Awoo.

Brawl in the Family (BitF)

Gabz Girl

2013-12-21-IaPL4.jpg There will never be a world without Waluigi, he won't allow it.

I love how Dedede never actually sees Kirby fate, he just outright decides to do good after hearing that it was grim and combined with the other stuff.

Also, Dedede has a new hat but Dededoll still remains.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ah, here's a surprise update!

Songs based off Christmas Carols and Nintendo music as usual for Brawl In The Family around this time, quite a few of them too.

They're pretty nice plus it goes on for four minutes, that's pretty neat.

Also combining Kid Icarus music with a song about  angels singing is pretty clever.

• 4 weeks later...

Its BACK!

538 – Fun With Merging

2014-01-21-538.jpg

We’re back for the new year and more Nintendo-related mischief! 2014 is a big year for me–development for Tadpole Treble is well underway and it’s truly exciting to actually be making a video game of my own at this point. Even in the midst of that, though, you’ll be able to catch new comics each Tuesday and Friday, right here. Thanks for your patience over the break!

Today’s strip is something of a more elaborate version of strip 482. I love doing this sort of “comic escalation” whenever the opportunity arises, so I couldn’t help revisit Link’s issues with wall-merging here. On a related note, A Link Between Worlds surprised the heck out of me; I actually thought it’d be kind of a bland, disposable experience and I ended up completely loving it. Serves me right for doubting the Big N and the Big Z.

We’ll talk in more detail about ALBW and several other titles from 2013 in an upcoming podcast! And speaking of which, the podcast links SHOULD be working in the side tab now, finally. Plus, the “Next Button” issue a lot of you were having should be fixed too.

For now, though, I’ll just leave you with the reminder to check back here twice a week for a return to the regular schedule.

-By Matthew

2014-01-24-539-Leak.jpg

Matt, you be trollin'.

(though I don't really care if Palutena gets in or not :U)

• Thumbs Up 6

2014-01-31-541.jpgCome on, Adeleine, you didn't invite Waddle Dee?

The art in this one is pretty adorable and yeah, I agree, playing games with friends is pretty good way to cheer up when you're down.

• Thumbs Up 7

Questions finally answered.

*post*

Someone's gonna have an avatar of either the last two panels, is there.

Sonic's expression in the final panel is just priceless! XD

2014-02-04-542-Tree.jpg

Tentacool is also useful for getting rid of Sudowoodos with it's water attacks.

Also, Tentacool can learn cut? I didn't know that, huh.

2014-02-07-543-MegaCrush.jpg

WHA???? SAMUS ISN'T A ROBOT?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;A;

• Thumbs Up 6

2014-02-14-545-DivideByHero1.jpgThese two seem have  forgotten all the defeats they have gained from these swapped rivals from the series this comic is named after, well either them or them summoning Snorlax.

A swapped rivals storyline, eh?

Those are usually fun, plus I love all the cameos in this one.

Don't read the alt text for that guys.

Not unless you have a stockple of extra-strong brain bleach.

due to sad news, comic is on break this week, I'll let them explain

In loving memory…

2014-02-17-TerraBitFpic.jpg

Monday, February 17 — 10:00 AM

Terra was a beautiful Shetland Sheepdog that brought an incredible amount of joy into our lives. This weekend, her life was tragically cut short after wriggling out of her collar and getting hit by a car. I feel that I want the world to know how much our sweet puppy meant to us–she was a symbol of unconditional love, a boundless ball of energy that always was thrilled to meet people. We hope she’s happier where she is now, and Sarah and I look forward to meeting her again one day.

I’m sorry, but BitF will be taking the week off and will resume next Tuesday. I don’t feel very funny right now.

Incidentally, if any of you have ever had to cope with losing a pet and have any sort of advice or condolences for dealing with the immense heartbreak, we’d be very comforted to hear what you might want to say to us in this thread, or at staff (at) brawlinthefamily.com. We’re comprising a scrapbook of Terra memories and are trying to cope. Thank you very much.

We love you, Terra. Try not to pester God too much without us.

-By Matthew

• Thumbs Up 2

It hath returned!

546 – Divide by Hero (Part 2)

2014-02-25-546-DividebyHero2.jpg

546 – Divide by Hero (Part 2)

Tuesday, February 25 — 9:00 AM

As it turns out, all Ganondorf had to do was be a little bit smarter than Bowser. I always figured he was the Nintendo villain with the lion’s share of brains, while Bowser is more of the muscle–powerful and brash with a bad temper, but not a very crafty guy. Or he could just be so confident in his abilities that he willingly stands on the bridge time and time again. After all, sometimes a villain’s biggest foe isn’t their rival–it’s hubris.

Will Link fare better than Mario? And if not, could this spell disaster for our heroes?

Incidentally, thanks to everyone who offered their thoughts and condolences last week for Terra. Your messages have been a big help to Sarah and I, and we’re still in the process of replying to them, but keep in mind that we’re reading all of them and we appreciate it.

-By Matthew

Aww, that poor doggy. Not even 2 years old either! <=( I'm glad to see he's continuing the comic again now, after all that.