Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Detective Shadzter

Pre-order at GAME and get an exclusive item chest that plays the jingle when opened:

http://vine.co/v/hwzQb2LpneO

Ta-da-da-daaa! Pre-order The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds at GAME before the game’s launch on 22nd November to get your hands on the exclusive item revealed right here…

Pretty nifty!

Just saw that gift posted on Facebook. That is officially the best pre-order gift ever, but will Nintendo please change retailers for once? I can't keep affording GAME's prices. 

Always GAME >_>

Some new info from NYCC:

The first thing that hits you is the music. I've always been a big videogame audio person. Headphones on, volume up. I don't understand people who play games with the sound off and if you do that with this game then you're missing out on a glorious, sparkling cascade of musical delights. The music is superb. It hasn't been orchestrated but it didn't need to be. Updated classics tug at the heartstrings like the world's greatest harpist, and remixes blend classical guitars with brass sections for genuine lug tingles.

The second thing that hits you is the graphical fidelity and how absolutely solid everything feels. I tend to turn the 3D slider down on most games these days (whacking it up for the cut scenes) but Link Between Worlds' 3D is masterful and seamless. It smacks of a company that has finally figured out how to apply it properly. If Luigi's Mansion 2 used it well, LBW has perfected the technique.

I also feel like I understand the premise a little bit better. A character named Yuga turns up and turns local sage Ceres into a painting before discarding little Link (who just happens to be delivering a sword to the captain of the palace guard). The decidedly disturbed individual has some connection to Ganon (and looks just like him too) and is trying to gather the seven sages in order to free him from his magical prison (you may remember that he was locked away at the end of Ocarina Of Time by the seven sages).

What... you want more!? Ok, I'll tell you four more things. In your house, Majora's Mask is on the wall. Exciting, right?

Number two is more significant. In a nod to Monster Hunter, potions are now made by witches but can only be brewed if you you track down the right ingredients. Certain enemies will drop items, such as Monster Guts, as you'll need a set number of these items in order to get specific potions.

The third thing I'll tell you is that full button assignments don't come immediately. When you start the game you'll be able to assign an item to the Y button. It's not until later, when you find the Pouch, that you'll be able to assign an item to the X button as well.

Speaking of items, one of the first items you'll find is the Hint Glasses. These allow you to see Hint Ghosts (and possibly other hidden doorways), who demand payment before giving you hints. In the early hours these hints seem really obvious. Perhaps this is Nintendo's way of helping the mainstream audience or perhaps the hints really will be essential later on in the game.

Obviously I don't want to ruin the game for anyone so I'm not going to reveal too much... but I can say with absolute certainty that you need this game.

It does feel a lot like Link To The Past but within the first few hours you'll have sampled the bow (which relies on a recharging gauge to function) and the brand new ability that lets you merge into walls and travel along them. The familiarity is there but so is the knowledge that this is a brand new adventure that's set to thrust into umpteen new dungeons and the alternative world of Lorule.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/55309/blog/why-you-need-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/

Sounds great. Weird that Majora's Mask is in your house when it's been shown to be in Ravio's store. Maybe it's basically the Mario portrait of this game, haha.

The potion thing is interesting, too. Seems to make things more of a challenge.

Only being able to hold one item at the start is odd. Not really sure if I like it. I think yeah, though it seems unnecessary.

Hint Ghosts seem nice. Like I said before, I can easily ignore it, while others can get help.

Also, Link is the son of a smith delivering swords again xP

But...but...Ganon's not sealed away.

He's dead.

Like for really seriously dead.

Like, even by that horrible timeline Nintendo has he's already been resurrected and killed again.

Then again, the Master Sword's sleeping again forever except it isn't, so I think continuity's been thrown off a moving train by this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like, even by that horrible timeline Nintendo has he's already been resurrected and killed again.

Then again, the Master Sword's sleeping again forever except it isn't, so I think continuity's been thrown off a moving train by this point.

I wish they'd stick to their guns instead of brining him back, when they could have just as easily expied him out with some new "Demon King" or something.

Ganon already returned after LTTP and the Oracles in the very first Zelda. Not sure I see the problem here.

And what's wrong with the timeline?

Edit: Zelda 3DS XL has been announced for Europe, comes with a digital copy of ALBW:

10848361-1381753985-150669.jpg

image_62342_thumb_wide930.jpg

k09mF5K.png

j5aYWsU.jpg

The back side is pretty clever for the games.

Picture of the GAME Preorder bonus:

1375899_575048712562751_2093537134_n-625

So it's a cart holder. Pretty cool. Wish it wasn't UK only.

And, PAL Boxart:

10848407-1381856135-828205.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/10848407.html

Why would you do this NOE? ;_; You always give use the better boxes, why stop now?

Edit: Waaait!!

As a final Zelda-themed update for fans, when the packaged version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds releases in stores on 22nd November, the front cover will be reversible for fans to choose between displaying the nostalgic image of the cover in classic gold, or in full colour. So whether you are a veteran or a newcomer to The Legend of Zelda series, you can choose how to display your copy of this latest Link offering on your mantelpiece!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/October/The-Legend-of-Zelda-A-Link-Between-Worlds-Limited-Edition-Luigi-Special-Edition-Nintendo-3DS-XL-consoles-coming-to-Europe-817994.html

Hooray!

