Awoo.

Brawl in the Family (BitF)

Gabz Girl

Luigi seems to be the least pleased about this,

It's because Luigi is never in first place to begin with

• Thumbs Up 5

2014-05-06-563-NewAbility.png

Unexpected Archer reference is unexpected.

Flavor text keeps the references going, but with one closer to home than Archer:

The new Bell ability is even stranger, causing Kirby to converse with candlesticks, clocks and teapots.

• Thumbs Up 8

Alternatively:

"As I pray... Unlimited Blade Works."

The Halberd was later discovered shot down by about a billion swords.

This explains a lot

2014-05-09-564.png

564 – The Most Comfortable Way to Hold a 3DS

Friday, May 9 — 10:00 AM

I’ve been wanting to do a comic on this for awhile.

Nintendo’s had a weird focus on making the A button on a diamond-shaped (i.e. SNES-style) layout the primary button. During the SNES days, this wasn’t the case; games like DKC and Mario World would have you running by holding Y, and tapping B, while Square’s games always stood out to me for having the far-right A be the confirm button (and B being cancel).

Since the Wii’s classic controller, though (and extending to the 3DS), they pretty much go back to this awkward A/B layout every time, including in the new Kirby game. I think it’s to keep the button names consistent across platforms, but the B/A configuration on the NES controller is clearly the equivalent of the Y/B configuration on the SNES, because of the way your thumb is angled.

Now, this strip exaggerates the curvature of one’s thumb a bit, but even so, the most comfortable way I can play games like this is by having my thumb sit on the edge between both buttons, and “rocking” back and forth–and this just doesn’t feel all that great.

So amidst people clamoring for Nintendo to make more “hardcore” games, I just would like them to go back to the way Super Mario World controlled already!

-By Matthew

• Thumbs Up 5

2014-05-20-567-Exeggcute.png

I guess you can say he was...

...exeggcuted.

BD

• Thumbs Up 6

2014-05-27-569-Nidoking.png

The dangers of Moon Stone abuse. Also, it's kinda funny that VGCats also recently uploaded a comic featuring the OTHER Nidoran and Nidoqueen:

140522.jpg

XD

• Thumbs Up 9

2014-06-06-572-FinishingBlow.png

That was one shell of a victory!

(I promise to never steal puns from the Ninja Turtles again.)

I love how the banana peel's expression changes, I kinda feel bad for the banana peel in the last panel they are in, that's a really sad pair of eyes. 

Also, no comics till July 2nd, Matthew is on his summer vacation and visiting his in-laws, not to mention that E3 is coming up, hope he enjoys his break.

• Thumbs Up 3

2014-06-06-572-FinishingBlow.png

That was one shell of a victory!

(I promise to never steal puns from the Ninja Turtles again.)

I love how the banana peel's expression changes, I kinda feel bad for the banana peel in the last panel they are in, that's a really sad pair of eyes. 

Also, no comics till July 2nd, Matthew is on his summer vacation and visiting his in-laws, not to mention that E3 is coming up, hope he enjoys his break.

I don't get it

oh right, he threw himself.

But he didn't throw himself. He removed his shell and tossed that. He's seen holding the trophy while in a t-shirt and boxers.

Lol, I never realised either until now that he did in fact throw himself. Genius! XD

came early this week

2014-06-01-571-PinkGoldPeach.png

So....

Remember when Wario tried to steal a massive gold statue of Peach in Wario Land 1? And got one-upped by Mario? Good times.

• 4 weeks later...

Roll over text said:

"Lots of booing in that room, I'd bet."

OH TRIFORCEBUN

Oh Green Mario, how could you?! *sees Gabe's gif* Oh...that makes sense (where's it from btw?).

Good comic, the Looney Tunes reference made me chuckle.

2014-07-07-575-Splatoon.png

Yo, listen up, here's the story of a few bad guys that live in a blue world.

The shocked look on the Inkling with blue paint's face in the first pane is priceless, I also love that one guy with the crossed arms in the background of the last panel.

Here's hoping the Inkling with orange paint has a invisible Franklin Badge or something.

• Thumbs Up 6