they still have a role beyond simple cameos.

Okay then, pretty much knew that from the start.

Aaron primarily mentioned how close Sonic & Tails are, and mentioned Knuckles & Amy almost passively. We're probably grasping at straws here, but considering Generations, I wouldn't be very surprised if Knuckles & Amy were indeed just extras like they were in that game.

I'll echo everyone else and say I'm really sick of this shit too. I like Sonic & Tails very much, but why the fuck does everyone else need to be shafted so much, its annoying. This is the fourth time. Its doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, but I'm a lot less excited because I was looking forward to the interactions between the group as opposed to it being yet another Sonic & Tails adventure.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aaron primarily mentioned how close Sonic & Tails are, and mentioned Knuckles & Amy almost passively. We're probably grasping at straws here, but considering Generations, I wouldn't be very surprised if Knuckles & Amy were indeed just extras like they were in that game.

I'll echo everyone else and say I'm really sick of this shit too. I like Sonic & Tails very much, but why the fuck does everyone else need to be shafted so much, its annoying. This is the fourth time. Its doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, but I'm a lot less excited because I was looking forward to the interactions between the group as opposed to it being yet another Sonic & Tails adventure.

But according to Aaron's words Knuckles and Amy's roles extend beyond cameos a la Generations it seems, so they ARE going to have some role (Sonic will actually TALK to them for one I hope) and while Sonic and Tails are going to have more of their bromance (as they should), and be the MAIN characters (also Eggman), it doesn't seem it will take away from anything regarding Knuckles and Amy's roles and they will indeed have a decent roll to play.

Edited by Soniman

Because of morons like this:

"The Sonic franchise started sliding into the gutter as soon as they tried throwing a story into the mix and adding about a billion stupid characters. Sonic Lost World is bringing Sonic back to his roots by keeping it simple and fun, very fun. I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun this game was, it felt like the original Sonic the Hedgehog, but 3D."

This was from a preview of SLW. Jerks like this unfortunately have too much power and people often take reviewers word as gospel often using scores as "proof" why a game is great or sucks.

Depressing, I know.

• Thumbs Up 2

But according to Aaron's words Knuckles and Amy's roles extend beyond cameos a la Generations it seems, so they ARE going to have some role (Sonic will actually TALK to them for one I hope) and while Sonic and Tails are going to have more of their bromance (as they should), and be the MAIN characters (also Eggman), it doesn't seem it will take away from anything regarding Knuckles and Amy's roles and they will indeed have a decent roll to play.

True, but like I said considering their last appearance, I'm not holding any real hope. At the best they'll just be side characters who'll show up for a scene or two and then disappear without a trace and not have any real role in the story. People are primarily upset that they're getting sidelined again.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

You can only do so much for their story significance when you don't make them playable.

Edited by Soniman

You can only do so much for their story significance when you don't make them playable.

What does that make every other instance when the characters were NPCs, yet still had story significance?

VEDJ-F hasn't got the right link there. This is it. It's a bit difficult to find cause it's still live streaming. Just scroll back to 04:52.00 to find the Lost World segment. It's about 20 mins long.

I mean, how in the world do Knuckles and Amy even get up there in the first place? The only logical reason I can think is that they'd hitch a ride on the Tornado, which will make their inevitably-lacking roles that much weirder. 

Or maybe Eggman built another elevator, I guess?...

You know, with all of the Colors business going on, I wouldn't be surprised if that was it, as well as him using his tractor beam to hold the planet in place.

What does that make every other instance when the characters were NPCs, yet still had story significance?

Decent balancing? Which is what I'm expecting here, I know everyone else seems to be expecting the worse (for good reason) but hey, never hurts to be optimistic.

Or maybe Eggman built another elevator, I guess?...

You know, with all of the Colors business going on, I wouldn't be surprised if that was it, as well as him using his tractor beam to hold the planet in place.

1: If there was a elevator, why would Sonic and Tails be using the plane, lol.

2: I highly doubt you would use a tractor beam to bring a planet within ANOTHER PLANET, chalk it up to more like Little Planet esque shenanigans.

Edited by Soniman