Edited by MarcelloF

GAME Issues Update To State It Won't be Offering Musical Chest With A Link Between Worlds Pre-Orders
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/game_issues_update_to_state_it_wont_be_offering_musical_chest_with_a_link_between_worlds_pre_orders

Hope it's offered at a cheaper retailer.

Seeing the Zelda 3DS.

Maybe I should have got that instead of the Pokemon 3DS. Ahhhhhh Nintedoooooooooh

GAME Issues Update To State It Won't be Offering Musical Chest With A Link Between Worlds Pre-Orders

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/game_issues_update_to_state_it_wont_be_offering_musical_chest_with_a_link_between_worlds_pre_orders

Hope it's offered at a cheaper retailer.

Amazon would be nice. Everyone in Europe could get them then. I'm guessing it'll be on Nintendo's new online store, though.

Wow I really really want the chest but I'm still not fussed about the game.  Aaa.

I enjoy your plight because of your bad taste in Zelda games. :X

I enjoy your plight because of your bad taste in Zelda games. :X

I don't like 2D Zelda generally and A Link To The Past bored the hell out of me so I'm not exactly enthusastic.  You can prolly blame that on playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask first.  I never had a SNES.  I did enjoy Link's Awakening as a kid but I had a guide with full maps for everything so I never got lost or stuck like I did on ALTTP.

A Link To The Past bored the hell out of me

RUN

RUN AWAY

QUICK

burn Jez at the stake

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw this one GoNintendo:

The following info comes from a Gameswelt interview with Eiji Aonuma...

- unlock a higher difficulty setting when you beat the game
- dev team included more then 90 people
- first ideas for the game came to fruition right after Spirit Tracks

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214779

So Hero Mode seems to definitely be staying around. That's cool.

I don't like 2D Zelda generally and A Link To The Past bored the hell out of me so I'm not exactly enthusastic.  You can prolly blame that on playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask first.  I never had a SNES.  I did enjoy%20Link's Awakening as a kid but I had a guide with full maps for everything so I never got lost or stuck like I did on ALTTP.

I remembered. That's what I was getting at =P

Not sure how you got lost in LTTP, though. Everything is marked on the map.

Edited by MarcelloF

I love 2D Zelda, but I wouldn't argue against the notion that ALttP specifically was on the dull side. It's a good game, but it lacks a lot of the charm that the series started developing with Link's Awakening and Ocarina, and the dungeons mostly kind of blend together.

I was pretty excited for this game anyway just because we haven't had a new 2D Zelda in ages, but I was a little worried that it'd go too far in trying to be like ALttP and forget to have a personality. The most recent trailer was a real relief.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah that's the main bother I have with ALTTP.  The series was still going on the train of design of "here is a massive overworld, go explore it!" and I've always been a more linear play kinda guy.  That is to say I don't like to have to spend TOO long figuring out what my goal is, as oppose to working out how to achieve the goal.

But mainly I lost interest in ALTTP after being stuck on a room in a dungeon for like an hour before discovering the solution was to push a random inconspicuous block in a particular direction.  This was only the second or third dungeon so I was just like "hahaha if this is the game's idea of a puzzle no fuck off".

• Thumbs Up 2

But mainly I lost interest in ALTTP after being stuck on a room in a dungeon for like an hour before discovering the solution was to push a random inconspicuous block in a particular direction.  This was only the second or third dungeon so I was just like "hahaha if this is the game's idea of a puzzle no fuck off".

That particular puzzle has been a staple of 2D Zeldas since day 1.

Edited by Blue Blood

Being alone in a room with nothing but blocks in a Zelda game pretty much always means "push fucking EVERYTHING".

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like 2D Zelda generally and A Link To The Past bored the hell out of me so I'm not exactly enthusastic.  You can prolly blame that on playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask first.  I never had a SNES.  I did enjoy Link's Awakening as a kid but I had a guide with full maps for everything so I never got lost or stuck like I did on ALTTP.

Can't be any worse than links awakening dx, the game itself isn't bad per say but my god is it boring to play and if anyone can help me out on what to do when I get bow wow back from the moblins that would be fantastic.

Can't be any worse than links awakening dx, the game itself isn't bad per say but my god is it boring to play and if anyone can help me out on what to do when I get bow wow back from the moblins that would be fantastic.

Bow wow eats the flowers in the swamp which will get your into the 2nd dungeon.

Bow wow eats the flowers in the swamp which will get your into the 2nd dungeon.

Aw okay thanks (forgot about the sign that tells you since it was so long ago since I read it).

Can't be any worse than links awakening dx

giphy.gif

o no u didn't i'm a top navy seal sniper with five medals of honor fite me irl

• Thumbs Up 7

giphy.gif

o no u didn't i'm a top navy seal sniper with five medals of honor fite me irl

I guess it might be since after playing wind waker the game is kind of downer for me, granted I am probably not even that far but assuming that it continues the same way till the end, it might just be one of those things I put down and never pick up again.

I guess it might be since after playing wind waker the game is kind of downer for me, granted I am probably not even that far but assuming that it continues the same way till the end, it might just be one of those things I put down and never pick up again.

Nah, I'm just kiddin' ya. Awakening is my favorite 2D Zelda, but I suppose what with thinking ALBW looks disappointing I'm in no position to argue for taste. :P

• Thumbs Up 1