Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Detective Shadzter

I echo Sean's sentiments! I can hardly afford a new game, let alone a new system, especially with Christmas around the corner!

So I'm working my way through this game. It's really easy right now, but it's even more enjoyable. I'm in the first dungeon after entering Lorule. It's quite easy so far. Neither the puzzles or the combat is proving difficult at all, and Rupees are handed out as readily as NSMB2 gives out coins. The Tower of Hera was almost laughable in it's simplicity. But, like I say, it's great fun. Gonna spend the rest of the weekend sinking my teeth into it.

There's just one thing that's bothering me. Yuga is... a guy? Seriously thought he was a she from the art. And the name. And the voice.

Edited by Blue Blood

Got the game today. So far I've gotten the pendants and finished Thieves Den. I'm exploring a bit now.

Really great game so far. The dungeons are really fun. I've died once when I went to the mines. I got killed after falling down a bunch and then getting hit by a Lynel >_>

Story spoilers:

When Yuga frees Ganon I though, "Wow, this is pretty early. That's kinda surprising." Then they fuse and Hilda saves you. That was crazy. That really caught me off guard. I loved it.

Still don't trust her =P

By the way, at the beginning of the game, the music is different than usual:

http://youtu.be/GOkeRoAyZjk?t=2m20s

Anyone know where I can find a rip of that?

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

How do you people even fucking afford to buy any new 3DS that comes out at the drop of a hat. Didn't the Pokemon 3DS come out like less than two months ago? God almighty.

Nintendo gave me one.

I donated my Pokemon 3DS XL to my little brother who has the Purple 3DS. The Purple 3DS has a high resell value of $140 so I can recoup some of the costs. The 3DS XL Gold comes with Zelda and is only $199.99, pretty much a free $40 game. So about $20 to upgrade to a brand new system for me. I was going to sell the Pokemon (high resell value) but my brother like Pokemon Y so may as well give it to him.

For anyone that wants to jump in on the 3DS train, grab one at Walmart (or price match) to get it for $199.99. Pretty much a 3DS and a free copy of Zelda.

The game is AMAZING. I'm loving the pace and how you're immediately thrown into action. It's also very quick to get one area to the next. If you disliked Zelda for feeling "too slow", I think this game will rectify that feeling.

Edited by Autosaver

The thing I've noticed the most after playing LttP so many times over is not being able to charge your sword and tap it against walls.. in the original you got 2 different sounds, 1 was a solid clang which didn't mean anything and the other was a more hollow sound which meant there was a hidden door on the wall. Came in real handy.. that ability is no more

Just swing your sword against the wall if it can be blown up.

Until then

YRSlOEt.png

Enjoy the sand monster wearing a speedo.

Just swing your sword against the wall if it can be blown up.

Until then

YRSlOEt.png

Enjoy the sand monster wearing a speedo.

What, does Ganon require a decency policy for the Geldmen between LttP and now, or is Yuga just very kinky?

I just got to Lorule, visited the Fortune Teller and

he calls the old witch "Mapes". I'm pretty sure I didn't hallucinate that.

So I guess Maple, of all people, gets to join the met-more-than-one-incarnation-of-Link club along with Ganon, Wind Waker's Deku Tree, Niko and possibly King Zora?

Gotta love how I always end up spoiling myself accidentally when a game comes out and yet the one time I actually want to know what happens there is literally not a single plot summary to be found

How do you people even fucking afford to buy any new 3DS that comes out at the drop of a hat. Didn't the Pokemon 3DS come out like less than two months ago? God almighty.

I usually have a bunch of money saved beforehand. I bought Y digitally since I didn't want to wait till the next day to get Y physical, then I want to gamestop and saw I only had $10 left to pay it off and got it. Then I got Sonic Lost World...and then I got this...I save months before hand for the things I want. Did the same thing for my 3ds capture card...I save a lot.

Anouma said the Majora's Mask info would be found on your second playthrough of the game.

Might I have a source on this one? And by 2nd do you mean playing on hero mode?

Additionally...

ZS1Q071.png

BRING THE PAIN!

Just completed the game less than an hour ago. On the whole? Really, really enjoyed it. I've never played ALttP mind, so the entire game was a fresh experience for me. The ony things I'd criticise it for are A- being way too easy, and B- the storyline sort of ceasing to develop once you reach Lorule, especially when it comes to Yuga and Ganon. Both of those problems arise from the open-ended structure. It's also not very gratifying to be able to go anywhere at any time you like. I would have appreciated a bit more progression.

But all in all, it's just really good fun. Nintendo did a good job on this. Out of curiosity though, how does feel in comparison to ALttP? Like, is it too similar, considering the overworld is almost 1:1?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not finished yet, and it's been a little while since I've played A Link to the Past, but the similarities haven't bothered me too much. The differences in how you can progress make a surprising amount of difference, and ALBW has so much more personality than ALttP that even really familiar areas have felt pretty fresh. I'm a lot more attached to this overworld than I used to be.

(also I'm not too far in Lorule yet, but it feels like they took more liberties here from the Dark World than they did between the two Hyrules)

Finished the game yesterday. Was really great. My favorite Zelda since the Oracles - And those are my favorite Zeldas in general.

Game definitely could of been a bit harder and longer. But, speaking of hard, Hero Mode is brutal o.o Buzz Blobs take two hearts from you. I just got my Master Sword and am collecting some Maiamais. In normal mode I died once throughout the whole game, here I'm already at 3 or 4 deaths. I think I'll go for

Swamp Palace first, so I can get the Blue Mail.

I've seen so many nods to past games in pictures alone

Like portraits of Makar, the Ocarina of Time, an Owl and the Master Sword Sage's instruments.

Oh and I guess it was obvious, but the Lorule Milk Bar owner is Ingo =D

And the music. Oh my god, so awesome.

Oh, and

Holy shit the Super Lamp and Net are as powerful as the lvl. 3 Master Sword!

So what exactly is Oren's deal? Is she naturally fat and just using the Smooth Stone to cheat, or is it something else? I don't think the game ever quite got around to explaining it.

I really like the way the River Zoras were handled in this game, though. Spoilers, maybe? Probably not.

Oren being a sage means... I'm still not 100% sure how the whole sage thing works and whether you actually need to be a blood relative or not, but

probably it means that Oren's descended from Ruto, so the River Zoras and "regular" Zoras finally have a solid connection.

Oh FFS, this game doesn't auto-save after beating the end boss? I spent a long time collecting lots of Maiamais, went to get the Red Mail (missed it on first play through) and went to complete the last dungeon. So then after the credits rolled I was returned to the file select screen and my file only showed the blue mail. Bad bad bad design.

Shouldn't it have saved and unlocked the option of hard mode?

Guess not.

It does unlock hero mode, but it doesn't save your game in the process.

I think I've figured out the MM connection after seeing Ravio.

I think Lorule is the future Termina... Ravio even looks very similar to Kafei, though this is probably just because Kafei was based on Link's model... and, also of course, heavy speculation indicates that Kafei was Link's Termina counterpart anyway.

I do very much like how they brought back the Chamber of the Sages and seem to more directly imply that the sages here are descendants of the originals from OoT. And if this is the case, it also proves that the OoT sages did NOT die by becoming Sages. Then again, the fact that these sages go back to their normal lives after the fact should've been a dead giveaway to that.