Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Detective Shadzter

I just noticed that, in the Nintendo Direct trailer, you can actually see the identities of all the portraits used to revive Ganon.  Some interesting choices for sage descendants there!  There's actually one too many, so either an extra element was invented or they won't be homaging the sage's elements from OoT (Fire, Shadow, etc.).

Seres (the local priest's daughter)

Yellow robe guy with Sand Rod

Goron

Zora

Impa

Link's brother

Irene

Zelda

Hmm... some of the figures on that list appear to be characters you interact with quite a way from the start of the game.  Maybe Yuga doesn't nab the rest of the descendants until quite a bit later on?

Edited by FFWF

You're right, it's not even a little weird that this game is universally praised besides Destructoid.

And so Destructoid aren't allowed to dislike the game?

You're right, that's exactly what I said.

Oh okay, I guess I just completely misinterpreted you saying it's "weird" that this one guy doesn't share the exact opinion as everybody else

My bad. Bias review, 0/10, fire him, et cetera, et cetera

Oh okay, I guess I just completely misinterpreted you saying it's "weird" that this one guy doesn't share the exact opinion as everybody else

My bad. Bias review, 0/10, fire him, et cetera, et cetera

But his opinion is bad, so he isn't entitled to it. He really should be fired.

imnotsrsdonthurtme

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Clearly, if you'll look back at my post, I didn't say it was weird.

I said that he was clearly Satan and that he should be burned at the stake for not having the same fucking opinion as everyone else.

totally didn't just say that it was weird, which would be a completely reasonable thing to say.  No no no.  I said that he should die for his beliefs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Clearly, if you'll look back at my post, I didn't say it was weird.

I said that he was clearly Satan and that he should be burned at the stake for not having the same fucking opinion as everyone else.

totally didn't just say that it was weird, which would be a completely reasonable thing to say.  No no no.  I said that he should die for his beliefs.

You see, if you look at my post, you can see that I am calling you out on saying it's "weird" that not everybody shares the same opinion on the game, because that's fucking stupid. How is calling a person's opinion weird reasonable in any sense of the word?

I don't even know what sarcasm is anymore.

But I'm definitely picking up Zelda ALBW after all of those good scores and reviews. 

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

How is calling a person's opinion weird reasonable in any sense of the word?

"I like to eat feces."

Pretty weird.

I think it's reasonable to call something that is different from the majority "weird", because it generally is. It's not even a bad thing- It is just different, an outlier, and those are odd because they stray from the majority, which is where most people fall. It's not particularly bad, but it is a cause for alarm when a game is getting universally good scores and then gets one (only one) bad score. Scores aren't even varying- nothing has been below an 8. So when a score is just bad- So different from everything else, that's worthy of calling something weird.

I personally think that the game looks great. links model looks kinda gross tho

Edited by Nuggets

But I'm definitely picking up Zelda ALBW after all of those good scores and reviews. 

That was the mindset that led me to expect great things of Skyward Sword.

I... I need to be alone for a moment...

*sob*

So Solkia/Goomy posted this in the statuses earlier.

tumblr_mwbphnu5C31s2nhako1_500.jpg

Arrows fired. Pretty odd, this is something I'd see Sony doing, not Nintendo.

So Solkia/Goomy posted this in the statuses earlier.

tumblr_mwbphnu5C31s2nhako1_500.jpg

Arrows fired. Pretty odd, this is something I'd see Sony doing, not Nintendo.

Yeah... I'm not even sure the guy has a twitter account...

That's a parody account.

Thought so, although nobody in the status chain brought up this possibility.

Geez whats with all these accounts popping up lately, first it was barrack on youtube and now its a reggie on twitter? Moderators need to crack down on th- oh wait nevermind.

So I read that an Iwata Asks for ALBW just went live, and contains the following snippet:

Aonuma: Right. In Japan, though, it didn’t feel out of place to add a “2″ to Triforce of the Gods, so we decided on that. Some of the staff, however, thought that would encourage people to think it is a remake.

