Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Detective Shadzter

I still really really want this even though I don't because blargh 2D Zelda gameplay.  But playing WWHD has put me in the mood to attempt to tolerate my way through Phantom Hourglass again, then maybe try Spirit Tracks.  I know they're 100% unrelated to this game story-wise, but they'd be a cheaper form of getting a handheld Zelda fix... especially considering I already own PH, just didn't finish it.

Edited by JezMM

So will Link have a dark counterpart called Harvey?

• Thumbs Up 5

When the game was first revealed, as much as I was kinda intrigued by it , I still didn't really care enough to get hyped or really think about buying it anytime after it's release, but after catching up on the stuff about, then I swear I want this game now.

I mean, I want this game inside me my 3DS.

I'm suddenly caring about it. D:

god help me

Edited by Dead Eyes Alex

Did anyone else think around 1:25 of the trailer there that the enemy was using a painting as a shield at first glance? After a few moments it just showed to be holding it, but I hope something like that is used. It was a portrait of Zelda I believe, and facing an enemy defending itself with the very person you're trying to save would be mind blowingly awesome in terms of strategy to fight. It'll prolly forever be just my wishes, but it should happeeeen, D:.

Anyways each new thing for this game pumps me up for it a bit more. I was already planning on getting it off the bat, but I haven't been tailing or hyping for it as much for some reason.

This is my opinion but Hilda looks like a younger version of the Twilight Princess from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. 

This is my opinion but Hilda looks like a younger version of the Twilight Princess from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. 

You haven't looked at the Twilight Princess in a while then.

She looks nothing like Midna.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 5

What if Lorule and Termina are related...?

I'd... really rather that not be the case. Termina's geography is just about the least interesting part of Majora's Mask. The only really interesting parts of Termina were mostly so because the world was coming to an end. I can't really imagine what could be gained by going to "the Deku Palace except it's ______," for instance. If they want to bring a bit of MM to the main series, then give the game a solid story, cast, and atmosphere. The last thing I'd want to happen to MM is for Nintendo to latch on to its superficial elements without understanding what lay beneath them. The sort of "let's bring back the Tanooki suit without any of it's cooler powers" thinking that Nintendo has been showing recently. I dunno.

I guess it'd be a bit like trying to give someone a birthday cake to make them happy on some random day of the year. Sure, cake is awesome, but you'd be missing the point pretty terribly if you believed that the desert was what makes most people so happy on their birthdays.

...Uh, I don't even know if that's what you were implying, but I just sort of threw words up on the screen and there they are. Random tirade OVER.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alternate timeline split in which the moon destroys Termina

Alternate timeline in which Link stays in Termina after stopping the Moon.

It could be Termina. This is the timeline where Link dies in the fight against Ganondorf, so assuming the same events happened to Termina in all timelines, there was no hero to save it. Not sure I believe it myself, but why not, you know?

Actually, was the Kotaku gameplay video posted here?

http://kotaku.com/eight-minutes-of-lovely-zelda-link-between-worlds-game-144408650

Also, this probably means nothing but Lorule also has snow covered mountains, which could be Snowhead.

lorulemapehugr.jpg

Polygon has an article with quite an interesting part on hand-holding:

According to Aonuma, the aforementioned new elements in A Link Between Worlds aren't just meant to make the game stand out from its predecessors. He also wanted to design the game so it would be "a less linear, more free experience.

"We wanted to make it a game where it would be fun to get stuck and be lost," Aonuma explained. Aside from it being a sequel to a 22-year-old game, that's another way in which A Link Between Worlds connects to gaming's past: It doesn't completely guide players through the experience, which is a criticism levied at many modern games — including recent Zelda titles.

"I think that one thing all game developers worry about when they're putting something into a game is, 'Will people notice it? Will people realize what they're supposed to do?' And we kind of have a bad habit of hand-holding, trying to make things easier for everyone," said Aonuma. "But more and more, I start to think that that kind of isn't actually that fun."

Aonuma and his team wanted to implement hints judiciously in A Link Between Worlds. So they tried to design the game so that the people who need hints get them, and those who don't can do their own thing.

"There's actually one area in the game where I fought for three days with my director over whether we should have a hint in there or not. As a result, after the end of that we actually decided to take it out," said Aonuma.

"So if that part of the game is too difficult, it's my fault," he added with a laugh. "But it's fine — it'll be fine!"

It sounds like the Super Guide which is great in my book. I can easily ignore it, while players who aren't so good can get help.

Read the rest of the article here, there's some more interesting things in there:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/12/4829872/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-eiji-aonuma-interview-nycc-2013

Edited by MarcelloF

On the one hand, a connection to Majora's Mask means that they've been paying attention to how much people want Majora's Mask 3DS

On the other hand, I'm still not any closer to playing Majora's Mask on my 3DS

There's really no reason to worry about MM3D. It will come. It'll be cheap to make and will easily make Nintendo money. I'm really confused about the way people act like it won't likely be made.

I'm still hard pressed to be excited about this. The artwork looked kinda nice, then we find out that the alternate world's name is... Lorule? wtf? Who the heck came up with such a lame name? I don't see why people are going crazy over this Hilda character either. She literally looks almost like a palette swap of Zelda. She looks kinda interesting, but there's still not enough going on here to make me really all that interested in it. It doesn't feel like a sequel, it feels like a glorified remake. Which it basically is.

Yeah, things can change, but these are just my impressions thus far.

I'm still hard pressed to be excited about this. The artwork looked kinda nice, then we find out that the alternate world's name is... Lorule? wtf? Who the heck came up with such a lame name?

Anyone who gets mad about "Lorule" is wrong. It's a perfect little piece of wordplay.

I don't see why people are going crazy over this Hilda character either. She literally looks almost like a palette swap of Zelda.

You are aware of the whole parallel world thing the game has going on, right?

It doesn't feel like a sequel, it feels like a glorified remake. Which it basically is.

What part of this is a remake, when there's an entirely new story and major changes to the gameplay?
  • Thumbs Up 8

A lot of these complaints seem to be missing the entire point of the game as seen in those examples Diogenes quoted.

You can't truly get mad about Lorule but it sure is "what the fuck" worthy. 

I didn't think Nintendo would get to that level of pun

• Thumbs Up 3

A change of subject, I know it's really unlikely since it was due to the 25th anniversary, but would anyone else love to see Robin Williams return for the commercials?

I still love this one:

• Thumbs Up 4