Awoo.

"Tales of" series (News,Discussion,Etc.) - News in OP

Solkia

Gaius will be playable.

Personally I'm more excited for Zesteria. That female protag is a cutie

I know Gaius is playable, but I'm kinda surprised he's still alive at all after nearly forcibly taking over two worlds and being at the mercy of the party at the end. I'm even more surprised at our other other new playable character since their actions were even more unforgivable than Gaius' in my own opinion.

As for TOZ's female protag... She is cute, but Marta was the cutest female protagonist out of all the games to me.

• 3 weeks later...

What a coinkidink!

I have 5 dollars left in my bank account!

>360 version

Ehhhhh... I'll save up for the next best thing.

I just don't have a 360 for a couple of reasons.

Its a shame too because Tales is a pretty good series I need to catch up on.

I can't remember if I'm a Gold member or not, but if I am, would you say ToV is a good starting point for newbies?

HEY

WAKE UP XBROS, PUT AWAY THAT KINECT AND PLAY A REAL GAME

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Tales-of-Vesperia/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024e4d07e9?cid=SLink

Tales of Vesperia (360) is $5 for Gold members right now.

Aw man, this is frustating for PS3 users.

I wish Microsoft hadn´t payed for having Vesperia (translated) as a 360-only exclusive orz

• Thumbs Up 1

Now if only I liked vesperia enough to care.

But seriously though if it weren't a digital copy I would probably get it (also if I felt like getting a gold membership).

So yeah turns out Symphonia Chronicles will also be released digitally aside from the physical copy:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/pt-pt/jogos/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles/cid=EP0700-NPEJ00288_00-B000000000000940

Sigh.....why is it that some companies don't tell us this till like a month prior? Now i have to cancel my physical pre-order cause i would rather have it digital. For as bad as Square is at least they announced that Lightning Returns would be released digitally right away.

I just would love to know what my options are without having to wait till it's a month away from release.

Oh, its still coming out physical? Nevermind my earlier status then, but I don't think its that surprising that they are releasing it digital too since from my recollection, xillia also released with its digital version.

Oh, its still coming out physical? Nevermind my earlier status then, but I don't think its that surprising that they are releasing it digital too since from my recollection, xillia also released with its digital version.

Yeah but why only reveal this now? Why not have this for digital pre-order right away? I was under the impression that no digital copy was coming so i pre-ordered the physical copy. There's no real point in having a digital purchase for those that prefer it this way IF YOU DON'T TELL THEM IT'S COMING!   Seriously is there any reason i had to find this out from Sony and not Namco?

It was the same with other Namco distributed games on PSN too. Xillia, Ni no Kuni being the primary examples. Oh and let's not forget Graces only being released digitally a year after its physical release.

Namco, please warn us in advance so i actually know what my options are. Stop sucking as a publisher angry.png

Sigh....Sorry for the rant guys but i really needed to get this off my chest tongue.png

So yeah turns out Symphonia Chronicles will also be released digitally aside from the physical copy:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/pt-pt/jogos/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles/cid=EP0700-NPEJ00288_00-B000000000000940

Whoa, cheap.

I don´t usually buy games on release day, but I´m really tempted to buy this one. 

I wish Xillia was cheap too orz

I'm still going for physical.

The Tales series is one of the few series left that still does hand-drawn boxart

Is it the GBA port, the SNES version, or a new remake built specially for iDevices?

I think they just want to forget the GBA version exists. Along with everyone else.

So that version is in the west? I can't imagine playing it with touch controls, but since it's free it can't hurt to check it out.

What's wrong with the GBA version? Was it universally panned or something? I never played it but I thought it looked cool...

I downloaded it, but it won't play on my iPhone. Its too old....

I have the GBA version on an actual cart, so I'm going to label out why you should avoid it.

• Voice acting is atrocious
  • Framerate is unbearable
  • It's the SNES graphics with the PS1 sprites, so nothing meshes together well
  • The controls have been severely botches. A is Normal attack, B is Artes, and everything else it centered around the R button combined with certain directions on the dpad. R+Down is guard, and it barely works right.
  • Save times are attrocious, and I mean god awful. At least 20 seconds.

Just download an SNES rom or a PSX iso patched for english. IT's the best way to play it.

Is it the GBA port, the SNES version, or a new remake built specially for iDevices?

Not really sure...sorry. I did at least notice that someone on NeoGAF said this version has different translation compared to the GBA script.

Believe these are the achievements. 

auUC8bN.png

Also, seems like Goomy has already gave some interesting information above.  

I have the GBA version on an actual cart, so I'm going to label out why you should avoid it.

• Voice acting is atrocious
  • Framerate is unbearable
  • It's the SNES graphics with the PS1 sprites, so nothing meshes together well
  • The controls have been severely botches. A is Normal attack, B is Artes, and everything else it centered around the R button combined with certain directions on the dpad. R+Down is guard, and it barely works right.
  • Save times are attrocious, and I mean god awful. At least 20 seconds.

Just download an SNES rom or a PSX iso patched for english. IT's the best way to play it.

I've played and beaten the original SNES one. I just thought the GBA one looked pretty good.

Wait, the GBA game had a guard?! I played through most of it without guarding once. I had to beat the bosses in a frantic rush...

I guess it would have helped if I'd bought it new, so the game had a manual with it.

Aside from the slightly odd named 'Kangaroo', which I gather is meant to be 'Ragnarok', I actually enjoyed the game. It was really interesting, playing one of the old Tales and seeing just how much the whole thing had evolved over time.