Shikata: There was even talk of calling it The New Legend of Zelda like there’s New Super Mario! (laughs)

Everyone: (laughs)

Ha ha ha

Ha ha

Ha.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I read that an Iwata Asks for ALBW just went live, and contains the following snippet:

Ha ha ha

Ha ha

Ha.

I'm so sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-mNw11ZXbY

bah

bah bah bah bah

bah BAH

BAH BAH BAH BAH

BAH bah

bah bah bah bah

bah BAH

BAH BAH BAH BAH

BAH bah

bah bah bah bah

bah BAH

BAH BAH BAH BAH

bah BAH

BAH BAH BAH BAH

bah BAH

BAH BAH BAH BAH

BAH BAH buh

buh-buh-buh-buh-bah-BAH

BAAH-buh-bah-bah-BAH

BAH-BAH-BAH-buh-BAH-BAH buh

BUH buh bu-ba-bah-BAH

BAH-bu-buh-bu-bu BAH

buh-buh-buh-BAH BAH BAH

buh BAH BAH BAH-BAH-bah-bah-buh-buh-buh-buh

I'm not sorry

Edited by Gabe Scrooge
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm so sorry.

You meant to post this:

Of course, if Smooth McGroove did the soundtrack, I would have to buy twelve copies, so I guess the strategy works.

• Thumbs Up 1

And it's out, I played a good 2 1/2 hours and rented a healthy amount of items from Ravio. Instead of going to the mountains, I went to Lake Hylia for the other dungeon which required....something shiny for something huge and...I don't know how to describe it. I also ran into an enemy that knocked 3 hearts right out of Link to which I panicked and ran like a bitch.

Besides that I'm having fun, also I couldn't wait to go to the store so I bought the eshop version.

Also this game runs so god damn smoothly, delicious 60fps.

Edited by Jetronic

I've been cruising through the game so far. I fear I may be going through it a little too quick. Though what I've been through has been very enjoyable.

Yuga's a guy who I just really want to grind his face into the dirt. His power to turn people into paintings reminds me of Majin Buu's power to turn people into food, which unnerves me just as much, but at least the latter's victims are provided a swift death. Yuga is content with keeping his victims as paintings or "stains on the wall" forever, so any and all punishment given to him is justified to me.

As far as the gameplay itself is concerned, it's surprising how swift and ingrained the new thought process of tackling any temple you wish at your own order is. I was about to head my over to the Zora Fountain to access the House of Gales, but I had a chasm blocking my path. I completely forgot I had the ability to merge into the wall, so I went to the fortune teller, who provided me vague help, but on my way back, I started travelling north, and found myself on Death Mountain. I decided to tackle the Tower of Hera then and there, and had no problem, and went back to the completing the House of Gales. No problem.

By the way, the House of Gales boss is now one of my favorite bosses. Steampunk ftw.

All in all, I'm enjoying it, with my only gripe being the pacing and how short the game feels, though that may just be me, who's played Zelda to the point of growing accustomed to how things work.

Story spoiler

I just now entered Lorule.

Things I expected:

- Yuga wanting to summon Ganon

Things I did not expect:

- Yuga summoning Ganon as soon as Link enters Lorule. This guy wastes no time.

- Yuga ACTUALLY FUSING WITH GANON AND THE TRIFORCE OF POWER. And on top of that, ACTUALLY being the DOMINANT FORCE in that union. Yuga is definitely not a guy to be messing with, and this proved it. I'm still banking on pure Ganon being the final boss, but holy shit. I'm now compelled to see how this ends.

j23iBqL.jpg

Guess what I got! I love it! I personally prefer the matte finish of the Zelda 3DS XL to the glossy finish of the Pokemon XL.

Edit:

MTUQbQN.jpg

I really dislike the original 3DS. Too small.

Edited by Autosaver

I really dislike the original 3DS. Too small.

I feel pretty much the opposite.

Anyone find the Majora's Mask info yet?

Edited by 100% Original Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

I feel pretty much the opposite.

Anyone find the Majora's Mask info yet?

Not yet but

aw0b.png

I tried wearing it but nothing happened :c